SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So I am keeping Sasha.. She is getting some bling!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-12, 11:31 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I am keeping Sasha.. She is getting some bling!!

So I have been on here reading all about how people have use Supra Mk4 exhausts for there SC300's and such. So I decided to try it out. I ordered an ebay exhaust for the Mk4 that is a Dp + Exhaust 3" in diameter. I also ordered a high flow cat to install on it so that I can pass emissions. Seeing as how I have stock exhaust and a 1jz swap I figured for $250 I coulldn't go wrong. I will have to get it extended or just use the cat that I purchased to fill the void. So that being said that is one of the bling Items. I also have a custom DP that my buddy made and it has a wideband bung as well as a vband flange on the end of it. So I ordered a vband as well to put on the end of the Mk4 exhaust so that it will connect. So that will complete my full exhaust that it has so desperately needed for the past 2 yrs. Thanks "VRANK" for the DP also.

If you can see I have basic exhaust nothing special!!

It may be an ugly DP but the bends are real close to the exhaust already. So I will be going to get it all wlded up and see wether I will just use the flange off of it or if I need to do more with it.

So the next thing I am tackling is the cooling system. So I ordered the Mk4 Supra 2-core radiator to replace my current crap box of a rad in my car. I also have a trans cooler that I ordered to help cool my stupid Auto box until I do my 5 spd swap next year. I am getting new hoses as well for the rad just havent received them yet.

A couple other things I am doing as well are the front bushings for the upper and lower control arms. I have a set of steering rack bushings going in as well. Vrank will be helping me to do the front main seal, cam seals, timing belt and accessory belt. We are planning on getting a set of LS400 4pot calipers and Rotors to ad some stopping power since the stock brakes are weak sauce! I already have SS brake lines so that will help out as well. After all of this I will be having the alignment done and also a possible tune since I will finally have my UEGO hooked up and I have had my S-afc hooked up forever and not tuned. This should be fun. I may even crank the boost a little to 14psi at most.

I will be updating with more pics when I receive more parts as well as a small write up and good pics of the exhaust since people seem to not have any on the net that you can really see well. I hope to help with this by getting some good ones. Anyway, That is what I am doing now to Sasha since she needs some love!!!

Last edited by 4urxtc; 08-26-12 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-23-12, 07:04 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1st off congrats on keeping 2nd post a vid off the exhaust sound when its done so cl can hear it and good luck on the other mods
Old 08-23-12, 07:07 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Good stuff. Love how you laid out the exhaust in your living room! I thought I was the only one that does that.
Old 08-23-12, 07:12 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joey-E
1st off congrats on keeping 2nd post a vid off the exhaust sound when its done so cl can hear it and good luck on the other mods
I will post how it sounds now with just magnaflo mufflers on it. Then I will post open DP just for fun. After I will post the new exhaust so that everyone can enjoy! Thanks for the luck! Lol
Old 08-23-12, 07:14 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Good stuff. Love how you laid out the exhaust in your living room! I thought I was the only one that does that.
Haha, I set it up because well. Its like christmas!! Got a see how my new present to myself looks! Shiny!!!!!
Old 08-23-12, 07:16 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice! Man, shiny! LOL
Old 08-23-12, 07:27 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I love how shiny that exhaust is.
Old 08-23-12, 07:34 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Not bad for $250 right? I know I will be hacking it up a little but its basically perfect and looks good. I expect it should sound good too
Old 08-24-12, 04:53 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Steering rack bushings in!!
Old 08-24-12, 04:58 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 4urxtc
Steering rack bushings in!!
Awesome man, glad to hear. That exhaust is going to be wicked once fitted and bolted on. Did you get your daughters permission to post her on here?
Old 08-24-12, 05:39 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Awesome man, glad to hear. That exhaust is going to be wicked once fitted and bolted on. Did you get your daughters permission to post her on here?
Lol Thats not my daughter! She is my GF's kid. She wanted to see the bling bling! She was like wow thats going to fit under the car!? Lol

It should look killer and sound good too. I can't wait to see it all done. Hopefully it will tuck nicely with out having to mod it more but if it does no biggie. Im going tomorrow morning to the junk yard to get some LS400 brakes also!
Old 08-24-12, 07:26 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

$250 for the bling bling exhaust ... ... good deal ! Nice one too ..
Old 08-24-12, 08:15 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gerrb
$250 for the bling bling exhaust ... ... good deal ! Nice one too ..
Yeah not to shaby. Welds are ok not the best but I am not complaining. Better than what I have.
Old 08-26-12, 08:53 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Ok, so I just ordered up all the brake parts I needed. I spent about $350 total on my brakes.

I ordered the front L/R Calipers for a 95+ Ls400 reman from A-1 Cardone 19-1908/19-1909 for $180 shipped
Also Ls400 front rotors & pads for $118 shipped
I needed rear Sc300 rotors so I ordered those for $63 shipped

So not bad for that amount... I already have SS lines so it should feel way better when braking than it does now with the doodoo stock brakes.

I have to say that my egay brakes from a 1.5yr ago held up ok but they don't like coming down from higher speeds. They faded and now are starting to crack. The rotors that is! I can't wait to see how these feel when they are on and ready along with the suspension bushings done.

Updates soon with install of the brakes when I get them I will finish them in my burnt orange color I love so much!
Old 08-30-12, 12:01 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Got my first caliper. Waiting on the left side to arrive. These calipers are huge and only 11lbs!! Crazy! Should make stopping more effective.

Quick Reply: So I am keeping Sasha.. She is getting some bling!!