SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

LED cluster conversion!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-12, 11:01 PM
goldsoarer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED cluster conversion!!!

Alright guys I have recently installed the LexTech LED converted cluster.

To those who shared the unfortunate experience of your cluster lights going out, or becoming dim. As well as those whose speedometer/tachometer/gas/temp needles have gone out you are certain to spend every evening worrying if youre speeding, low on gas, or running hot. Any owner of the SC300/SC400 who truly cares for their magnificent piece of machinery will drive themselves mad everytime they see a cop, worry about gas, or drive enthusiastically at night due to the lack of readily available information on their dash.

The answer is simple: Contact Lextech and let them know what color clusters and needles you want. The process I was fortunate enough to witness/participate in is concise, well developed, and beautifully executed!

The look of my newly rebuilt dash is so gorgeous i can barely describe it with words. The faces of my dials are bright enough to light up a spot on the surface of the moon! The needles stand out like a solar eclipse against a cloudless sky! The light is uniform and evenly distributed with no brighter spots standing out like ugly pimples. All the controls work as designed, and the dimmer **** allows me to even go into stealth mode and completely black out my dash.

If I had to use only one word to describe this upgrade; it would be PERFECT. I cannot recommend having LexTech do this for you enough. They are professional, friendly, and more knowledgeable about the SC's than anyone I have come across, and trust me I have picked their brain!

I will soon follow up with some pictures of the final product, but trust me; as beautiful as it may look in the picture it does NO JUSTICE to the actual final results. The night after reinstalling the rebuilt unit I drove for almost an hour just soaking up the pure awesomeness of this upgrade. There is not one SC out there that should be without this!

Last edited by goldsoarer; 03-31-12 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-31-12, 11:27 PM
goldsoarer
Driver School Candidate

Default Picture of it finished

Here you go, the beautiful final product!
Attached Thumbnails LED cluster conversion!!!-img_20120330_213935.jpg  
Old 03-31-12, 11:34 PM
ShiftyD2k
Lead Lap

cleann!! i used have my cluster with 32 led.

Lextech is FTW

damn 200k mile over! lol
Old 04-01-12, 12:20 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Like! Exactly how I wanted the color combo to be! But, weird, that yours look spotty with some slight dark spots... Must be the camera you used... But anyways, why didn't you get the mileage and time done??

Last edited by OG Dada; 04-01-12 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-01-12, 12:34 AM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Like all of us...someones almost outta gas LOL!
Old 04-01-12, 07:08 AM
DONT SLEEP
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your temp needle looks slightly high.
Old 04-01-12, 08:04 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

same combo i got except i just went with regular leds from ebay for the face, makes the face more dull and thats what i was going for.

agree lextech ftw!
Old 04-01-12, 08:46 AM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice, what was the turnaround time?
Old 04-01-12, 10:16 AM
g4ebguy90
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustChill
Like all of us...someones almost outta gas LOL!
I think the most that gauge on mine has been up to is quarter tank.
Old 04-01-12, 11:18 AM
dtLS400
Driver

Very nice, how much did it set you back?
Old 04-01-12, 11:19 PM
goldsoarer
Driver School Candidate

Default yup, super clean

Thanks guys! Yeah it was ridiculously clean. And youre also correct about any dark spots...there are none, lol. I have to crank it down at night because it ruins my night vision! And i find myself staring at it like a moth to a flame! Must've been the phone camera, it has a shattered back lens :P

When it comes to getting the mileage done.....what do you mean? And the speedo....isnt it 'done'?

The next project is doing the climate controls, radio, and shifter lights! I caaaaan't wait!!

When it comes to the price of the unit you should contact LexTech. It depends on what color scheme you want. They took the time to explain the expected life spans of each color, and the risks associated with each setup. I strongly recommend the blue needles and white clusters. Just because it looks so darned gorgeous. Plus it has the longest life span and smallest risk. I would estimate this upgrade will run the average buyer around $300, maybe a little bit more. And when it comes to the difficulty of removing and reinstalling the cluster I would give it a 2 out of 10. We're talking seriously easy, with the hardest part being unplugging the wires from the back! Lol. Lextech can give you EXACT instructions for what you need to do (including turning off the auto-telescoping steering wheel). My turn around time....was about 4 hours. Thats not what everyone should expect though. The business is located right down the road from me. If i could rate the quality of work, the level of knowledge and customer service, and the professionalism of the company it would be 11 out of 10. These guys are pure awesome. If you find yourself wondering "will it be worth it?" Trust me - IT IS.
Old 04-01-12, 11:44 PM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats dude, way to go, clean as hell. Is it just me or the stupid face makes it less bright? When the face is on its like dimmed lol

PS now i have to change my color combo
Old 04-01-12, 11:51 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by goldsoarer
When it comes to getting the mileage done.....what do you mean? And the speedo....isnt it 'done'?
Here ya go;
http://lextech.org/osCommerce/produc...a914e0f7a41fad
Old 04-02-12, 12:05 AM
try2fndmrk
Pole Position

Sweetttt!!
Old 04-02-12, 12:11 AM
808Sc5spd
Rookie

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
why do they not offer it in red and only blue??

Quick Reply: LED cluster conversion!!!