Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Making 92-94 SC300/400's "beep" audibly when using the factory keyless entry

Old 10-17-13, 04:17 PM   #46
jayclapp
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

I personally think is it crass and annoying to be beeped at by cars that emit loud noised and even honk their horn when the car is remotely locked. The 92 SC400 remote lock won't respond farther than 3 feet from the car. Consequently it is kind of nice just hearing the doors lock or unlock when you press the key button. No loud noised are required or necessary. LS400's have a volume control on their smart key controlled cars. They are almost required because the car is so quiet. And you can adjust it so you don't annoy others.

Along these lines, there's nothing more annoying than a car in a parking lot with it's horn going off due to it's security system. And absolutely no one is paying attention or calling the cops for that matter.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

BOOMER SOONER!
jayclapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 08:27 PM   #47
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

jayclapp, I agree with you regarding alarm systems blaring incessantly but this is just a simple beep to inform the owner that doors have been locked or unlocked when performing the mundane and very automatic task of pressing a remote button.

I suppose you aren't obsessive-compulsive or simply forgetful? I find that an audible sound helps prevent me from walking halfway across a parking lot, panicking and turning around to physically pull on the door handle to confirm I've locked my car. Or always peering into my windows to physically look at my door locks every time I lock the car.

I agree that some cars overdo it. In this case, it's very easy to assume your car is locked (or panic thinking you left it unlocked regardless of logic) because the sound of the mechanism itself is very faint and near imperceptible as to which mode it is in.
Old 10-18-13, 10:47 AM   #48
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Cleanshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahnBB6 View Post
Cleanshots, that has happened to me too. Nonetheless, thank you!

Where exactly did you tap the 12V for the lock? Was this at the fuse box? And the piezo buzzer... was that hooked up directly or did you use a relay?

If a relay is better (and to prevent battery drain) I think I'd be inclined again to use this beeper device. What do you think:

http://kptechnologies.com/products.php#/9
lol funny u should post that.. i saw that yesterday around the same time u posted that.. you could get that and u only need relay if u wants your lights to flash.. my method is cheapest and easiest.. its basically just one wire.. from the 12v lock to the buzzer.. you can use the body as ground at the buzzer location.

my beeper is loud enough to hear, not loud to be annoying and sounds almost like all factory toyotas!

the beeper is RadioShack 86dB Piezo Buzzer part number 273-060

94 Sc300 Blk on USB 5spd 1 of 227 #076
2Jz-gte, Turbonetics T72-70, aeromotive, R154, BC racing, koyo, Act, HKS Hi Power, zirgo, TRS, Momo, Tial, BrianCrower, Fluidamper
Check out my threads and leave some love.
Stage1: Build and GTE Swap.
Stage2: Paint!
Ongoing Photoshoot Thread.

Last edited by Cleanshots; 10-18-13 at 11:07 AM..
Cleanshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 05:27 PM   #49
SC4ME
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (-1)

www.facebook.com/gasizzle GaSiZzLe tai470 GaSiZzLe GaSiZzLe l_cpl_jallad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahnBB6 View Post
Impossible since (with Cleanshots' 12V trigger method) this could only happen if the electric door locking system itself failed OR if you turned off your 92-94 Remote key dash switch. The latter would mean you have to lock the doors with the key manually anyway.
idk i think its possible but improbable. im fine with the oem key or just manually locking it. im not lazy where i have to press a button.
SC4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 05:28 PM   #50
SC4ME
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (-1)

www.facebook.com/gasizzle GaSiZzLe tai470 GaSiZzLe GaSiZzLe l_cpl_jallad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayclapp View Post
I personally think is it crass and annoying to be beeped at by cars that emit loud noised and even honk their horn when the car is remotely locked. The 92 SC400 remote lock won't respond farther than 3 feet from the car. Consequently it is kind of nice just hearing the doors lock or unlock when you press the key button. No loud noised are required or necessary. LS400's have a volume control on their smart key controlled cars. They are almost required because the car is so quiet. And you can adjust it so you don't annoy others.

Along these lines, there's nothing more annoying than a car in a parking lot with it's horn going off due to it's security system. And absolutely no one is paying attention or calling the cops for that matter.
i agree however there are some very smooth chirps some cars have that i actually enjoy hearing, meanwhile it assures me the car is indeed "armed". a safety satisfaction is a must for all vehicles.
SC4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 10:53 PM   #51
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion

Getting back to this, finally. Tonight I ordered the KP Technologies beep module. I'll post my results with it here.
Old 06-16-14, 03:46 PM   #52
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion

The KP Technologies beeper module came in today. I don't have time to dive into the wiring now but I will soon.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-16-14, 06:55 PM   #53
Mjmpro
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Sight and sound

Lexus made a system called sight and sound for early es300 and ?
Don't know if it was made for the sc butt if it can still be bought It can be made to work
Need to see if it is still around
Mjmpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 07:04 PM   #54
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion

Mjmpro, if it's still available at all it's whatever is left over in the parts inventory and we'd need a specific Toyota/Lexus P/N. I don't believe there was any such option for SC's. What exactly did this "Sight and Sound" package do?
Old 08-12-14, 11:30 AM   #55
Kris9884
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

Does anyone have the part number for the actual beeping speaker?

'92 RJP SC300 - NA-T - SOLD
'97 CGP SC400 - BFI - Stock - For now..

My Formula Drift photodump: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...-pictures.html
Kris9884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 11:30 AM

Tags
92, 95, beep, car, dont, hear, lexus, locked, ls400, power, sc300, sc400, seats, speaker, turn, work