Help on Mods please..

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-12, 08:35 PM
1Fast99GTP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on Mods please..

Originally Posted by MMCtuner
Another free mod itīs cutting the pink/black stripped wire which controls solenoid 4 to make your auto shift harder.
I seen this on an older thread here on CL . First does this work and second where is this wire if it does work.
Also I have read that a good mod that I have done is to jump the fp to the +b terminal in the diagnostic box under the hood to bypass the FP ECM. After I did this mod I noticed a much more responsive pedal but am I causing harm?.
I also did the BFI along with removing the 2 rear resonators.What else can be done for simple free or cheap mods?
Old 11-30-12, 01:01 PM
1Fast99GTP
Driver School Candidate

45 Looks and nothing? anyone alive out there LOL!
Old 11-30-12, 01:39 PM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the DIY faqs in the stickies. In addition there are millions of threads about this, one being not too long ago by sc400slide.
Old 11-30-12, 01:54 PM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1Fast99GTP
I seen this on an older thread here on CL . First does this work and second where is this wire if it does work.
Also I have read that a good mod that I have done is to jump the fp to the +b terminal in the diagnostic box under the hood to bypass the FP ECM. After I did this mod I noticed a much more responsive pedal but am I causing harm?.
I also did the BFI along with removing the 2 rear resonators.What else can be done for simple free or cheap mods?
Jumping FP to +B is not a "mod". it's retarded. There is absolutely no reason to bypass the factory fuel pump ECU if you're not fully built and boosted. The ingenious individual I bought my SC from did this to my car, and I have since returned it back to factory, like it should be, and like it's going to stay.
Old 11-30-12, 02:04 PM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ True words. Unless your fp ecu is bad or you need high flow at all times for boost its a waste of gas.
Old 11-30-12, 03:11 PM
1Fast99GTP
Driver School Candidate

I do know that jumping the FP on my SC helped the throttle response a LOT, with my other car its a well known mod and helped a lot from stock to me running 11s now... No need to have the FP running variable speeds its harder on the FP anyway. What I really wanna know about is this trans mod
Old 11-30-12, 03:15 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not a waste of gas, it's a waste of voltage. It will hum and run when you only want to just listen to the radio.

Hooking the FP ECU back in is equally retarded as it is to remove it, so the proper way to do this "Mod" is to wire a relay direct from the battery, fused like an audio amp, and using the 12v+ switched from the most forward key position.

There is no reason for the FP ECU other then to showcase Toyota's ability to implement leading edge technology in thier $50k car from 1992, which based on inflation is around 80 grand worth of car for the time with like 10 CPU's.

Good idea Toyota, but a solid 12v+ to the fuel pump is the only way to play.
Old 11-30-12, 05:03 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

What he said... ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 12-01-12, 04:26 PM
1Fast99GTP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
It's not a waste of gas, it's a waste of voltage. It will hum and run when you only want to just listen to the radio.

Hooking the FP ECU back in is equally retarded as it is to remove it, so the proper way to do this "Mod" is to wire a relay direct from the battery, fused like an audio amp, and using the 12v+ switched from the most forward key position.

There is no reason for the FP ECU other then to showcase Toyota's ability to implement leading edge technology in thier $50k car from 1992, which based on inflation is around 80 grand worth of car for the time with like 10 CPU's.

I also agree!! I have a FP rewire I made on my GTP, in time I will make one for the SC but this works for now and as I said it runs better feels better. I still wanna know about the tranny mod (cutting the pink/black stripped wire which controls solenoid 4) Where do I find this wire on the ECM. also is the ECM under the passenger side kick panel the one I need to look at?
Old 12-01-12, 09:01 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also agree!! I have a FP rewire I made on my GTP, in time I will make one for the SC but this works for now and as I said it runs better feels better. I still wanna know about the tranny mod (cutting the pink/black stripped wire which controls solenoid 4) Where do I find this wire on the ECM. also is the ECM under the passenger side kick panel the one I need to look at?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-its-free.html

Everything is explained in this thread.
Old 12-04-12, 04:54 PM
1Fast99GTP
Driver School Candidate

Well I did the trans mod and WOW what a difference it made a 2-1 down shift from about 25-30MPH causes the TCS to activate LOL! The shifts are much more Firm and feel much better! Very happy with this Mod !
Old 12-04-12, 07:35 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I did the trans mod and WOW what a difference it made a 2-1 down shift from about 25-30MPH causes the TCS to activate LOL! The shifts are much more Firm and feel much better! Very happy with this Mod !
Nice. I wired mine on a switch to have smooth Lexus shifting when I want and harsher shifting when I feel like driving smooth.

You should look into the Transgo Shift kit. I'm finally getting my car tomorrow after having it installed. I'll post my results tomorrow.
Old 12-10-12, 07:46 AM
1Fast99GTP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clean400
Nice. I wired mine on a switch to have smooth Lexus shifting when I want and harsher shifting when I feel like driving smooth.

You should look into the Transgo Shift kit. I'm finally getting my car tomorrow after having it installed. I'll post my results tomorrow.
Sounds like fun ! I know with my other cars shift kits make a very nice difference! I am curious on what a difference you will see also.

The switch sounds like a good idea, when you have it "on" does your O/D light still flash? I get the trans code 67 because I have it unplugged. Send me a link please of where you get the shift kit.

Last edited by 1Fast99GTP; 12-10-12 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-10-12, 09:15 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by spoolxexo

I agree with this, but its alot easier to leave the old fuel pump ecu in, and use its output of the stock fuel pump to trigger the relay. that way you still retain all the safety cut offs of the original fuel system, but you get the solid 12V, and its easier to wire up.

for the record I had this 12V mod done on my car as an na-t, and I didn't notice any improvement in power or anything like that at all. I actually undid it and am running the stock fuel ecu now, I really noticed no difference at all down low, in transition to boost, and in full boost.
I have never seen the wideband dip lean, If your fuel ecu works this mod is not necessary, unless you can make large amounts of boost down low with a 2-step or something. In short it works for me just fine the factory way, but I do have a walboro in the tank.