Parrot streaming Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-12, 07:14 PM
sluggo42
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parrot streaming Bluetooth?

Greetings All,

Newbie Sluggo here. I just spent the day at Fry's getting a new head unit installed into my 2000 SC400, but they couldn't geet the sub-woofer to power up, so I had them remove it and go back to stock NAK head. (works great - but no phone or iPhone music). Big disappointment. I have searched and searched in here for NAK info, but I couldn't really get any good Nak info...

So, now I see these Parrot MKi units that claim to do everything I need. Does anyone have any idea if they are the answer to getting my iPhone to work with the Nak system? I have to admit the Nak system is awesome...

Frustrated...

thanks
Old 05-26-12, 08:51 AM
bryan767
Lexus Test Driver

this is why your sub isnt working, its not your radio.. its the factory amp.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...b-working.html
Old 05-26-12, 01:31 PM
sluggo42
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bryan767
this is why your sub isnt working, its not your radio.. its the factory amp.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...b-working.html
Thanks for the link mate, altho I have the Nakamichi, so this thread doesn't work. I did a ton of searching and found the only solution was to install a separate one speaker Parrot Bluetooth, which by the way is rediculously solid., And I had a FM modulator hard wired in with a switch to activate an aux line. I removed my ashtray and have the wire come in there. I can now play my iPhone through the NAK system, and it sounds FANTASTIC. The phone is set up to quit playing music and auto answer the phone calls, so it is completely hands free and solves all of my problems. The NAK my be tough to fiddle with, but the sound quality is stunning to say the least.

As far as upgrading the head-unit to the NAK, you might as well just pull out everything and get new amps with your new head, and spend $800 and up. My additions ran me $500 so it's not cheap either, but it solves my needs, so I am happy with the results. It's all about what you are personally happy with, so that's my take on the NAK system.
Old 05-27-12, 07:27 PM
MrBrock
Driver

I just pulled my radio and am sending it in on Tuesday to have this done
http://factoryradioservice.com/lexus...nput-p-52.html
Old 05-27-12, 08:09 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parrot's too expensive and never seems to do what's promised, IMO.

I tried the Belkin Auto Connect, with awesome results. Bottom line, Amazon for ~53.00 and a ground loop isolator for ~11.00. Have to finish hiding the wires, but the folks I've called so far seem to be impressed.

I'd post the link to the thread but the Patron's talking now. I'll update it in a few days.
Old 05-27-12, 08:14 PM
2jzsc4
Driver School Candidate

I personally sell all of the parrot pieces, They have seemed to work great. The streaming bluetooth audio is also very good, and you have the quality parrot bluetooth calling.
Old 05-27-12, 08:28 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2JZ, I appreciate your input. Maybe I had a bad unit from the factory, but it left a really bad taste in my mouth- and it was just a BT speakerphone!

It was the one that had the little screen and the **** with the two buttons- neat idea, but poor implementation. I sold the thing first chance I got.

Not to pick on Parrot, but I've been trying to find a BT solution for years, and not just for the SC. Since the factory BT option is generally outrageous, and the aftermarket option is sketchy, it's been difficult. I figure I've spent almost enough to buy the factory option for an Audi over the last five years- and that's just for the calling solution.

But so far, this Belkin works. I'd be interested in seeing if anyone with the Parrot solution would be willing to compare it against the Belkin- not to say I told you so, but to genuinely help the forum. Our cars are getting long in the tooth, and this is a way to keep them young...

Plus, I shudder to think what a real BT A2DP option for our cars would run. Most of those head units offer a BT solution, but how many natively offer a microphone and ability to stream music wirelessly?
Old 05-27-12, 10:29 PM
2jzsc4
Driver School Candidate

There are many many options even at low prices, the Pioneer 6400bt is a great headunit. Since you had problems of peoples lack of wiring knowledge I fully understand. I will say that we have had one parrot unit that was bad out of the box, the streaming was horrid and the calls were hollow sounding.

If you need any other ideas let me know I have been doing car audio for a very long time. After so long it becomes second nature to know too much.