SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: How should I go about my SC's front bumper
Install the Auto Couture kit, leave the rest as is.
34.21%
Start fresh with the whole AC kit
26.32%
Sell the AC bumper, and get a lip for the 97+ bumper
39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Honest Opinion AC front w/vertex body

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 11:29 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh werd! No AC bumper!
Old 03-01-12, 03:45 AM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dirtyjohn
IMHO the Auto Couture bumper looks like this:

Woooow. I used to like the AC kit. Now I just see a neon every time
Old 03-01-12, 05:25 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is nothing wrong with Ac kit ,that bumper will look great with your intercooler behind it.

If this car is not your DD like you , said you have a corolla do not sell it AC kit keep what you have.

Ac is a copy of the 97 kit it's just extended a little bit , it comes down a little bit lower.

You can run the AC kit with the stock 97 skirts it looks great , i am not fan of the vertex it's too bulky IMO not my Style .

Comparing AC front to the Neon SRT4 front bumper ....
Old 03-01-12, 06:30 AM
dirtyjohn
Driver School Candidate

I voted for a lip, then I went over to miku's build and saw his bumper. I kind of like it with the middle section cut out...
Old 03-01-12, 07:37 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
agree. there are similarities but they are two completely different cars. dismissing a AC kit because it looks kinda like a srt4 front bumper is not a good enough reason to dislike it in my opinion.

SEX

no beuno

I say keep the AC front bumper and the same sides. will look good. than eventually maybe get the whole AC kit or just go cheaper with Shine auto sides
Old 03-01-12, 08:17 AM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Anthony
oh werd! No AC bumper!

Originally Posted by rcchris7
Woooow. I used to like the AC kit. Now I just see a neon every time
The bottom cross grille always reminded me of Dodge, comparing a Dodge to a lexus? LOL But the bottom cross has been removed on the bumper, it was shaved, and not hacked up.

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
There is nothing wrong with Ac kit ,that bumper will look great with your intercooler behind it.

If this car is not your DD like you , said you have a corolla do not sell it AC kit keep what you have.

Ac is a copy of the 97 kit it's just extended a little bit , it comes down a little bit lower.

You can run the AC kit with the stock 97 skirts it looks great , i am not fan of the vertex it's too bulky IMO not my Style .

I definitely agree on how bulky the side skirts are, its a little too much for me as well. But I also like the aggressiveness and the way it flows with my rear valence. I would consider just a lip, and trying to get 97+ side skirts and 97+ rear bumper, but with the single exhaust that Im currently running (I don't plan on going duals) it might look goofy without a lot of body work to the rear bumper. Im just not a fan of having a single exhaust with a dual cutout bumper.

Originally Posted by dirtyjohn
I voted for a lip, then I went over to miku's build and saw his bumper. I kind of like it with the middle section cut out...
Yeah, I just saw his build thread as well, it looks awesome! I love the wheels, but in my case the sides, and rear will interrupt the flow of the body but, I will definitely keep everyone posted on this. I know Im not the only one who was wondered about this combination. But this time the car will be white, and much easier to see.

Originally Posted by iridebmx
agree. there are similarities but they are two completely different cars. dismissing a AC kit because it looks kinda like a srt4 front bumper is not a good enough reason to dislike it in my opinion.

I say keep the AC front bumper and the same sides. will look good. than eventually maybe get the whole AC kit or just go cheaper with Shine auto sides
I personally think the AC front bumper looks super clean without the lower cross grille. It would definitely look mean with that intercooler behind it too.

The bumper will be arriving here tomorrow at noon. Ill be doing a test fit, and comparing the two. Until then Im still open to new idea's, I really like the feedback from everyone so far.

I have been comparing front 97+ lips (Big win vs. Fujin VIP Custom lip)
I love the way the Fujin lip looks, it gives the front end such an aggressive look.
If anyone has any pics of the big win front lip installed please post up a pic, I would definitely like to see it!
Old 03-01-12, 08:24 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

shine bumper w/o the lower grill gets my vote
Old 03-01-12, 08:27 AM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jadu
shine bumper w/o the lower grill gets my vote
Do you think it will be awkward with the bulky side skirts?

Ps. Thank you for changing the thread title!

Last edited by 1J0Z SC; 03-01-12 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-01-12, 08:41 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 1J0Z SC
Do you think it will be awkward with the bulky side skirts?
I always liked that front bumper. F that SRT4. the SC was out way before the SRT lineup

Anyways, saw two cars like that with similiar sideskirts both with the AC front. one guy thought it didnt flow that well. the side skirts were too aggresive for the AC bumper and went with a vertex bumper instead. The other guy had an entire vertex kit but got a shine bumper when he busted his vertex front.

I thought the setup AC setup looked fine. It's just a matter of preference honestly
Old 03-01-12, 10:34 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iridebmx
SEX
Take away the Scaras and its a solid BJ
Old 03-01-12, 03:34 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

My .02:

Next to your Haltech, the Vertex lip is the part on your car I'm most jealous of. Keep it if possible

I do like the AC kit, but just not not a big fan of the AC front when combined with Vertex-style sides and rear.
Old 03-01-12, 06:08 PM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There's only one solution here. Keep the auto couture. yes it looks like a neon but you can paint the vertical frame black and vamooos! Or you can just remove it in general.

Also, the AC front bumper goes really well with the 97+ sides an rear.

AC FTW! dont get it twisted
Old 03-01-12, 07:08 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

The AC cross grille is already shaved lol
Old 04-02-12, 02:34 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Im going to go with the shine auto kit. Thanks for everyones input. I can not stand the way my AIT side skirts fit, makes my car look so cheap and crappy especially when they flap around while I am driving..
Old 04-02-12, 05:28 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1J0Z SC
Im going to go with the shine auto kit. Thanks for everyones input. I can not stand the way my AIT side skirts fit, makes my car look so cheap and crappy especially when they flap around while I am driving..
I have a ac rep bumper wIth the lower grill cut out with vertex rep sides and rear looks good too me

Only issue I have is that the ac rep front is wider than the vertex rep. If you really look it throws the flow off

Last edited by chnk; 04-02-12 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Honest Opinion AC front w/vertex body