SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-14, 02:35 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CityKnight
I knew this would happen; which is why I didn't sign on until I saw one made already.
It does nothing (aesthetically) for the car.
I was hoping it would really be an enhancement in appearance, like an SC Type-R or something ...
It just looks like another generic GT hood ... I can see this on 100 other cars; it doesn't "belong" to anything (if you know what I mean); the contours of the SC, and the lines in the hood, they just don't go together. Im not doubting its quality, Im simply talking about it's appearance; it just doesn't match the car; especially 'cus it's a linear design, when the car itself is round all over. There are no sharp edges on the SC, but you have quadrilateral vents (???)
Nice, but I'll pass. I think Im'a go with whatever hood this is instead ...
???

Did you really have to go on a rant? People have different taste. These look killer on Supra's and from some of the photoshops and the hood thats being made it looks like it will look good on the SC too. This hood looks alot better then most SC aftermarkets hood out there.
Old 06-10-14, 02:57 PM
jimbow
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Joey, This hood is worlds better than most aftermarket hoods!

It looks badass to me. As far as not flowing with the car because of the rounded body lines..... It really depend on the car, Some guys might be going for a more aggresive look, Like me lol.

A lot of guys like the stock body, But I've always felt the cars are held back because of the lines. There kind of bland and boring, I'm not trying to start a riot or anything haha, it's just my opinion.

I'll be building mine in the next year or so, Lot of plans for it, Mainly wanting to create a more edgy take on these cars. I'm gonna stray from the pack a bit on my build.

One thing I can't wait to do.... Wait for it....... Manual windows lol

Extreme dimensions the hood looks badass guys, I'd love to jump in on the pre order or group buy but I have to do some upgrades to my house before I spend money in the car. Keep up the great work!

Btw feel free to send me a good and vertex style widebody, I'd love to have one. Lol

Last edited by jimbow; 06-10-14 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Posted befor I was done typing.
Old 06-10-14, 05:46 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew this would happen; which is why I didn't sign on until I saw one made already.
It does nothing (aesthetically) for the car.
I was hoping it would really be an enhancement in appearance, like an SC Type-R or something ...
It just looks like another generic GT hood ... I can see this on 100 other cars; it doesn't "belong" to anything (if you know what I mean); the contours of the SC, and the lines in the hood, they just don't go together. Im not doubting its quality, Im simply talking about it's appearance; it just doesn't match the car; especially 'cus it's a linear design, when the car itself is round all over. There are no sharp edges on the SC, but you have quadrilateral vents (???)
Nice, but I'll pass. I think Im'a go with whatever hood this is instead ...

That's a BN Sports hood ^
Old 06-10-14, 05:51 PM
jimbow
Rookie

That does look great!
Old 06-10-14, 07:47 PM
tientony
Driver

I like the hood in the picture above too
Old 06-16-14, 01:23 AM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Joey-E - I know people have different tastes; that doesn't justify saggy pants, and sharpie-marker eyebrows ...
Many people have "poor" taste.
As such, body parts that don't blend with the overall design of the car, IMO aren't very tasteful.
Granted, I don't think this looks "ricey" per-se; I mean, it looks like good-quality; I just don't think that style suits the Soarer.
It's not a GT car.

UZZ-TT - Thanks for the info.
I was gonna use Google's "Search by Image" to find the manufacturer; lol.
Old 06-16-14, 03:06 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is BN Sports Hood, unless they have an alternate, but it doesn't look like the one pictured above.

Also I don't understand why Extreme Dimensions doesn't make one up and get it color matched with a trial car for REAL pictures. Photoshop pics are not professional when selling body kits/parts. There has to be a super clean SC you can use for pics no? I know it costs money to do that, but I'd imagine if it's a quality piece like it looks to be you would get more buyers. I want one, but I need real pics.
Old 06-16-14, 03:53 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Biddles
Also I don't understand why Extreme Dimensions doesn't make one up and get it color matched with a trial car for REAL pictures. Photoshop pics are not professional when selling body kits/parts. There has to be a super clean SC you can use for pics no? I know it costs money to do that, but I'd imagine if it's a quality piece like it looks to be you would get more buyers. I want one, but I need real pics.

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
We already have the mold made and are currently working on production......
Originally Posted by Halon
Lol, it's pre-order, nobody has received anything yet.

We do have an SC on stand by for test-fitment of the final product once it arrives (should be in in the next few days). Until then we have the photoshop as a reference, or you can visualize this bad boy on your car..

Old 06-16-14, 04:01 PM
BlackIRON
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want this hood so bad.
Old 06-16-14, 04:05 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Still offering a sick deal to another two lucky buyers!
Old 06-16-14, 08:07 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Biddles
This is BN Sports Hood, unless they have an alternate, but it doesn't look like the one pictured above.
Yes, there is an another BN Sports hood. I knew someone was going to say that..

Old 06-16-14, 11:01 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Joey-E - I know people have different tastes; that doesn't justify saggy pants, and sharpie-marker eyebrows ...
Many people have "poor" taste.
As such, body parts that don't blend with the overall design of the car, IMO aren't very tasteful.
Granted, I don't think this looks "ricey" per-se; I mean, it looks like good-quality; I just don't think that style suits the Soarer.
It's not a GT car.

Again thats your opinion have you noticed your one of the very few who dont like it? The majority wants this made. It flows, aggressive and not overly done. Its vents are inward and not pointing out and it keeps the lines of the SC hood.

Also your not one to talk about poor taste, I remember your threads and cant tell if your serious or trolling about your ideas on the SC.

The Soarer is a GT car. You should know that by now.
Very 1st line taken from Wikipedia:
The Toyota Soarer was a personal luxury GT coupé sold by Toyota in Japan from 1981 to 2005.
Old 06-17-14, 09:01 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Please don't clutter up a thread about our hood with another hood.....

Last edited by Extreme Dimensions; 06-17-14 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-18-14, 08:06 AM
millertime
Pole Position

Irving! Is this hood back on? My car is soon to be out of the paint shop with a satin black stock hood, and all carbon creations and extreme dimensions parts
Old 06-18-14, 08:15 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Yep, parts will be at our location by the end of the week!

Thank you,
Irving

Quick Reply: Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?