SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Just how ANAL are you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-12, 06:34 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Just how **** are you?

I have been wanting to post this thread for some time. I wanted to see just how **** people are with their cars, especially their SC's. I am pretty **** on mine, making sure its stays clean all the time, no bugs, rims are shiny, and the dash vents stay clean. I especially hate any grass or dirt on the black floor mats. My wife tells me all the time that I spend way too much time cleaning, wiping, polishing, and waxing the SC. If she only knew how time I still do it while she is in the shower or while I am at work.. Ever since my swap, I am even more ****, since now I am wanting to show the car at the local meets and so on. Just hearing random people pull up next to me or when I am getting gas and they say, "Man, that 240 is real clean, what year is it?" I just smile and keep from laughing and say thanks, and BTW do you want to see the motor?

So let me begin by asking a series of questions....

Do you watch the weather every hour to see if you need to wipe your car down at your lunch break?

Do you wash the car while on vacation?

Do you wash the car when you return home, even before you start unloading, cause you have a rep of always having a clean car?

If you smell something funny when you turn the AC on or vent, do you pull over and raise the hood, or continue to keep driving?

Do you change the oil or do the scheduled maintence or just let it go until something breaks?

Do you keep several microfibers in the glove box or center console, in case a bug hits the windshield?

Do you carry antifreeze and a quart of extra oil with you in the trunk?

Do you wake up in the morning and the first thing you think about is boost?

If you hear unfamiliar sound anywhere coming from the car, do you investigate that day or let it be to see if it corrects itself?

When you wash the car, do you jack up the car, remove the tires and clean the back side of the them?

How many times do you check this thread section during the day?

These are just a few things that I try and do and keep with me, so lets see how many other SC owners are just as **** as me. Post up how you are, and try to be honest about it.

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 08-21-12 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-21-12, 06:38 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
When you wash the car, do you jack up the car, remove the tires and clean the back side of the them?
LOLOLOL youre a sicko sir ^________^.. id buy your used cars though.
Old 08-21-12, 06:44 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

If you only knew how far away I still behind other cars on the highway, another **** part of me. Dont like the flying rocks or debris on my windshield or front bumper.

If you see any paint chips do you try to touch them up or just say screw it?
Old 08-21-12, 06:45 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been wanting to post this thread for some time. I wanted to see just how **** people are with their cars, especially their SC's. I am pretty **** on mine, making sure its stays clean all the time, no bugs, rims are shiny, and the dash vents stay clean. I especially hate any grass or dirt on the black floor mats. My wife tells me all the time that I spend way too much time cleaning, wiping, polishing, and waxing the SC. If she only knew how time I still do it while she is in the shower or while I am at work.. Ever since my swap, I am even more ****, since now I am wanting to show the car at the local meets and so on. Just hearing random people pull up next to me or when I am getting gas and they say, "Man, that 240 is real clean, what year is it?" I just smile and keep from laughing and say thanks, and BTW do you want to see the motor?

So let me begin by asking a series of questions....

Do you watch the weather every hour to see if you need to wipe your car down at your lunch break?

Do you wash the car while on vacation?

Do you wash the car when you return home, even before you start unloading, cause you have a rep of always having a clean car?

If you smell something funny when you turn the AC on or vent, do you pull over and raise the hood, or continue to keep driving?

Do you change the oil or do the scheduled maintence or just let it go until something breaks?

Do you keep several microfibers in the glove box or center console, in case a bug hits the windshield?

Do you carry antifreeze and a quart of extra oil with you in the trunk?

Do you wake up in the morning and the first thing you think about is boost?

If you hear unfamiliar sound anywhere coming from the car, do you investigate that day or let it be to see if it corrects itself?

How many times do you check this thread section during the day?

These are just a few things that I try and do and keep with me, so lets see how many other SC owners are just as **** as me. Post up how you are, and try to be honest about it.
I wash and polish mine as well as change the fluids in the garage and it has not left the garage in about 1 year but I could drive it from coast to coast if I wanted to

Pic from the garage...

Last edited by xspsi6; 08-21-12 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-21-12, 06:46 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAOL!! well my SC is always on my mind.. is that considered being ****? lol its always park in my garage even tho its really durtty as crap..but i am still on process on finishing her up then ill get her wash.
Really funny thread tho
Old 08-21-12, 06:49 PM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nathaniel is that you?
Old 08-21-12, 06:54 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ LOL LOL this tihS was serius!! lol
Old 08-21-12, 06:59 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I wanted thread to see just who is possibly the most **** SC addictive owner out there?

I also polish my engine about every two weeks now and hardly ever drive with the windows down. Keeps the dust down inside the car and I also keep the recycled air on, on the climate control. No fresh air in my SC! Does this sound crazy?
Old 08-21-12, 07:12 PM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I wanted thread to see just who is possibly the most **** SC addictive owner out there?

I also polish my engine about every two weeks now and hardly ever drive with the windows down. Keeps the dust down inside the car and I also keep the recycled air on, on the climate control. No fresh air in my SC! Does this sound crazy?
I think you have already answered your own question.
Old 08-21-12, 07:18 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Not crazy at all! I'm always checking the weather to see when the next rain is, or the next nice day is to wash, vacuum, and wax it. I also threw my gf's cat about 20 feet in the air when I saw it on the hood. IT LEFT SCRATCH MARKS!!! Luckily I have it scheduled for body work soon, so that will get taken care of. Maintenance is key, and having a car nice and clean always is a good feeling. I also look at it as I am just trying to keep the cars value.... Keep up the good work!
Old 08-21-12, 07:32 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

How many times do you try and find another project on here under the key words DIY?
Old 08-21-12, 07:39 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

I logged in ten years ago.

Nuff said.
Old 08-21-12, 07:39 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I'd have to answer yes to almost every question you posted. I'm ALWAYS washing and cleaning my SC. There have been times where I've four to five times in a week just to keep it looking good. I also watch the weather by the hour on days where it might rain before I take it out of the garage.

I'll wash the car if I'm about to take it to work, school, or just to run some errands. Over the years I've earned a reputation of having the cleanest SC and LS in town. The SC is so clean that I typically make all of my friends look bad when we go cruising. I keep microfiber towels, shop towels, soap, and tire shine in my trunk too.

I've actually created my own quick detailer that I use specifically on my LS, SC, and my Chrysler 300. It works so good that most people think I washed the car.

As far as strange noises or issues that occur while I'm driving, I typically just bring the car home or to my friend's shop for him check out. I do my best to keep it running alright and I've never had any serious issues.
Old 08-21-12, 07:42 PM
leonsup
Driver

If i drive out of town, even for a weekend, I take a bucket, sponge & towels...
Old 08-21-12, 07:42 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

I drive with my windows down a lot, but I always use the recycled air button on the AC. I've tried the outside air thing and it sucked.

You're definitely not crazy. You remind me of myself when I first got my SC.

Quick Reply: Just how ANAL are you?