SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ebay vendor: exotikleather

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-11, 10:37 PM
chashiubow
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay vendor: exotikleather

Anyone purchased from this ebay vendor, exotikleather?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-SC300-...item5d30b03e61

Seriously thinking about redoing my worn out seats.
Old 12-27-11, 10:52 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

100% ebay feedback and reading them everyone seems happy. someone on here has them and they fit pretty good, gotta take your time to make them snug and stay snug.
Old 12-28-11, 05:07 AM
Justinizme
Pole Position

Wow! That's a low price! I am ordering them as you read this!
Old 12-28-11, 06:03 AM
Tred92sc
Driver School Candidate

I seen these before I might order them as well
Old 12-28-11, 08:16 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Well I'll tell you why "I" didn't buy them. They only sell the front and the Color isn't even remotely close so when you're done you have front seats that stick out like a sore thumb and back seats a completely different color.

Its like using completely different seats from another car in the front from the back and looks effed up.
Old 12-28-11, 08:18 AM
Justinizme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Well I'll tell you why "I" didn't buy them. They only sell the front and the Color isn't even remotely close so when you're done you have front seats that stick out like a sore thumb and back seats a completely different color.

Its like using completely different seats from another car in the front from the back and looks effed up.
They sell rears also. Extra $125+ for the rear seat/back
Old 12-28-11, 08:35 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by Justinizme
They sell rears also. Extra $125+ for the rear seat/back
Right, it's not the $200 everyone is jumping on. It's $325 for fake leather (vinyl, pleather) when Leatherseats kits are just maybe $250 more for real OEM stitched leather.
Old 12-28-11, 08:53 AM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like a good option for those (like me) on a budget. Right now my rear seat is a pleather generic seat cover that I cut and spray-glued over the destroyed OEM surface. It was better than nothing but hardly a luxurious solution.

This would let me have fresh black seats at a pretty low price. I'm bookmarking it if nothing else.
Old 12-28-11, 09:49 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like a good deal. I would give them a shot if I had another car to try them on.

The leatherseats kit is leather/pleather mix, fyi. It's not 100% leather unless you call them and special order it. Who knows how much it would end up costing if you did that.
Old 12-28-11, 10:13 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

not bad at all...
Old 12-28-11, 10:24 AM
QueHefner
Driver School Candidate

Seems like a low cost alternative for a short term solution..Go for it.
Old 12-28-11, 10:26 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by stockhatch
The leatherseats kit is leather/pleather mix, fyi. It's not 100% leather unless you call them and special order it.
But it is intentionally done in the area of the seat the Leather will fail. It's is a BETTER design that'll last forever and you still get leather seats.

I just don't see this as a cheap alternative at $325 for fake vinyl seat covers. I'd go the auto parts store fake leather covers for $75 route before doing this if it's gonna be fake either way.

Not to discourage though. For some I am sure this will do.
Old 12-28-11, 11:21 AM
Justinizme
Pole Position

But it is intentionally done in the area of the seat the Leather will fail. It's is a BETTER design that'll last forever and you still get leather seats.

I just don't see this as a cheap alternative at $325 for fake vinyl seat covers. I'd go the auto parts store fake leather covers for $75 route before doing this if it's gonna be fake either way.

Not to discourage though. For some I am sure this will do.
Is there anything inexpensive that people can do to there car's that you don't disagree with? Not everything has to be an arm and a leg.
Not intentionally being rude, just it seems every thread or post about a cheap alternative to a part on our vehicles is never good enough. Only if you buy a part for 8 times the cost of one you recommend, I for one have a 94' SC300 that I drive to and from work everyday, muddier than a rednecks socks, dustier than July is Texas.. My car is a work vehicle.

Just wondering why everything always has to be expensive.. Higher cost does not always mean higher quality...

EDIT: No harassment or arguing intended.

Last edited by Justinizme; 12-28-11 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-28-11, 11:24 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by Justinizme
Is there anything inexpensive that people can do to there car's that you don't disagree with? Not everything has to be an arm and a leg.
Not intentionally being rude, just it seems every thread or post about a cheap alternative to a part on our vehicles is never good enough. Only if you buy a part for 8 times the cost of one you recommend, I for one have a 94' SC300 that I drive to and from work everyday, muddier than a rednecks socks, dustier than July is Texas.. My car is a work vehicle.

Just wondering why everything always has to be expensive.. Higher cost does not always mean higher quality...
Yeah, I've posted 63 DIY's over 8 years, mostly of how to fix your car for about $5, I'm HELLA against cheap repairs. Pay attention better..........

I do things RIGHT.
Old 12-28-11, 11:33 AM
Justinizme
Pole Position

Yeah, I've posted 63 DIY's over 8 years, mostly of how to fix your car for about $5, I'm HELLA against cheap repairs. Pay attention better..........

I do things RIGHT.
I sincerely thank you for all of the knowledge and help that you have contributed over the past years. It was just an observation made in text. Once again, no anger intended. It just seems as if you didn't find it, come up with the idea, or have already started your own repairs to something of the same nature, you always have a negative remark. I have ordered this kit, front and rear, discounted price for buying as a set.(Total being less than $300 shipped) I sure hope it is a good quality material, but my luck, it's going to be as you stated. Inadequate, I guess would be a good word to use. I will let everyone know how the material looks and feels.

Quick Reply: ebay vendor: exotikleather