SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

OMG I have heard of it happening but never..........

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-12, 10:22 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
i worry about people when they need their tax return to buy something. dont have the cash otherwise? you probably cant afford it or dont need it...
+ 1! and isnt it smarter to break even on taxes? than giving the government a free loan? .. I break close to even every year, and adjust exemptions whenever I get a raise.

O.L.T gratz on EZ money =D. Im looking for my next SC as well
Old 02-16-12, 12:53 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wish someone would come up to me and ask to buy my car lol
Old 02-16-12, 01:00 PM
SpecialK47
Driver

i worry about people when they need their tax return to buy something. dont have the cash otherwise? you probably cant afford it or dont need it...
Because if someone doesn't have thousands and thousands of dollars just laying around, they don't need a car

I have to say, that is one of the most rude/ignorant statements I have read on here. Not everyone is well enough off to be able to drop thousands on one of these cars any day of the year. Many people use their tax return as a savings plan. It is fiscally responsible? Probably not, but a lot of these people wouldn't save the money otherwise.
Old 02-16-12, 01:09 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree here, that was a very ignorant comment, especially if they payed you cash what is there to worry about? not like they are paying you monthly..
Old 02-16-12, 01:51 PM
SadPanda
Driver School Candidate

That's a pretty wicked deal. Whenever I have a car for sale and there's no bites, I'm always like "man, I wish somebody would just come up to me and say 'hey, you're not selling that by any chance, are you?'" haha. I guess it happens to some people...

On the note of what to do with your tax return-- I sort of understand both sides. If you depend on that cash to pay for ****, maybe you're not well enough off to go and look for cars-- perhaps there are better uses for that money.

On the other hand, I currently have the money to buy another SC if I wanted to. Will I? nope.

If I got a really fat tax return check and there was an SC in that price range on CraigsList at the time-- then yeah, maybe I'd get another one. No worse off financially at the end really.

Just because somebody looks forward to a tax return doesn't mean they don't spend their money wisely otherwise. They just see it as 'bonus', or 'free' money in a sense. You could always be financially conservative and save save save, but then life sucks haha.

/Rant.
Old 02-16-12, 02:38 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SpecialK47
Because if someone doesn't have thousands and thousands of dollars just laying around, they don't need a car

I have to say, that is one of the most rude/ignorant statements I have read on here. Not everyone is well enough off to be able to drop thousands on one of these cars any day of the year. Many people use their tax return as a savings plan. It is fiscally responsible? Probably not, but a lot of these people wouldn't save the money otherwise.
Originally Posted by Vroomin350
I have to agree here, that was a very ignorant comment, especially if they payed you cash what is there to worry about? not like they are paying you monthly..

i think whatever i said went way over both of your heads. i was pointing out the irrationality of waiting for a tax return to spend money.

eliteskill gets it. but i like to pay at the end of the year. why? because id rather invest and make money than give a loan to the government at 0% and then get a 'refund'.

Last edited by Kohinoor; 02-16-12 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-16-12, 03:57 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

eliteskill gets it. but i like to pay at the end of the year. why? because id rather invest and make money than give a loan to the government at 0% and then get a 'refund'.
BINGO! (10char)
Old 02-17-12, 11:34 AM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what happens now with the one you loved but were lamenting having too many in your garage already?
Old 02-26-12, 02:51 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SpecialK47

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Originally Posted by SadPanda
Just because somebody looks forward to a tax return doesn't mean they don't spend their money wisely otherwise. They just see it as 'bonus', or 'free' money in a sense.
I agree
Old 02-26-12, 05:25 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

I understand having to wait for a tax return to buy a car but if you're in that situation, you probably shouldn't be buying a 10+ y/o Lexus unless it's not for a DD. If you have to wait for a tax return to buy a car, you probably need a 6-7 y/o Toyota or Honda. Something cheap to work on.
Old 02-26-12, 05:58 PM
snomanlex
Lead Lap

Who cares who spends what money on what? Does it really matter? Whether its saved throughout the year or in a tax return isn't US money still green? I'm sure the buyer is happy with his purchase so that's all that should matter.
Old 02-26-12, 06:04 PM
F4A22
Pole Position

This the best time of the year to sell cars.sold both i had for sale within the last week.unfortunately I have to pay the gubnent two years straight....
Old 02-26-12, 06:20 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
wish someone would come up to me and ask to buy my car lol
i second this motion im trying to convince a kid i work with that an sc is right up his alley lol
Old 02-26-12, 06:21 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

I guess since this is back up I can tell you what I replaced that Lexus with. LOL.

This is the garage of the guy I bought it from so unfortunately I don't have that badass green jeep.

It's a small displacement bike with a water cooled version of the Honda Rebel 250 engine and a fully automatic CVT transmission. Built in MP3 stereo system like the honda cruisers, dual disc brakes, etc.... I like it. The old lady wants to learn to ride so I got something we can both run around on. She doesn't do shifting gears so this will be good for the need. It's also a hell of a value for a full sized bike under $3,000.00

It's a totally different step to this from my Katana 750 with all Yoshimura carbs/exhaust/etc that I sold a few years back. It was heavy, but it was quick with all the mods.

Still got old blackie so I got my truck, my SC, and my bike. It worked out for the best.
Old 02-26-12, 09:54 PM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on the bike, good buy.

Quick Reply: OMG I have heard of it happening but never..........