SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Hey, newb with ALARM and LOCK issues!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-12, 07:36 PM
TurboPanda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, newb with ALARM and LOCK issues!

Help a guy out...?
Hey guys, after years of toyotas (celicas and supras mostly) I got my first lexus (sc300) a month ago.

Since I bought the car the alarm had never gone off before. It should also be noted that my key will insert but will not turn in the passenger door lock. In fact my passenger side door has no power whatsoever (none to windows, auto locks, mirror, nothing - I wonder if thats why the key doesnt work...). Well, last night my friend opened the driver's side door from outside while I was in the drivers seat, and the alarm went off.

Naturally the first thing I did was stick my key in the ignition, and the lights and horn stopped! Then I tried to start the car and nothing. The TDS had killed power to the starter.
So I did the next obvious thing and tried to lock and unlock the doors from outside the driver's door. When that didnt work, I looked for the remote alarm switch and turned it on and off. After that i tried disconnecting the battery, pulling the #10 fuse (for TDS), and used my key to open everything possible. Nothing worked. I also noticed that my trunk latch button didnt work anymore. Now Im sure (if anyone replies) that someone will ask which key I have, and Im honestly not sure. It doesnt have any buttons, but i have determined that it is a master key because:
  1. It works in the ignition to start the car
  2. It can unlock and lock the driver's side door
  3. It can unlock and lock the glove box
  4. It can unlock and lock the trunk

I dont have any key fob for the alarm either, so i have no way of remotely deactivating it.

Im hoping that someone on here will either be able to help me deactivate the alarm, or find a way to reset my passenger keylock to accept my key so that i may try unlocking it from there.

So in summary: Alarm is active and killing power to starter, so car wont start. Trunk release and power lock buttons dont work. Key doesnt work in passenger door, but does everywhere else.

Possible Solutions:
1. Sequence of Left/Right key turns in the passenger door lock
Sub-Problem:
A. Key doesnt work in passenger door lock
Possible Sub-Sub-Problem:
No power to passenger side door
2. Pay $140+tax for a lexus lookover, then an additional $200-400 for repairs (passenger door lock fix or new key/keyfob)
Sub-Problem:
A. Im poor or I should say CHEAP!
B. I would have to tow the car there, see above statement.
C. When I talked to the people at lexus they seemed clueless and unintelligent
I have seen MANY threads with very similar or sometimes even the EXACT same problem as me, but none of them ever seem to have been solved (or at least no one has posted how they solved them). So after 2 days of trying and research I am humbly asking for assistance!
Please HELP?
Old 08-23-12, 07:19 PM
ksrnumber1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe there are 2 keys for that car. One that is a master, and unlocks everything. And one that is sort of a valet key, that has limited access. That's how my sc300 is.