SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

dreams will come true one day.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-12, 11:30 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dreams will come true one day.

I've been so hooked on club Lexus for a while now. I've been hooked on sc300's for so long. I've been reading and searching and im just so desperate. I don't have a sc yet. :'( I'm sorry for ranting but im just jealous. I want one so bad. I mean I know everybody has dreams and all but I just want the cleanest 95 sc300. Ahhhh. I'm working my add off every day over 8 hours a day just to save up for it but it sucks that i still haven't made a dent in my credit card payment even though i dont use it. Interest charges more than the minimum payment. On top of that, all the hours I work isn't even enough to pay for anything. :/ I need a better job so i can marry a 95 sc300 once and for all. Aha.
Old 07-07-12, 08:05 AM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The longer you wait the sweeter it will be when you do get one.
Old 07-07-12, 08:31 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 440 Likes on 363 Posts

It takes time man. Someday soon you will have your SC and that's when the fun really begins. Just keep on working hard!
Old 07-07-12, 09:35 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey I know how you feel bro, Ive been into the SC for quite awhile and was just never in the financial place to go buy another car. I lucked out and found a 92 SC3 for 2800, then he dropped the price to 2000 because he was trying to get rid of it I guess? I instantly sold my Acura for 2200 and drove down and bought this one. I got super lucky because it came with wheels, full exhaust, koyo radiator and a truck load of parts to replace the bad things like fenders, hood, sunroof, antenna cupholder etc etc.. Now everything works! Theres some needed TLC here and there but nothing I cant do myself over the weekend. Just look for good deals and jump on it when you can. You'll get there!! And you wont regret it, I love this car!
Old 07-07-12, 10:02 AM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

***In the voice of Eddie Murphy - Delirious***

Youuu dooont haaave an Essss Seee

You can't affoooooord it ... xD

LOL!

J/K
That was for the old timers on here haha.

I was in the same boat dude, believe me.
I've loved the SC300 since the time I'd just gotten my license and began even thinkin' about cars (Im 29 now).
Sooner or later, I had an '03 Mitsu. Lancer, with all kinds of goodies. "Good stuff" too, Sparco, HKS, RAYS etc.
Then one day, while it was still awesome, I really got tired of having a 4 cylinder; so I parted out the entire car; I mean EVERYTHING, Wheels, Windows, Engine, Exhaust, Body, Lights, Interior ... It was a skeleton when I was done.

Then, with that (I made $3500), I bought my first SC300.
It was a '92 in Royal Jade Pearl (Green basically). I was in love.

Then I was broke again, and had to sell it; yet I loved it so much I promised myself I'd get another one.
Two years later (just last week, in fact), I bought a Black '97 w/ Tan interior, Big Break Kit, and full Exhaust;
its the sexiest thing ever.

You'll get there; stick with us
When you finally have one, you'll already have a good idea about what to do with it.
Hit up Craigslist, thats how I got mine (both of 'em), there're some good deals if you look hard enough.
I was willing to drive outta state to get mine also, so if you don't mind a drive, check the ad's outside your area too.
I know it sucks when you're young; it seems like you make such little money, it ain't even worth saving, but save it anyway; you'll have a couple grand in no time

...And incase you're too young for my joke, this is what I meant

Eddie Murphy - Delirious (1983)
http://youtu.be/2JfMCBh1sJQ

Last edited by SEIDO; 07-07-12 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-07-12, 11:53 AM
rogers2014
Rookie

^ Wow thats amazing Cityknight! but wait, you parted out your lancer and got only 3000? i'm sure you would of been able to get more out of it, but in regards to grumpi city and everyone on here is right! Just wait, and when you have the money and least expect it you will get your sc!

Let me tell you a little story, for the past 2 years i've been begging my parents to lend me the money to buy a car, within the last few months (I'm 20 btw) it got ugly, till the point of me moving out cause i wasn;t able to pay for my school and do everything they asked. I eventually 3 months ago accepted the fact i won't get a car, till my dad took this route home from work, we travelled the opposite side of where we lived to come home, saw a gold sc400 and the guy under the hood was swapping out the intake, saw the for sale sign but didn't see how much. my dad said, "wanna take a look?" yes i said we pulled a u-ey and came and started to talk to the owner long story short he said the price was on the back windshield....$2800 my heart sank cudn't afford it, then he said new price is $1000 obo...i was flabbergasted, he gave us his number and we were supposed to meet with him that night, we didn't. Next night we were supposed to meet him, we couldn't cuz of a bad rain storm which is like 1 in a billion down here in toronto ontario, then the next day we planned it but my dad said no he has to go to work. I forced my dad to go just sighting lets see and test drive it, went there at the guys workplace my dad test drove the car with me riding shotgun, and wow...it was unbelievable, less than 3 mins we came back with the car and he than said...$1500 and were like wth...you said $1000 obo, he said yeah then we offered $800. he accepted a week later (may 9th to be exact, he brought my baby) i'v been slowly doing maintainence didn't even get her on the road as yet, so trust me even if you get the car and think about insurance don't let it discourage you get the car first, and start going from their slowly.

Conclusion: good things comes to those who wait, i'm a christian and it wasn't anyone else but god who led this car to me, btw it's a 1993, and even though she has 297k km, and a trac problem, and minor problems (window regulator, antenna etc) she doesn't leak nor burn a drop of oil. NO LEAKS anywhere and no CEL i got lucky with her and she's mine!

