SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?

Old 07-17-14, 10:45 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
the vents are fine, the edge of the hood is hella off and not crisp. the mold needs to be 10000000% flawless.. i wanna see the carbon weave on the carbon hood and the edges cleaned up. car industry is harsh, im not being rude, i genuinely want this hood in carbon but if you cant pull it off, word gets around fast then no one is gonna buy anything from you. i seen people make carbon hoods and molds at their house within a month tops and it looks flawless.. i would think a company could do the same in less time more efficiently.. if i paid money and that hood showed up at my house id be furious. bring up the quality and im sure people wouldnt mind an extra 100-150 bucks for a flawless item..
dead on.
this isn't Honda forums. we actually like our cars to look good and not riced out.
sure, the price is tempting, but with all the extra work that goes into just getting it to fit and it still not fitting perfectly, its not worth the price anymore.
working with molds and molding plastic parts (although we do intake manifolds and air cleaners mostly) if there is any flaw whatsoever, the molded part only accentuates the flaw.
Old 07-17-14, 05:28 PM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Biddles
To be fair Seibon's product is more then double the cost of Extreme Dimensions, but this is exactly why Extreme Dimensions needs to step their game up. In the end a body shop will have to fix this up for a few hundred most likely, and then you wind up losing as you could have just bought an authentic Seibon carbon fiber hood.

I understand that if you're going to have the worst fitment you're going to have the cheapest product, but you should refocus on quality and fitment, then come in at a higher price point to make more money.

I wanted this hood when they first announced it, but I have to pass. Looks like someone made it in their garage, and smoothed sanded down the corners too much. It actually makes me want to grab a hood from the junk yard and see what I can do to it.
I agree...I'll have to pass as well unless its fixed and quality is structured into the build of the hood. I was totally ready to buy
Old 07-18-14, 08:01 PM
tientony
Driver

I don't think the hood looks perfect but it don't seems as bad as ya make it to be. I have seen some pretty bad hoods lol
Old 08-12-14, 09:49 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

No updates on the hood CL. I have been getting the car prepped for this weekends track event. I should have pictures from the event sometime next week.

Thank you ED for contacting me regarding our concerns (great customer service). I honestly didnt expect a response since the hood was not professionally installed. I look forward to working together to resolve the concerns.

Stay Tuned.
Old 10-31-14, 07:11 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Well CL I hope you enjoy this post. I was contacted by Extreme Dimensions regarding the concerns of the hood. Their response is please destroy the hood. didn't want to destroy the hood, but decided to have some fun with it. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-first.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-jack.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-rotor.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-slam.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-chop.jpg  

Old 10-31-14, 07:41 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

After a long day of trying to destroy the hood (still not completely destroyed) I decided to open my package from Extreme Dimensions. At first sight I see the major corrections to the driverside headlight line, the skeleton is not flimsy, and the hood looks a straight compared to the previous waves.

Don't mind the dusty engine bay. It will be polished soon and prepared for paint. At that point the bodyshop will line up the fenders and bumper. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-open.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-installed.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-driver-light.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-bath.jpg  
Old 10-31-14, 09:44 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks alot better, if not perfect now.. post pics of the corners by the window.. also I would like to see the hood on a car with all the panels perfectly set and adjusted so we can see how well the hood lines up. In regards to a car thats perfect and lines up and straight. Im not talkin **** about your car, wanna make that clear. Also you are turbo, thats good, where does the little vent end up lining up to in the engine bay? If the molds are good and what not I would be down to get one!
Old 10-31-14, 09:48 AM
danegerous
Rookie

Lol dude....you can't rock a king of vertex steering wheel and ED stuff. What would Ueno do?!

Old 10-31-14, 09:51 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

It would be nice if they cut the underside where it looks like oem bracing and just have a border on the hood no partial section there.. just border, then the top skin. Also, usually moulds are perfect and flawless and when the peice pops out of the mould its usually shiney and smooth not matte like that one is.. fitment looks good, underside looks like crap, needs just border.. the carbon one I hope is carbon front and back and smooth.. if im gonna buy it and pop hood at shows it needs to look hood inside and out..
Old 10-31-14, 10:42 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
It would be nice if they cut the underside where it looks like oem bracing and just have a border on the hood no partial section there.. just border, then the top skin. Also, usually moulds are perfect and flawless and when the peice pops out of the mould its usually shiney and smooth not matte like that one is.. fitment looks good, underside looks like crap, needs just border.. the carbon one I hope is carbon front and back and smooth.. if im gonna buy it and pop hood at shows it needs to look hood inside and out..
The flat black is added AFTER its taken out of the mold, to protect the actual material. Your body shop will sand the black off as part of the prep work.
Old 10-31-14, 12:15 PM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Cleanshots - I will take the pictures you requested. Definitely a lot better for it being just slapped on. As you can tell all the body parts are slapped on so I take no offense to anyone talking ******* about my project. I am not a body and paint guy so unfortunately the pictures you will see are my brave attempts with my flame suit on.

As for the main vents they are between the turbo and radiator. the side vent is over the ABS.
Old 10-31-14, 01:59 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
The flat black is added AFTER its taken out of the mold, to protect the actual material. Your body shop will sand the black off as part of the prep work.
i love the way the hood looks, if the edges are sharp and defined im on board, the underside i would like to see it cleaned up, where there is just the bourder of the hood and the middle is just smooth. cause most likely i will order in carbon.. is it fiberglass with last one or two layers carbon or is it going to be actual just carbon hood? the underside deff has to be cleaned up. i would like a full carbon hood.. like this.. no mesh.. honeslty just do a flat top, then just a little section in the middle on the front for the latch, then a lower section for the mounts then one trip in the middle and the two sides

when you pop the hood it needs to look presentable.. not just look good with hood closed. honestly id pay more for a legit product than less and have it be MEH..

Originally Posted by soardrft
Cleanshots - I will take the pictures you requested. Definitely a lot better for it being just slapped on. As you can tell all the body parts are slapped on so I take no offense to anyone talking ******* about my project. I am not a body and paint guy so unfortunately the pictures you will see are my brave attempts with my flame suit on.

As for the main vents they are between the turbo and radiator. the side vent is over the ABS.
cool sounds good. i mean if there is a hood thats produced thats nice i wouldnt mind paying more.. i dont think other people would have a problem either..
Old 11-01-14, 12:25 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks alot better
Old 11-03-14, 07:55 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

After a couple of hours of playing with the fenders I was able to get it really close. The lines look 100% better than before. I think with a few more tweaks we are all set. btw the hood is not closed.
Attached Thumbnails Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-driver-line.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-driver-full-line.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-passenger-full-line.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-passenger-line.jpg  
Old 11-06-14, 01:12 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All i'm saying is....

Customer images:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?