Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?

Old 07-17-14, 10:45 AM   #466
mecheng10
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanshots View Post
the vents are fine, the edge of the hood is hella off and not crisp. the mold needs to be 10000000% flawless.. i wanna see the carbon weave on the carbon hood and the edges cleaned up. car industry is harsh, im not being rude, i genuinely want this hood in carbon but if you cant pull it off, word gets around fast then no one is gonna buy anything from you. i seen people make carbon hoods and molds at their house within a month tops and it looks flawless.. i would think a company could do the same in less time more efficiently.. if i paid money and that hood showed up at my house id be furious. bring up the quality and im sure people wouldnt mind an extra 100-150 bucks for a flawless item..
dead on.
this isn't Honda forums. we actually like our cars to look good and not riced out.
sure, the price is tempting, but with all the extra work that goes into just getting it to fit and it still not fitting perfectly, its not worth the price anymore.
working with molds and molding plastic parts (although we do intake manifolds and air cleaners mostly) if there is any flaw whatsoever, the molded part only accentuates the flaw.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Besides lag is just a JZ owners version of FOREPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mecheng10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-14, 05:28 PM   #467
MrCJ305
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Chris Cj Johnson IAmCJ305 MrCJ305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddles View Post
To be fair Seibon's product is more then double the cost of Extreme Dimensions, but this is exactly why Extreme Dimensions needs to step their game up. In the end a body shop will have to fix this up for a few hundred most likely, and then you wind up losing as you could have just bought an authentic Seibon carbon fiber hood.

I understand that if you're going to have the worst fitment you're going to have the cheapest product, but you should refocus on quality and fitment, then come in at a higher price point to make more money.

I wanted this hood when they first announced it, but I have to pass. Looks like someone made it in their garage, and smoothed sanded down the corners too much. It actually makes me want to grab a hood from the junk yard and see what I can do to it.
I agree...I'll have to pass as well unless its fixed and quality is structured into the build of the hood. I was totally ready to buy
-My Build Threads:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...-nastyboy.html
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-4...te-thread.html
MrCJ305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 08:01 PM   #468
tientony
Driver
Trader Score: (2)

I don't think the hood looks perfect but it don't seems as bad as ya make it to be. I have seen some pretty bad hoods lol
tientony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 09:49 AM   #469
soardrft
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (7)

Send a message via AIM to soardrft Send a message via Yahoo to soardrft

No updates on the hood CL. I have been getting the car prepped for this weekends track event. I should have pictures from the event sometime next week.

Thank you ED for contacting me regarding our concerns (great customer service). I honestly didnt expect a response since the hood was not professionally installed. I look forward to working together to resolve the concerns.

Stay Tuned.
soardrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 09:49 AM

Tags
carbon, future, g35, hood, lexus, ls460, powered, sc, sc300, secret, security, supra, top, vbulletin, vented