SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1992-2000 Lexus SC V-Speed Widebody Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 05:57 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol this is starting to sound like the Salem Witch Trials and Extreme Dimensions is in the Hot Seat!
Old 02-29-12, 07:01 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomLight
lol this is starting to sound like the Salem Witch Trials and Extreme Dimensions is in the Hot Seat!
Lol funny analogy.

I want to make this very clear. I am not out to shut down their company, troll their posts or purposely cause them harm. I am here because how they are selling their products is completely wrong and is extremely deceitful. They are advertising this kit like its their own and also carefully wording their statments to make the average enthusiasts believe that this is out of the box ready. This is not the case at all, far from it. This kit will take extensive work to make it look correct and even then it won't hold up to a bump in the road. Also you are using pictures of a legitimate kit and claiming it as your product with out even crediting the true owner of the car.

The way E.d. is conducting itself is novice at best.
Old 02-29-12, 01:05 PM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Lol funny analogy.

I want to make this very clear. I am not out to shut down their company, troll their posts or purposely cause them harm. I am here because how they are selling their products is completely wrong and is extremely deceitful. They are advertising this kit like its their own and also carefully wording their statments to make the average enthusiasts believe that this is out of the box ready. This is not the case at all, far from it. This kit will take extensive work to make it look correct and even then it won't hold up to a bump in the road. Also you are using pictures of a legitimate kit and claiming it as your product with out even crediting the true owner of the car.

The way E.d. is conducting itself is novice at best.
took the words right out of my mouth.... thank you JDMmuscle!
Old 02-29-12, 03:17 PM
1JAllDay
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i guarantee some of these people bashing this kit will be your customers whether it be now or in the future. most people dont realize that big name companies like enkei, work, and many others started out as a inexpensive company also and then grew into a "Big Name" company. thus because of their reputation they can charge the prices they do for their parts. just my .02. I'm not made of money nor do i have a money tree growing in my back yard. if you do not like the product and do not like a company making a benefit to people like me who dont want to spend $3k+ on a $3k car then say nothing at all and move along because it obviously doesn't apply to you. BUT i will say like everyone else has said post a picture of your actual product and not another companies product on another customers car without the consent of that person. price and shipping to 21234 pwease
Old 02-29-12, 03:37 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JAllDay
i guarantee some of these people bashing this kit will be your customers whether it be now or in the future. most people dont realize that big name companies like enkei, work, and many others started out as a inexpensive company also and then grew into a "Big Name" company. thus because of their reputation they can charge the prices they do for their parts. just my .02. I'm not made of money nor do i have a money tree growing in my back yard. if you do not like the product and do not like a company making a benefit to people like me who dont want to spend $3k+ on a $3k car then say nothing at all and move along because it obviously doesn't apply to you. BUT i will say like everyone else has said post a picture of your actual product and not another companies product on another customers car without the consent of that person. price and shipping to 21234 pwease
so... Enkei and Work started off by ripping off other people's designs and taking pictures of the other people's designs and labeling it as thiers? That's definitely new news to me. Thanks for keeping us up to date 1JAllDay!
Old 02-29-12, 03:41 PM
1JAllDay
Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
so... Enkei and Work started off by ripping off other people's designs and taking pictures of the other people's designs and labeling it as thiers? That's definitely new news to me. Thanks for keeping us up to date 1JAllDay!
you forgot to read the last part there bud.....i will be glad to update you on any other information as needed.
Old 02-29-12, 03:43 PM
1JAllDay
Driver

and also yes enkei started off as a replica company. do some research on the company before posting a rebutle.
Old 02-29-12, 03:56 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

i guarantee some of these people bashing this kit will be your customers whether it be now or in the future.
I actually agree with this. I've realized that a good percentage of the people here on CL are constantly looking for cheap stuff and there if you actually try to sell something on here u get a ton of low ballers only looking for super deals. That being said, I'm pretty sure eventually with the 1k+ views that they will probably get a few customers from this thread.

And also in the end, this thread might actually benefit them. Since their will be more informed customers knowing what they get themselves into and who actually are ok with crappy fitment.

Like I said before, there is a need for this stuff, just the false advertisement is a horrible way to represent the company.

I actually feel bad for the OP, he might have only been a representative of the company and was given the pictures by someone else there and has started a flame war here. Hopefully he they get some real pics of their pics on a car, and the rest of this can b put to rest.
Old 02-29-12, 03:59 PM
1JAllDay
Driver

Originally Posted by Sleepyboi
I actually agree with this. I've realized that a good percentage of the people here on CL are constantly looking for cheap stuff and there if you actually try to sell something on here u get a ton of low ballers only looking for super deals. That being said, I'm pretty sure eventually with the 1k+ views that they will probably get a few customers from this thread.

And also in the end, this thread might actually benefit them. Since their will be more informed customers knowing what they get themselves into and who actually are ok with crappy fitment.

Like I said before, there is a need for this stuff, just the false advertisement is a horrible way to represent the company.

