SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New XXR Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-13, 02:55 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are replicas and knock off parts such a hot button topic on this forum???

Oh, that's right!
...Because we're talking about SC's that only cost the owner $1k-$5k to get into usually... Which makes up the majority of people on this forum I'm willing to bet. Keep perspective- it's probably more logical to argue about it on an R35 GT-R forum where people will be sympathetic and actually have some money to spend and care about quality vs. how cheap they can get it.

TIL- The SC forum is not the best place to argue on ethics.

Of course there are the VERY FEW, such as yourself MDSC, or Kohinoor, ScottURNot, etc- who are trying to build top level show cars with the best parts.... That is the exception on this forum. Lets keep this in mind.
Old 02-28-13, 02:58 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

this is a lame and stupid argument.

same goes for ebay/china manifolds/kits.

everyone needs to mind their own damn business when it comes to this crap.

I have infiniti m35x wheels on my car... if people ask, i tell them... ive been asked 2 times in 2 years. its only on here with wheel snobs (no offense, wheel snobs) that it ever matters.

ive hit some crazy potholes here and there and my wheels still run perfect. so i think spending money on wheels is stupid unless youre just doing it to show off... how about that. Oems are probably better.
Old 02-28-13, 03:03 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rays wheels make most infinity wheels, they are expensive when bought new from the factory. Rays aftermarket wheels are expensive too so saying oem is better then Japanese aftermarket wheels is just silly. Toyota,nissan,honda..etc do not make wheels.
Old 02-28-13, 03:12 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im just saying if you can afford works, rays engineering, ccw's then why not. if i had the money of course id be buying the best too. but dont bash knock offs because all you buy are authentic ones. this statement is not pointed at any one btw. its just an open statement about those kind of people
Old 02-28-13, 03:25 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ridiculous debate real or fake if the quality is great and it looks good who cares what others think or say they're wheels! Lol
Old 02-28-13, 03:30 PM
scmaluco
Driver

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Ridiculous debate real or fake if the quality is great and it looks good who cares what others think or say there wheels! Lol
rite... anyways i saw on this one website you can pre order them right now for $700 must get. I have a set of Varrstoen 19x10.5 and 19x9.5 +22 all around.. too agressive and its a ***** to find some 255/35/19. my fenders are rolled and i was trying to do some donuts the other day and i was rubbing like a ****. other than that they clear pretty good i want to run some 265 or 275 on these new replicas.. 19x10 +35. i'm just debating if i want 18 or 19 :/

they are some good looking wheels for the price.. no doubt.

ohh and available to ship April-june

Last edited by scmaluco; 02-28-13 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-28-13, 05:30 PM
ShiftyD2k
Lead Lap

I was planned to get some rims like that but i end up with that so I went with nice 19s better than XXR..

XXR look annoying to me because of the wheels bolt pattern mix....

Good luck who have low budget to buying that.
Old 02-28-13, 06:21 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jznosht
Glad you saw the flaw in you ffw argument...and yes once upon a time some genius invented the engine. That genius was copied.

And this whole debate is silly. I didn't know people still cared about CCW classics. Didn't that fad die down already? And also it's pretty silly to spend 3k on wheels to put on a car worth 3.5k
Right.... I forgot there was a rule that forbid you to spend more on parts than the car is worth. In that case, Chip Foose and most other muscle car builders are a bunch of retards because they spend
$100-200k on a pile of rust they bought for $5k at the junk yard. Come back when you have a decent argument.

Cost aside, there is VISUAL difference between a quality wheel and a cheap POS wheel. If you are too blind to see that difference than I don't even want to debate this further with you.

Good bye.
Old 02-28-13, 06:45 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL at the cheap comments from cheap people. If you got your SC for $3k and are cheap, then why are you modding it at all? Fake wheels for $700-$800 plus tires is still going to be $1100-$1200 with tires. Oh no thats half the value of your cheap $3k SC you got, better not do it then because thats too much right?
Old 02-28-13, 07:08 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What does getting your SC for 3k matter? This thread is just getting out of hand now.

Get a SC, get expensive "real" wheels + expensive professional paint jobs + Mods & or swap by a shop = Spend$$$

Get a SC get some desent wheels + DIY paint jobs+ DIY Mods or swap= Save $$$

Look just as good as the person who spent all that cash = Priceless.

Yeah i can see why people be hatin.

Even when you switch up the scenarios above you still drive a SC at the end of the day, whatever your budget is go for it. You can save and still look proper

Now body kits its a whole different story.
Old 02-28-13, 07:51 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey-E
What does getting your SC for 3k matter? This thread is just getting out of hand now.

Get a SC, get expensive "real" wheels + expensive professional paint jobs + Mods & or swap by a shop = Spend$$$

Get a SC get some desent wheels + DIY paint jobs+ DIY Mods or swap= Save $$$

Look just as good as the person who spent all that cash = Priceless. That's extremely subjective.

Yeah i can see why people be hatin.

Even when you switch up the scenarios above you still drive a SC at the end of the day, whatever your budget is go for it. You can save and still look proper

Now body kits its a whole different story.
I agree on the DIY part to save money whenever possible, but most DIY paint/body works looks like sht because the person doing it doesn't have the proper tools, materials, environment, and experience to do what a good bodyshop can do. Sure there are exceptions to that, but for the most part, that's how it goes.
Old 02-28-13, 08:28 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

I actually wrapped my rims in aluminum foil...looks good but foil is expensive
Old 02-28-13, 09:03 PM
313sc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MDSC
more then likely youre already poor if you buying fake wheels and trying to explain why you doing it. Knock offs are knock offs, xxr does not make a 3piece knock off they are just cast wheels. I have no problem buying Megan/BC coilovers over tein or hks since they perform just fine same goes for Shine VS A/C its all fiberglass if it fits and dosent crack just sitting there its fine. Fake me out wheels that are made to look like a 3 piece but arent is not the same. If that is all you can afford without going absolutely broke thats fine too just dont try to justify how you going to be less broke then who bought real wheels.
This is funny since your kit is not auto couture and you used to rock bbs lm reps. Admit it. You wanted to save money. Could you explain why you didnt buy real lm's or a auto couture kit?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...heels-etc.html
Old 02-28-13, 09:21 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 313sc3
This is funny since your kit is not auto couture and you used to rock bbs lm reps. Admit it. You wanted to save money. Could you explain why you didnt buy real lm's or a auto couture kit?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...heels-etc.html
Not to mention the fact that the BBS reps had BBS written in the center. Hypocrisy? lol

I'm rocking XXR 521's, which are sort-of a BBS knockoff, but they say XXR on the centercap, and not try to pretend to be something else. And i think my XXR's are darn good quality. I actually drive my car on the crappy Chicago roads, and I hate driving slow. They're holding up great
Old 02-28-13, 09:50 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

If you wanna buy lower quality rims then buy them if you like high quality custom offset rims then by all means go for it. Spend your money the way you want to spend it. I have a mixture of both on my car. I have ebay turbo manifold but with a BW turbo. Rocking TT wheels and a auto TT LSD with R154. I might go buy some knock off lower quality wheels I just can't stand the fact the offset aren't correct for my car so for the time being I will rock TT wheels. I don't mind the lower quality stuff if it functions and looks right on my car. Most of the lower quality wheels the offset SUCKS. Either they won't clear BBK or they stick out too far. At the end of the day whatever makes you happy. Its your money spend it where you want to spend it.

Quick Reply: New XXR Wheels