sc4 new DD

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-12, 07:52 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Default sc4 new DD

Hey guys,
its been a while but I found new love for the SC again and picked up another. This time its a 93 sc400 that I'm going to be using as a daily driver while my sc3 waits in the garage for funds to be gathered for a 2jz-gte/ v160 swap in about a year or so when I graduate and get a real job.
Picked this one up from another member (s2kguy). Its in alright shape, it needs a good bit of body work to fix a large amount of rather small dents all over the car. Mechanically it is sound as far as I know so far. It needs needles for the cluster but I'll probably just swap the cluster with one of the 4 extra I happen to have laying around. Also needs interior door handles which I'll either pull off my sc3 or I might just get a new pair so I'm not cannibalizing my 1st love.
I pulled the BC coilovers and wheels off the sc3 to go on this one for the time being and I'll probably be selling the rims that came with the sc4 (off brand chrome with horrible offsets).
I'm pleased with the brakes on the sc4, they seem to be better than the stock sc3 brakes from what I remember though its been a while. I have ls4 fronts and TT rears on the other car but for now the stockers will be staying on.
The sc4 came with a nice aftermarket Royal woodgrain/chrome steering wheel which I like alot and will most likely be picking up another for the sc3. Also came with an aftermarket Pioneer cd player which is nice so I dont have to deal with the huge headache that is the Lexus audio system.
This one also came with some kind of aftermarket front lip which Ive found looks rather good compared to the stock pre-97 black lip.
I will most likely use this car to teach myself the art of body work and then have it sprayed black at mako for cheap just to clean up the look.

Anyways, here it is. Let me know what you think.

and my sc3 just for reference:
Old 07-02-12, 08:11 PM
silverAg
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good pick up! Your sc3 is sweet!!! Love the color!