Don't worry man, trust me when i tell you good things comes to those who wait, and they def come unexpectedly.
Old 07-07-12, 12:38 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Worst thing you can do is rush into a purchase, I honestly never thought I'd end up w/ an sc. 97 5spd for that matter but you never know what might come your way if your patient enough

Little background of my situation,

Once I sold my Saab 93 little over 2 years ago, I was looking for a 97-98 S14 kouki 5spd and so i found one in OC Cali. I was negotiating w/ the seller as far as shipping an what not till we came to a close agreement. Before I pulled the trigger though, I went on craigslist and stumbled upon a clean sc300. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 5spd inside lol so i zoomed in the picture and surely enough it was. I never knew sc300's came in stick so I was sure it was a rare find. It happened to be local as well in Bellevue so I came by the dealership and before I knew it, I fell in love w/ her...Problem was it was well over my budget, so I tried to find as much little things wrong w/ the car but I couldn't other than a little tear on the drivers side seat. So i used what i could an complained about it till the sales man was fed up and told me if I wanted to negotiate so hard then for me to get in contact w/ the owner of the car since the car was originally being sold by a dealership for this one old lady so I asked for the contact info of course and although it was difficult speaking w/ a 60 year old real estate lady about price or anything else for that matter since she was stuck up and rude, we kept on throwing prices at each other for almost 2 weeks until one day she agreed to lower the price a couple grand. It was still 2k more than the 240sx but I figured better drive a Lexus that's more unique so I forked out the cash and bought it. I had to borrow 5k from a relative but paid back every penny the following Summer. Was the best purchase I've made, had to be spontaneous, patient and determined but it all played out in my favor in the end.

Btw had the little tear in the drivers seat repaired for free lol persistence helps

Keep your head up and you'll find yours one day too

Last edited by 2BENVD; 07-07-12 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-07-12, 02:28 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't worry man, I want a Bentley and I don't think I'll ever be able to afford one.
Old 07-07-12, 08:19 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Don't worry man, I want a Bentley and I don't think I'll ever be able to afford one.
^ LOL!

Originally Posted by rogers2014
^ Wow thats amazing Cityknight! but wait, you parted out your lancer and got only 3000? i'm sure you would of been able to get more out of it...
It was $3500 to be exact; still though you're right, I coulda gotten more; but the thing is, when you're selling Lancer stuff on the forums like EvolutionM.net and what-not, the customers are often young guys, just as broke as I was.
The EVO owners however, they aren't buying "Lancer" parts
I was in need of money; so sometimes I had to be a bit flexible on my prices, rather than lose the sale altogether.
I thought I did good though, turning a Lancer to a Lexus...
I was like

#tunerlife...
Old 07-08-12, 01:48 AM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

a lot of people will tell you not to get an sc because its a money pit. dude im working 73 hours every two weeks at 8 dollars an hour at a fast food joint. i got a 95 sc for 1400. Needed/needs a lot of work but you know what man. everytime i set foot in my sc i am in love. i love my SC with a passion dude lol. when you get an SC youll know what im talking about but dont look for the CLEANEST 95 because that means youll be buying one for like 6k. get one that needs work for cheaper and fix it little by little so you work your butt off to get it to good condition and it COSTS you to have it looking good. GOOD LUCK MAN!
Old 07-08-12, 07:36 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy2JZ
a lot of people will tell you not to get an sc because its a money pit. dude im working 73 hours every two weeks at 8 dollars an hour at a fast food joint. i got a 95 sc for 1400. Needed/needs a lot of work but you know what man. everytime i set foot in my sc i am in love. i love my SC with a passion dude lol. when you get an SC youll know what im talking about but dont look for the CLEANEST 95 because that means youll be buying one for like 6k. get one that needs work for cheaper and fix it little by little so you work your butt off to get it to good condition and it COSTS you to have it looking good. GOOD LUCK MAN!
I agreee with ya here, I got super lucky with mine being in great shape, everything works, but I'm a firm believer of a guy knowing every inch of his car and what better way than to go through and fix/replace things.. That'll only build more confidence in your car knowing you did that, not some shade tree mechanic.
Old 07-08-12, 10:04 AM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

They are right...the cars are old and thus things will go out. That said even after all the problems I love my never ending project. I too plan to have owned all my dream cars, most of which are old, so my best advice is wait and find a nice clean one rather than a cheap one that will cost you 3x as much in the long run
Old 07-08-12, 11:47 AM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NV isnt to far from NJ, come make an offer on my sc300 everything is for sale if the price is right lol
Old 07-08-12, 12:40 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

I appreciate all the words of advise from everybody. thank you. I know patienceis a virtue but who wants to wait to fall in love everytime you walk out the door? I mean just the thrill of even owning one sounds amazing. Knowing that you have something you love so much that you know needs work that you can fix... I honestly want a shell just to fix it and say i did it. I accomplished something, (not sayong ive never accomplished anything just not a dream. Ha.)
Anybody want to give me a free sc? preferably 95 sc300? Aha. Jk.
I know ill get a sc one day its just gonna take years and years to get and even longer to finish. I'm having a baby, I'm going to go to school in the fall, and I have a crappy paying job at autozone. Autozone barely pays enough for my bills and to put 100$ on my babys savings account now. Imagine whe. the babys here. aha. Im ****ed. So I'm working my add off so I can give food and clothes and toys for my baby to be and still try and get a promotion but I know autozone will never be enough. It's basically my dead end. Thus where school comes in. Mechanics is my goal career but even that takes time to find the right job even with all the ase certifications. Plus to even get the certifications you need atleast two years of that certification for training. So I can pass the test then its like I'm basically ****ed. Atleast that's how i see it.
Old 07-08-12, 12:52 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hang in there man, it will come. Time will tell.

Quick Reply: dreams will come true one day.