SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Bored of your SC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-12, 09:32 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
The LS is the only car I'd consider selling my SC for. The LS is really cool and a different experience from the SC though.
lol yea i never drove one but I just know im gonna love it

and il be sure to get the champagne cooler in the back and fill it with bubbly to celebrate my new pruchase lol
Old 07-31-12, 09:49 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
lol yea i never drove one but I just know im gonna love it

and il be sure to get the champagne cooler in the back and fill it with bubbly to celebrate my new pruchase lol
You will definitely love it. I just got an 05 and it's awesome. Unfortunately the cooler in the rear is pretty small.
Old 07-31-12, 10:00 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Not really. I've wanted an SC for years so maybe it was the build up that keeps me so stoked. Although I only got it a month ago. I don't bore easy, I had an Acura Legend coupe for 8 years before this, it was definitely faster but I think the thing I'm excited about the most is that this car actually has a huge potential for power unlike the latter. I can't wait to push 5-600 hp on my daily car.
Old 07-31-12, 10:18 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think I could ever get bored of my SC. There will always be things i want to keep doing to it.
Old 07-31-12, 10:21 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^Same here, I don't always get bored of my sc but when I do, I look what's out there an realize I wouldn't change it for anything else.
Old 07-31-12, 10:48 PM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold my GS to get into something fun. I couldn't see going back to a GS.
Old 07-31-12, 11:15 PM
kalristo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Newchapter
I sold my GS to get into something fun. I couldn't see going back to a GS.
i guess i miss the luxury of the GS & it just seems more modern, the SC is becoming a little out dated.
Old 07-31-12, 11:21 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

I wish I would have bought a na supra instead it would hold its value a lot more then any sc's would as far as resale value. I don't ever get bored of my 5 speed sc because I throw a lot of money into it sometimes it feels like I'm paying not to get bored idk I'm thinking of selling and buying a supra. If I threw all the parts I have on my sc in a supra i would have a nice supra lol. Just know that no Honda or any other car will satisfy you the way the sc does just throws u back in your seat.
Old 07-31-12, 11:49 PM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my SC, and don't get bored of it. there's always more things I want to do, and I mod at just a fast enough pace to never get bored
Old 07-31-12, 11:54 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get bored of it. I hardly drive it, plus i think this is my third or 4th 400. What I do now is pick one thing to do. Like interior, then I do that to completion. Right now its wheels, brakes n suspension. That will be done in a few weeks. When I get bored ill swap my r154 in, then when I get bored of that ill install my single turbo. That should get me through another year.

Then ill sell it n start over...again! Lol
Old 08-01-12, 12:04 AM
arosc3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
I get bored of it. I hardly drive it, plus i think this is my third or 4th 400. What I do now is pick one thing to do. Like interior, then I do that to completion. Right now its wheels, brakes n suspension. That will be done in a few weeks. When I get bored ill swap my r154 in, then when I get bored of that ill install my single turbo. That should get me through another year.

Then ill sell it n start over...again! Lol
is it your hobby to mod/sell? is there a car out there that would satisfy its owners without extensive mods?!!
Old 08-01-12, 12:48 AM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arosc3
is it your hobby to mod/sell? is there a car out there that would satisfy its owners without extensive mods?!!
For me, modifying cars isn't about being unsatisfied with the vehicle. I was satisfied with my SC400 already, to be honest, and pretty much every other car I've owned. Modding is just in my blood, it's about making an already good car, great. It's about being creative, and trying new things.

I've never been one to buy a car that doesn't satisfy me, and mod it until it does. I buy a platform that I already like.
Old 08-01-12, 09:16 AM
V8KLLA
Driver

Originally Posted by N00bie909
I wish I would have bought a na supra instead it would hold its value a lot more then any sc's would as far as resale value. I don't ever get bored of my 5 speed sc because I throw a lot of money into it sometimes it feels like I'm paying not to get bored idk I'm thinking of selling and buying a supra. If I threw all the parts I have on my sc in a supra i would have a nice supra lol. Just know that no Honda or any other car will satisfy you the way the sc does just throws u back in your seat.
Im in the same boat, im planning on doing some mods to the car and fixing a few issues, then selling it to get a MKIV Supra. Even a N/A Supra will make me happy, id have it NA-T in no time. The SC was a car i wanted, I got it. The Supra is my dream car, im still after it.
Old 08-01-12, 09:36 AM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes! Got bored of my dull and slow SC400, so I traded with some dude for my current TTZ. I'm sure boredom will be fixed with a turbo swap though.
Old 08-01-12, 09:43 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

dont think I can get bored, with all the possibilites with this platform

tired of DD'ing with crappy gas mileage. strip, build and race it
Strip, build the engine and trans, and go drift OR
Strip, build the engine and trans, and go grip OR

tired of being speed racer and all go and no show
restore, repaint, slam/bag, kit the car OR
restore, repaint, slam/bag, kit the car, stance/hellaflush OR
restore, repaint, slam/bag, kit the car, stance/hellaflush and go VIP OR

tired of all show and NO go
have the best of both worlds.

No money and still bored? Here's my inspiriation: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...re-thread.html

Quick Reply: Bored of your SC?