SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New XXR Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-13, 09:57 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

this is a stupid argument

Here is what we all know and agree on.......

Fact 1 - people simply buy what they can afford and simply just live with the fact rep wheels never look as good as the real ones
Seen cars with rep wheels parked next to the real ones, and there is a night and day difference

Fact 2 - also there is nothing wrong with buying 3k wheels for a 3-5k car, because you can unbolt the wheel and bolt it on another car.
Having a wheel on a certain car does not depreciate the value of the wheel.
A 2.5k wheel on a civic will still sell for 2.5k as long as someone is willing to buy it. No one sends you a message saying 1k because it was on a freaking civic

Fact 3 - metal bends and cracks
so yes a wheel made better and with better material will probably hold better than other wheels made with less quality material and made through a less quality process
but that doesn't necessarily mean the lesser wheel is complete crap.

Fact 4 - Yes these are complete rip offs but remember
big companies aren't too worried about reps, these xxr ccw reps look no where near as good as the real ones parked lol

Fact 5 - WTF is fake? the wheel still bolts on and gets you to point A to point B, its made of metal(hopefully), it doesn't deteriorate after driving 1 mile.
Its wheel design a cheaper company is replicating and copying because designers and engineers are expensive lol,

Fact 6 - quit comparing our cars to civics, you can spend 1k and get coilovers, wheels, tires, lip kit, bolt ons, and a 5 speed conversion parts for a civic. Nothing is that cheap for ours cars

now the FFW "fake fuxking wheel" would make an awesome sticker to place on my replica wheels

Now with that said, I still wish I could afford non rep wheels, my non rep turbo cost me way more than the $600 these wheels do lol

Last edited by chnk; 02-28-13 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-01-13, 12:44 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

anyway..... has anyone polished the xxr capped on lips before to a true shine? i didn't buy the platinums because i wanted gold and i am thinking when i get them to polish them to a mirror shine with brown then white compound.
Old 03-01-13, 04:26 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 313sc3
This is funny since your kit is not auto couture and you used to rock bbs lm reps. Admit it. You wanted to save money. Could you explain why you didnt buy real lm's or a auto couture kit?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...heels-etc.html
lmao I wanted to save money ? Haha this is awesome , read what I said about the a/c vs shine . Maybe if you read what I wrote in this thread you will understand, the wheels were on my car temp , they came with center caps and I told every single person they were fake .not gettin into shine vs a/c argument again shine fits better period and a/c was discontinued and months away I was in the beginning of show season at that point. Anyways carry on
Old 03-01-13, 04:30 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
Not to mention the fact that the BBS reps had BBS written in the center. Hypocrisy? lol

I'm rocking XXR 521's, which are sort-of a BBS knockoff, but they say XXR on the centercap, and not try to pretend to be something else. And i think my XXR's are darn good quality. I actually drive my car on the crappy Chicago roads, and I hate driving slow. They're holding up great
The bbs lm knock offs look like cheap plastic Kmart jewelry next to real jewelry . If you have no idea what real jewelry looks like you go to Kmart and then say man I don't want the 2k bracelet this 200 dollar one looks the same , good quality too!
Old 03-01-13, 06:37 AM
313sc3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
lmao I wanted to save money ? Haha this is awesome , read what I said about the a/c vs shine . Maybe if you read what I wrote in this thread you will understand, the wheels were on my car temp , they came with center caps and I told every single person they were fake .not gettin into shine vs a/c argument again shine fits better period and a/c was discontinued and months away I was in the beginning of show season at that point. Anyways carry on
That still dosnt explain why you rocked a pair. Why didn't you buy lm's then?
Old 03-01-13, 07:10 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 313sc3
That still dosnt explain why you rocked a pair. Why didn't you buy lm's then?
Because I didn't want to wait 3-4 months to get them as I was getting ready for the season and got temp wheels , I knew I was going to get a set during that winter and I knew it wasn't going to be lms I like the style just not that much . I never said they looked as good as real and never tried to pass them up as real . Like I said nothing wrong with knock offs as long as you don't make excuses why you won't buy real since fake looks just as good .
Old 03-01-13, 08:09 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

I never said they looked as good as real and never tried to pass them up as real . Like I said nothing wrong with knock offs as long as you don't make excuses why you won't buy real since fake looks just as good .
GOD its like no matter what comment you make it still comes off snobby. no matter how much you try to justify yourself. im pretty sure ppl who are rocking xxr's or any other knock off's arent going around acting like they have the authentic pair. ppl who have xxr's are aware they have xxr's and live with it. its just a wheel. some ppl, like myself, prefer to put more money elsewhere before they buy really expensive wheels, like upgrading a 1jz. i respect any sc and the owner of the sc no matter what wheel is on it
Old 03-01-13, 09:42 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wirelesstj
GOD its like no matter what comment you make it still comes off snobby. no matter how much you try to justify yourself. im pretty sure ppl who are rocking xxr's or any other knock off's arent going around acting like they have the authentic pair. ppl who have xxr's are aware they have xxr's and live with it. its just a wheel. some ppl, like myself, prefer to put more money elsewhere before they buy really expensive wheels, like upgrading a 1jz. i respect any sc and the owner of the sc no matter what wheel is on it
i'm not trying to justify anything i'm simply making a statement, youre the one thats trying to justify something.I dont get why its so hard to understand, the other guy wrote something like "haters gonna hate, i will be less poor doing it then you are" you quoted it and gave him thumbs and and said ^ this. so you agree with that statement if he said" i cant afford to buy real wheels, im going to put my money in other things but i still want to be stylish and that is why i will buy these wheels" i have no problem with that.
Old 03-01-13, 10:27 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

so you agree with that statement if he said" i cant afford to buy real wheels, im going to put my money in other things but i still want to be stylish and that is why i will buy these wheels" i have no problem with that.
oh ok well then thats great man now everything is settled and my opinion has changed
Old 03-01-13, 10:28 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

i thought u were just knocking on ppl for not buying authentics. for me thats my motto," i cant afford to buy real wheels, im going to put my money in other things but i still want to be stylish and that is why i will buy these wheels"
Old 03-01-13, 10:40 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, people still arguing about petty things in here.
Old 03-01-13, 11:08 AM
scmaluco
Driver

like my wife says OMG. we need a fake vs. real parts thread in this ****ing forum so you ****ing people can bash on whatever the fk you want... i haven't yet to see one thread about wheels or turbo or anything that has "replicas" on the subject and people didn't bash on it.. no one is asking for your ****ing 2 cents. fk stick to the damn subject. ****ing stupid.
Old 03-01-13, 01:31 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who. The. ****. Cares. Period.
Old 03-01-13, 02:59 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"haters gonna hate, i will be less poor doing it then you are"
hey never said that! i think you misinterpreting/adding that end part made this "discussion" go haywire in the last 2.5 pages
Old 03-01-13, 03:56 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iridebmx
hey never said that! i think you misinterpreting/adding that end part made this "discussion" go haywire in the last 2.5 pages
thats true, u did kinda add to that last part MDSC. all he said is he is gonna be less poor in the process= saved money=doesnt feel like i wiped out my bank account with that purchase. but its w.e lets stay on topic about the ccw's and their specs, release date, blah blah blah

Quick Reply: New XXR Wheels