SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Memory seats, mirrors and alarm dont work.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-12, 05:32 PM
1startunin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memory seats, mirrors and alarm dont work.

Can some one help me? My seat memory buttons on the door don't work along with the button to move my side mirrors and alarm are not functioning. The seat buttons work on the seat work but the recall buttons on the door don't work what so ever. The toggle button for the outside rear view mirrors dont work either. I do have a leak from who knows where in my drive door but I looked for rust on the parts and none. I also looked at the wiring that comes into the door and no broken wires. I check the fuses and nothing. The factory alarm doesn't work. Does that have anything to do with it? Also, when I drive the car the radio cuts out. The car did have an old school cell phone in it. Any help would help... This is frustrating...

Last edited by 1startunin; 07-14-12 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-12-12, 07:15 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Check the inside the cigarette lighter. a penny or something may short something out.
just a thought...
Old 07-14-12, 10:34 AM
1startunin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SC400slide
Check the inside the cigarette lighter. a penny or something may short something out.
just a thought...
There is nothing in the cigarette lighter.
Old 07-14-12, 12:50 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

search mirror ecu... its a fairly common problem, but a pain to replace.
Old 07-14-12, 09:29 PM
1startunin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jgdynamics
search mirror ecu... its a fairly common problem, but a pain to replace.
Would this fix the memory seat recall issue? Does the ecu control the memory functions on the door?

Last edited by 1startunin; 07-14-12 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-15-12, 10:10 AM
1startunin
Driver School Candidate

Does the mirror ecu control the alarm too?
Old 07-15-12, 10:49 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

there are seperate ecus for the mirror, alarm, and seats. I would look at the wiring harness that runs between the body and the drivers side door near the door hinge, sometimes when the rubber boot breaks/deteriorates the wires rub and become damaged
Old 07-15-12, 12:05 PM
1startunin
Driver School Candidate

I already check that out and its okay. Where is the ecu for the alarm? The memory function on the door is just for mirrors or it move the seat too? The control on the powers seats power.
Old 07-15-12, 01:46 PM
dlsoul87
Driver

Do the mirror ecu. It's a pain but it will fix the mirror memory and motion problem. The mirror ecu is way up on the steering column if i remember correctly. The seat memory has a specific way of operating. I can't really recall what, but for example, will only let memory operate with car off and/or door closed. I'm not saying that's how it exactly works, but I remember something like that. In other words, make sure you know how to use the memory functions properly before assuming they are bad. Don't know much about the alarm, I went aftermarket.

also check like other said, wires and connections also.
Old 07-15-12, 02:49 PM
93MSB
Instructor

the theft deterrent ecu is a black box with orange plugs under the dash on the left side of the steering column. the mirror ecu is under there as well I can't remember exactly where though. the seat memory ecu is attached to the drivers seat under the the seat
Old 07-15-12, 11:56 PM
1startunin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dlsoul87
Do the mirror ecu. It's a pain but it will fix the mirror memory and motion problem. The mirror ecu is way up on the steering column if i remember correctly. The seat memory has a specific way of operating. I can't really recall what, but for example, will only let memory operate with car off and/or door closed. I'm not saying that's how it exactly works, but I remember something like that. In other words, make sure you know how to use the memory functions properly before assuming they are bad. Don't know much about the alarm, I went aftermarket.

also check like other said, wires and connections also.
Thank you but as to my earlier post I have gone through the electrical system checking for breaks and cracking. Here is the way you properly use your memory functions. Thank you again.

DRIVING POSITION MEMORY SYSTEM

The micro computer can memorize the position of the driver’s seat, the positions of the tilt and telescopic steering, and outside rear view mirrors. Two different driving position profiles can be entered into the computer’s memory.
Recording a driving position in the computer’s memory can only be done when the ignition key is in the “ON” position and the shift lever is in the “P” position.

1. Adjust the driver’s seat, tilt and telescopic steering and outside rear view mirrors to the desired position.
2. While pushing the “SET” button, push button “1” or “2” until the signal beeps.
The beep sound means that the positions are recorded in the computer’s memory.
By repeating these two steps and pressing the remaining button, the driving position for another driver can be recorded.
To set a new memorized position, select the desired position and perform step 2. The previous memory will be erased and the new position will be set.
To make only slight changes to an already memorized position, the easiest way is to first activate the memorized position, then make the desired changes and perform step 2 above.

Activating a memorized position

When you push button “1” or “2”, the driving position will be automatically adjusted to the position recorded for that button.
Conditions for memorized position activation

Ignition key “ON” and shift lever in “P” position
All parts of the memorized positions can be activated. However, if the brake pedal is being depressed, the seat position will not change.

Key not in ignition switch and within 30 seconds of opening driver’s door.
The memorized position can be activated, except for the tilt and telescopic steering. This will be activated when the key is inserted into the ignition switch.
If any driving position memory switch is pushed while one of the memorized driving position profiles is being activated, the operation will stop.
To activate the system, push the desired button (“1” or “2”) again.
The driving position memory control system cannot be operated while the vehicle is moving.
If the vehicle’s battery is disconnected, the computer’s memory will be erased and the memorized positions will have to be set again.

Originally Posted by 93MSB
the theft deterrent ecu is a black box with orange plugs under the dash on the left side of the steering column. the mirror ecu is under there as well I can't remember exactly where though. the seat memory ecu is attached to the drivers seat under the the seat
How do I check if these units are bad? If I replace the theft deterrent then what? Do I have to reprogram the remote to unlock the doors?

Last edited by 1startunin; 07-16-12 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-16-12, 02:04 AM
1startunin
Driver School Candidate

bump........
Old 07-16-12, 06:35 AM
dlsoul87
Driver

Originally Posted by 1startunin
Thank you but as to my earlier post I have gone through the electrical system checking for breaks and cracking. Here is the way you properly use your memory functions. Thank you again.
Perfect, cause I forgot how to use mine. lol GL!
Old 07-17-12, 12:40 AM
1startunin
Driver School Candidate

So I fixed the memory seat. So some how under the driver seat a couple wires were rip out of the plug. No a little help with the remote not working? Can Some one tell me how to fix this. I also have not gottent to the mirror ecu. That's still on the list.
Old 07-17-12, 08:40 AM
93MSB
Instructor

so does your alarm not work? or is it the door lock/unlock button on the key that doesnt work?

Quick Reply: Memory seats, mirrors and alarm dont work.