SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I'm just going to leave this here...(new wheel content)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-12, 06:50 PM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I'm just going to leave this here...(new wheel content)

Added some newer daytime shots on page 2 and coilovers installed on page 3!!!
My new shoes arrived today! Stance SC-5 in matte silver with chrome lips. I know, they're essentially replicas of the Vossen CV3, but the spokes, step lip, and chrome lip differentiate them from the Vossens. That, plus the CV3s aren't offered in 19"s... so, specs on these are 19x8.5"/9.5" 35mm/38mm offsets F/R. Mounted on Achilles ATR tires, 225/35/19 and 245/35/19 (I wanted 235s for the front, but would've had to wait like 3 more weeks.... ). I didn't take many pics of the wheels pre-mounting, the UPS guy followed me up my driveway after class today and I ran them down to the shop to have 'em mounted, I was too excited. It got dark out, so I'll add daylight pics tomorrow! Also, they were missing a centercap when they arrived, already remedied and have one coming in a few days. Also, I'm ordering BC coilovers this week, hoping to have my stance dialed in for the ATL Hennessey Lexus meet the end of this month!
These shots are not great by any means (didn't realize I had the camera on manual focus until it was a little late and it was getting dark, so yeah...) but comments and criticisms welcome

Last edited by BSanders22; 04-18-12 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-10-12, 07:21 PM
Graymatter
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice wheels!
Old 04-10-12, 07:26 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks good will look nicer with drop do they offer wider options they will probably tuck in once you drop.
Old 04-10-12, 07:32 PM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LXCLSVE
Nice wheels!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by cherplex
Looks good will look nicer with drop do they offer wider options they will probably tuck in once you drop.
They only offer those widths in the 19". 20"s come in 8.5"/10"/10.5" and I debated 9.5" all around, but they would be pretty close to the front fender, and I don't feel like ruining the fenders, plus I like being able to have a good turning radius, so I opted for the smaller fronts. If they tuck, I'll add a spacer, no big deal. I'm not looking to be "stanced" or for internet fame on all of the stance blogs. Just want some clean wheels and a clean car that I can drive and enjoy, haha
Old 04-10-12, 07:38 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one CLEANNNN SC, those stance wheels are starting to grow on me, one question though, why so many weights on the rear right wheel?
Old 04-10-12, 07:41 PM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
That's one CLEANNNN SC, those stance wheels are starting to grow on me, one question though, why so many weights on the rear right wheel?
Thanks, and I'm honestly not sure, they were on it when i opened the box... same one was missing a centercap, but they're kind of an eye sore, much like the rusty looking discs, lol. I've got some work to do

Last edited by BSanders22; 04-10-12 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-10-12, 07:51 PM
SexCoupe
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

damn it Bobby!!!!!! i love it

Last edited by SexCoupe; 04-10-12 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-10-12, 07:51 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by BSanders22
Thanks!

They only offer those widths in the 19". 20"s come in 8.5"/10"/10.5" and I debated 9.5" all around, but they would be pretty close to the front fender, and I don't feel like ruining the fenders, plus I like being able to have a good turning radius, so I opted for the smaller fronts. If they tuck, I'll add a spacer, no big deal. I'm not looking to be "stanced" or for internet fame on all of the stance blogs. Just want some clean wheels and a clean car that I can drive and enjoy, haha
I understand. Believe me when I say I'm not into the stanced movement and internet fame either lol. My wheel setup is the opposite of the stance trend I go for max width high offsets and maximum meat lol. I'm running 10's up front and 12's out back with 255's and 315's.
Old 04-10-12, 08:00 PM
Cleet
Rookie

So clean! Love the red! Gonna look so good once you get it sitting right. Great car man, keep up the good work! In for more pics!

Btw, what are you rocking for your low beams and city lights? Look like clean white light. My city lights have more bluish hue than I would like and I'm looking for something more pure white if you have a recommendation.
Old 04-10-12, 08:12 PM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Those wheels look hot.

Do all the wheels have the same amount of weights on them? They wouldn't bother me but I wonder if the fact that a center cap was missing from that one in particular means that ther eis something wrong with it. It may not be balancing out very well and could be someone's returned item. Just sayin'. Wheels look really good though!
Old 04-10-12, 08:21 PM
ecstaticSC
Racer

You should've went with wider tires. Wheels are going to be sunk with those offsets when lowered.
Old 04-10-12, 08:58 PM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SexCoupe
damn it Bobby!!!!!! i love it
LOL, that made my day, haha. Thanks!
Originally Posted by cherplex
I understand. Believe me when I say I'm not into the stanced movement and internet fame either lol. My wheel setup is the opposite of the stance trend I go for max width high offsets and maximum meat lol. I'm running 10's up front and 12's out back with 255's and 315's.
Beefy, I can dig it! I'm not that brave, yet, haha!
Originally Posted by Cleet
So clean! Love the red! Gonna look so good once you get it sitting right. Great car man, keep up the good work! In for more pics!

Btw, what are you rocking for your low beams and city lights? Look like clean white light. My city lights have more bluish hue than I would like and I'm looking for something more pure white if you have a recommendation.
Thanks man! And they're 6000K 35 watt HIDs. They have a bit of a blue tint in person, the picture makes them look whiter. If you want white, look into 4500K, that's like a factory pure white light I can't wait until it's lowered! Hopefully by next week-ish!
Originally Posted by Mike552
Those wheels look hot.

Do all the wheels have the same amount of weights on them? They wouldn't bother me but I wonder if the fact that a center cap was missing from that one in particular means that ther eis something wrong with it. It may not be balancing out very well and could be someone's returned item. Just sayin'. Wheels look really good though!
Thanks! and no, that one was the only one with a bunch. The rest only have one or two. The shop that mounted them said they all balanced fine and it rode fine today, so I'm not sure. I don't like them either, but I guess I'll learn to live with it unless they become an issue. Its funny how much they stood out in those pictures, haha.

Originally Posted by ecstaticSC
You should've went with wider tires. Wheels are going to be sunk with those offsets when lowered.
Not looking for hellaflush stance, just a decent flush fitment and about a 2" drop. I might throw a small spacer on the rears depending on how they look once the car is dropped. I wanted wider front tires, but didn't want to wait that long or pay more for shipping twice, so I settled for the 225s. they look better in person, and should look even better when its lower
Old 04-10-12, 09:16 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

they are actually some pretty nice wheel's.

do you you mind if i ask how much they sell for?
Old 04-10-12, 11:35 PM
sc4hunnit
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good man! Very clean!
Old 04-10-12, 11:38 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

So fresh so clean clean

Quick Reply: I'm just going to leave this here...(new wheel content)