I actually feel bad for the OP, he might have only been a representative of the company and was given the pictures by someone else there and has started a flame war here. Hopefully he they get some real pics of their pics on a car, and the rest of this can b put to rest.
some people fail to realize the little details. most shops and vendors in forums are just ran by representatives who are just sent pictures and told to advertise.
Old 02-29-12, 04:01 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Aside from authentic vs copy and prices which is not the main point in our arguements only 2ndary.

ED has a poor reputation across many forums and even here in CL. I could careless that they steal designs from other people. However, they steal from car enthusiast visions when they photoshop members pictures to post on their site. Customer service is sketch as well returrn policy states 100% refund/partial refund or replacement if ED deems a part defective? What happened if we the customer says "hey man... it dont fit it doesnt look right theres gaps/waves/etc etc".. ED could easily say it fits to our standards and some modifications will be needed tuff luck no refund. It is what ED "deems" right or wrong. Not the customer. Now your stuck with a kit (YES cost you 1/3 less) but will never look right on the car.. and/or time lost sending/waiting for a replacement or worse no refund at all!

How can you tell how its going fit without real pictures? would you buy a shoe without knowing if it fits your foot??

If they wanted to help the community the best thing to do is to fix their reputation. They can easily get members to come down for test fitment. However they still say YOU HAVE TO BUY THE KIT FIRST (partial sponsership) then we can post pictures of fitment. Wow... if I wanted to sell something I would test it first before trying to sell it to customers.... and use my own pictures and not steal others builds stating its the same kit. SAME style? yes .. same KIT ... NO......

You really would buy from a company that has had a huge track record of bad fitment and customer return support for their body kits? If you are trying to save money.. buy from a better company like SHINE AUTO. Their AC rep kit example has great fitment with real pictures of the kit on members cars.

""" Ill sell you some Rare Red/Black Air Jordans, $300, but um.. they are copys so $100 bucks and I wont show you how they look or the shoe size. But its cool cuz the picture I posted is the real jordans just photoshopped Green/Yellow ..Deal? """

Last edited by eliteskill; 02-29-12 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-29-12, 04:06 PM
1JAllDay
Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
Aside from authentic vs copy and prices which is not the main point in our arguements only 2ndary.

ED has a poor reputation across many forums and even here in CL. I could careless that they steal designs from other people. However, they steal from car enthusiast visions when they photoshop members pictures to post on their site. Customer service is sketch as well returrn policy states 100% refund or replacement if ED deems a part defective? What happened if we the customer says "hey man... it dont fit it doesnt look right theres gaps/waves/etc etc".. ED could easily say it fits to our standards and some modifications will be needed tuff luck no refund. It is what ED "deems" right or wrong. Not the customer. Now your stuck with a kit (YES cost you 1/3 less) but will never look right on the car.. and/or time lost sending/waiting for a replacement or worse no refund at all!

How can you tell how its going fit without real pictures? would you buy a shoe without knowing if it fits your foot??

If they wanted to help the community the best thing to do is to fix their reputation. They can easily get members to come down for test fitment. However they still say YOU HAVE TO BUY THE KIT FIRST (partial sponsership) then we can post pictures of fitment. Wow... if I wanted to sell something I would test it first before trying to sell it to customers.... and use my own pictures and not steal others builds stating its the same kit. SAME style? yes .. same KIT ... NO......

You really would buy from a company that has had a huge track record of bad fitment and customer return support for their body kits?

""" Ill sell you some Rare Red/Black Air Jordans, $300, but um.. they are copys so $100 bucks and I wont show you how they look or the shoe size. But its cool cuz the picture I posted is the real jordans just photoshopped Green/Yellow ..Deal? """
once again this goes back to the last part i said which is post pictures of your actual kit, not another companies kit.
Old 02-29-12, 04:13 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

once again this goes back to the last part i said which is post pictures of your actual kit, not another companies kit.
Im sure you will have a great experience with them. Good luck your saving money =D

Last edited by eliteskill; 02-29-12 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-29-12, 04:14 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

and also yes enkei started off as a replica company. do some research on the company before posting a rebutle.
Please re read...where's my rebutle? Too quick to respond there, probably cause the 1J is too fast ***pshhhhhh**** the sound of your BOV
Old 02-29-12, 04:16 PM
wickedsc3
Driver

I really don't see the problem here? Even if they posted pictures of their actual kit on a car do you think they would have pictures of a car with bad fitment? Really? No, they would showcase a car that had tons of body work and perfect lines. So stop arguing, the picture was just for reference as they said they have not had any sold yet, and he is offering a pretty good partial sponsor with what sounds like a good return policy if someone wants to try it out and see how it fits. Once someone gets the kit im sure they will post pics of their actual car.
Old 02-29-12, 04:16 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[quote=eliteskill;7055006]

You sir win 10,000 internet points

Extreme Deformations is garbage. Well known fact

Quick Reply: 1992-2000 Lexus SC V-Speed Widebody Kit