SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Tires for My new Lexus SC400

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-12, 07:45 PM
ShimShim
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires for My new Lexus SC400

So my old SC got hit and I used the insurance money payout and the money from selling it to buy a very clean stored every winter 1992 Black SC400. Now since I sold the damaged car with that cars "average" tires on it so that I could keep my rims, I need some new tires.

I was just wondering what type of tires would best suit my needs. I've done quite a bit of research but i'm not very good with tires. The car will ONLY be driven in the summer, and I would like the tires to have a smooth quiet ride as well as good handling. Any suggestions on the tire I should be looking at and where the best place to purchase and have them installed at would be greatly appreciated!

Summary: Good summer tires and a place to have them installed for relatively cheap

Thanks.
Old 08-08-12, 08:16 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ShimShim
So my old SC got hit and I used the insurance money payout and the money from selling it to buy a very clean stored every winter 1992 Black SC400. Now since I sold the damaged car with that cars "average" tires on it so that I could keep my rims, I need some new tires.

I was just wondering what type of tires would best suit my needs. I've done quite a bit of research but i'm not very good with tires. The car will ONLY be driven in the summer, and I would like the tires to have a smooth quiet ride as well as good handling. Any suggestions on the tire I should be looking at and where the best place to purchase and have them installed at would be greatly appreciated!

Summary: Good summer tires and a place to have them installed for relatively cheap

Thanks.
I just got a smokin good deal on a set of BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...2/tire-details

Only $100.00 each and a $60.00 rebate! from American Tire Depot. I couldn't believe how low the guy went. They have a low price guarantee if you show them a better price they beat it. I showed the guy Allen Tire for $110.00 I think each and he dropped it $10.00 each. Great deal.

They got a great review against the competition on Motor Trend here:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/c..._sport_comp_2/

Love the description of the author. Lexus attitude ALL the way:

An Ultra High Performance Tire for People Who Hate Compromises

Big improvement and a very cushy ride. I still need an alignment, but gotta r&r the tie rods first.

Last edited by SC400DAVE; 08-08-12 at 08:22 PM. Reason: UPDATE INFO
Old 08-09-12, 11:28 AM
ShimShim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
I just got a smokin good deal on a set of BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...2/tire-details

Only $100.00 each and a $60.00 rebate! from American Tire Depot. I couldn't believe how low the guy went. They have a low price guarantee if you show them a better price they beat it. I showed the guy Allen Tire for $110.00 I think each and he dropped it $10.00 each. Great deal.

They got a great review against the competition on Motor Trend here:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/c..._sport_comp_2/

Love the description of the author. Lexus attitude ALL the way:

An Ultra High Performance Tire for People Who Hate Compromises

Big improvement and a very cushy ride. I still need an alignment, but gotta r&r the tie rods first.
Do these tires even fit the stock SC400 wheel size?
Old 08-09-12, 11:43 AM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ShimShim
Do these tires even fit the stock SC400 wheel size?
That is what I have, so yes. 225/55R16.

Please follow the links I provided and you will have all the information you need on these particular tires.

Last edited by SC400DAVE; 08-09-12 at 11:45 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 08-09-12, 06:49 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Price varies on size, I normally buy my tires from OnlineTires.com. But they're here in Cerritos, CA so I'm not sure how much your shipping will come out to be. Their tires are pretty cheap and brand new too, for my 17" GS400 rims I got 235/45/17 tires and the total was about $300 for all four picked up.