SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The SC Doctrine

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-13, 08:42 PM
RicoLSX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'MURICA!

I'm glad to see what we still have long time enthusiasts that hang around this section of CL.I come from the GM world (Camaro/TA/Vette/GTO/trucks etc) where I've spent more than a decade absorbing knowledge. It was overwhelming to join the new world and attempt to learn my way around a new car. I'll be yanking the drivetrain but I'm sure I'll spend MUCH time on the forum fixing the small bits and pieces of this car. She is a long, LONG term project and I look forward to spending much time/money/sweat/blood with all the CL folks yo!

Last edited by RicoLSX; 09-20-13 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-20-13, 10:09 PM
hoosier58
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll miss this community when the SC 300 goes this month. I have been part of some other forum communities (RV, 4X4, dirt bike), and the people were always supportive. CL is the most helpful community I've seen though. Some very good people have created very detailed DIYs. Everybody seems to do whatever they can to steer others to the information they need. This really is a community, in a special way.

Maybe it's something about the character of the SC, because whatever it is we do to our cars, and some of us go in different directions than others, we all love the basic platform in a very similar way. Even though the car is not a perfect car in any area of performance or utility, the esthetics and potential just feel so latent. Something makes it THE car.

I'm not going to blubber until the car is actually gone.
Old 08-20-14, 09:34 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Bump for the newbs.
Old 08-20-14, 11:22 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Bump for the newbs.
yea i've never seen this, it was awesome, nice job O.L.T.
Old 08-21-14, 12:00 AM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 481 Likes on 291 Posts
Smile The SC Doctrine

Mr. O L T "Keeper of the Light"
Thank you so much for keeping the Flame alive.
I appreciate your wisdom & Love for the SC, as I am sure all members do!
I am your "newbe"; at least to the forum, but not to my sc "The Purple Bullet" 92' SC 400 which I've had most of its life
I have had a lot of cars, I'm a driver by profession. I think I can tell when a car is excellent or junk. I am in this forum to sing the praise of the SC as one of the finest production cars. My SC has over a 1/4 mill miles. I have never had any of the issues in your first paragraph of the doctrine.
Infact I have never had a repair* I've never seen a drop of any fluids underneath it. I do the basic maintenance and it just goes and goes
(I have had the door hinge brake because the door is so heavy And my gauge cluster is the usual) but thats it
I love my SC
Thanks for the bump
Old 08-21-14, 02:55 AM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

OLT you are the MAN!

Your words captured the very essence of how I feel about my SC. I've had my 1995 SC400 since 2005 with 97k miles on the clock. 9 years later I have 235k on it. I got the mod bug right away and added coilovers, wheels, exhaust, intake, tint. These 9 years have been such a joy driving the SC and it still runs like a brand new car! It's one of the most reliable, beautiful, and timeless cars on the road today. Something about this car..it has so much soul and character. I feel like it's become a part of me and I will NEVER sell it. It's my first and only car and no matter how many cars I acquire in the future, it will always be in my stable. On top of that, the SC community is like an extended family. We have so much love for our cars and that has resulted in great comradery here.

Thank God for CLUBLEXUS
Old 08-21-14, 09:06 AM
Albatross
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got into this car and the community was huge while I was still building a turbo 240. I find it crazy that I'm posting things people either have not done before or have done but nobody ever consolidated the information in one place.

I hope to do that for other things once I'm finished tinkering with the suspension. I like this forum and having been on everything from zilvia to local forums this is by far one of the best car forums I've ever come across.
Old 03-25-15, 08:13 AM
Lowlife24
Driver School Candidate

Bump for The Enthusiast.
Old 09-26-15, 09:27 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

New guys, this has been a passion for me for 14 years. Read it and take it in. This is who we are.
Old 02-16-16, 02:24 PM
LEXLUIS
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And this the reason why I bumped this old thread.
Searching for knowledge as I embarked in what to me is what I always wanted A Sport Luxury no compromise car.

OLT again, I salute you as I embark on restoring, rebuilding my new old Lexus.
This my 4th one a 95 SC 400.
I will start a new build thread here soon on my Journey but already have too many good ideas based on the wealth of knowledge shared here.
BTW She will need a complete overhaul because the lack of Love
Old 02-22-16, 07:11 PM
SCYAL8R
Rookie

Originally Posted by LEXLUIS
And this the reason why I bumped this old thread.
Searching for knowledge as I embarked in what to me is what I always wanted A Sport Luxury no compromise car.

OLT again, I salute you as I embark on restoring, rebuilding my new old Lexus.
This my 4th one a 95 SC 400.
I will start a new build thread here soon on my Journey but already have too many good ideas based on the wealth of knowledge shared here.
BTW She will need a complete overhaul because the lack of Love
I come from the greatest automotive forum ever created (ih8mud) for arguably the greatest vehicle ever driven on or off road (80 series cruiser) but as great as the passion is at mud, it may be greater here.

This thread and the op hit the nail right on the head with a sledge hammer. Every single sc I spot anywhere I call it out. My wife and son know the car inside and out.

This thread summarizes why I'll be back rather than fall victim to an a5 or s5 or something similar. Bless all you guys and your knowledge, passion, inventiveness and willingness to share.
Old 02-23-16, 07:45 AM
Schleme
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While reading the original post I found so many similarities to myself. Im from Toronto and I know of about 6 other SC's in the area (3 of which are parts cars haha) and I recognize them everytime I see them drive around. The SC really is a classic car now, ive noticed I recieve many more compliments on the rarity and look of the car then any of my friends do for teir cars.