SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

car accident

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-12, 02:07 PM
ksrnumber1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope they let me buy mine back.. there is a lot of stuff i want to keep. What sucks for me is i got this monday.. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...jzgte-vvti.jpg and the wreck above (Black SC300) happened Friday. Could be worse i guess, I could have just finished the swap.
Old 09-09-12, 02:26 PM
ksrnumber1
Driver School Candidate

Also I,m sorry about the last post. That came out bad. I,m not trying to hi-jack your thread. I just haven,t vented yet. I am glad you were ok though. Getting hit right in the side is bad. They probably will total it out though. Don't let them low ball you. I even heard you don't have to take the first offer. Definetly get your receipts in order.
Old 09-09-12, 04:50 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

try to get them to send u a cheque and then u can source out the cheapest possible route.

By a door from scrapyard , get the quarter panel pulled or replaced and u should be good as new.
Old 09-15-12, 04:30 AM
UR2klose
Pole Position

well the car is totaled... the insurance company told me to bring the car to the 1st shop i had went to to get an estimate and for them to take pictures. since i had already gotten an estimate from the shop already ($5,900), they just sent it to the insurance company along with pictures of my car. later that day they called and told me my car is totaled and they will pick it up from my house on monday. they are giving me a nice amount for it so im ok with the outcome. time to start really searching for another sc. hopefully i can find another 97+
Old 09-15-12, 06:32 AM
Axmily
Lead Lap

damn man sucks to hear!!
time for widebody
Old 09-15-12, 11:14 AM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May she rest in peace. Did they pay you for any of your aftermarket stuff?

If they didn't, yank that stuff off. You and I know she's headed straight for the 'yard.
Old 09-15-12, 12:44 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Did they give you a price to buy it back?
Old 09-15-12, 12:54 PM
NKYSoarer
Driver School Candidate

Yea its going to be totaled due to that rear quarter and it looks to have slightly bent the inner door sill. Sucks but glad to hear your ok.
Old 09-18-12, 04:24 PM
UR2klose
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brerrabbit
May she rest in peace. Did they pay you for any of your aftermarket stuff?

If they didn't, yank that stuff off. You and I know she's headed straight for the 'yard.
no, they werent paying me extra for any aftermarket parts but i removed everything before they picked up the car

Originally Posted by Asha'man
Did they give you a price to buy it back?
no, they didnt give me a price to buy back.. they just picked it up today so its officially gone
Old 09-18-12, 08:09 PM
1of120
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry about the accident. I too was in the same shoes a while back so I know how you feel. As long as you ok but I hope all turns out well for you.
Old 04-28-13, 09:11 PM
sprafrk21
Driver School Candidate

Though UR2klose hasn't been on in a while so I doubt he will see it, your sc didn't go to the junk yard. lol it doesn't even have a salvage title. I picked it up at the auction for a $1000, picked up a door for $100 and whenever I get around to it will be $600 to fix the quarter panel.
Old 04-28-13, 11:02 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep... insurance companies suck *****.
They regularly total any and everything you become attached to. They will gladly take the highest estimate they can get, and rarely will ever work with you to outside shops if you get a cheaper estimate. They will then auction your car to some lucky SOB (congrats on the pickup sprafrk21) who will fix it for a song and a dance.

I'm still bitter about my last car, I've got the VIN number holed away in my room and I look it up every now and then to see where it goes, the only thing insurance did well with my last one was cut me a fat check (more than i paid for the car, and almost more than I paid for the mods). Mine didn't end up with a salvage title either, no damage under the hood, just a bent bumper, and cracked grill. I really wish I hadn't listened to my family on that one. A lot of times they make the right call with things, but they were off the boat on that one.

Any pictures of his SC now that you've got it bro?
Old 04-28-13, 11:31 PM
njsc3000
Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by UR2klose
i went to a few shops yesterday to get some estimates. the first place i went to gave me a print out of everything that had to be done which came out to 5,900. this included replacing the door, glass, quart panel, paint, 4 wheel wheel alignment, and labor. everything would be done with dealer parts. the second place i went to didn't give me a set price because they said they had to call the dealer to get a price on the door. but told me the panel wasn't a big deal and could be fixed. the last place i went to told me to bring a door from the junk yard and they'll fix the panel and paint the door, panel and door jam for 1,300. i'm pretty sure the insurance companies estimate will be close to the first shop i went to, so i'm guessing it will be considered totaled. i may just say f what they say though and fix it anyway. i haven't even had this car a whole year but i've grown attached it. plus I've been looking on craigslist the past few days for another sc and i don't see any 97+ sc's. only found two with ugly body kits on them. for now i have to just wait it out though. which i hate, im very impatient and hate seeing my car like this. ive already found a white door in the junk yard yesterday that i was tempted to get but it had some rust...

i think i bought the last clean sc in the north nj area . mines looks just like yours minus rims. and i, lkie every one else think that the insurance Co. will total it.
Old 04-28-13, 11:41 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by sprafrk21
Though UR2klose hasn't been on in a while so I doubt he will see it, your sc didn't go to the junk yard. lol it doesn't even have a salvage title. I picked it up at the auction for a $1000, picked up a door for $100 and whenever I get around to it will be $600 to fix the quarter panel.
lol that is funny
Old 04-29-13, 05:18 AM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

put some better rims on it

Quick Reply: car accident