SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ebay vendor: exotikleather

Old 12-29-11, 12:45 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

.I agree with one of the posts, it does look very tacky indeed..

I would not consider this a proper upgrade to our seats at all, theres got to be some better options then this.
Old 12-29-11, 04:29 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow... That is a no go for sure. I thought they at least FIT properly....Yikes.
Old 12-29-11, 05:21 AM
Justinizme
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooJohn
Mine isn't, and I refuse to spend the money it would take to make it pristine. I got the car for $800 and it'd cost $20k to make it perfect. I would simply start with a better example to begin with.

That said, it's a great "cheap" car and I'll get to enjoy everything the car has to offer just like those with rolling museum pieces. I won't turn heads while doing it but that doesn't excite me anyway. "Look at how much money he can throw into a 20 year old car" isn't a contest I want to win.
I couldn't have said it better myself! If I had an extra small fortune lying around, I wouldn't mind making my car a "show stopper". It's 17 years old.. That is the biggest factor.. you can only go so far before it becomes either a money pit, or not an SC anymore... There is no "rarity" in the modifications done to these vehicles.. Someone, somewhere has already done it. I enjoy the lines of these vehicles, I enjoy the drivetrain that was offered. I do not enjoy the fact that the only way people seem to enjoy it is if you make it look like every other SC that is lowered with a 97+ kit and huge wheels with gross camber.. My honest opinion is all..

As you stated.. some look great(being 1 owner cars and or never driven) and some look like a 20 year old vehicle.. Do what ya want, and don't worry about what everybody else may say.. They're just mad it didn't turn out like 98% of the SC's out there.. Like there's did
Old 12-29-11, 08:53 AM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I think this is the leather I have. I'm not sure because my brother took this money I got from being in an accident 3 years ago and used it on this and a steering wheel lol. At least that money came back to me lol

Old 12-29-11, 11:50 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i bought some ebay stuff a while back not from same vendor but theyre holding up pretty good heres my interior build thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...r-install.html
Old 12-29-11, 06:50 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scviolence
here i bought some make your choice....
]
Uhh.. I guess its an improvement over rips/tears... but they look really awkward installed.
Old 03-24-12, 10:57 AM
jimmyXthai
Lead Lap

Before:

After:

Old 03-25-12, 04:34 AM
F4A22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jimmy what kit did you use?
Old 03-25-12, 10:55 AM
jimmyXthai
Lead Lap

the vinyl sandstone kit from exotikleather
Old 03-25-12, 03:14 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Better than the OEM...Only because the OEM was so ravaged and decrepit. I know the SC is old now, and most of the current and new owners are young, not yet established, and broke...So I get it...No money to spend on the car, but you are a Lexus owner...You gotta start somewhere!

On the other hand, there are those of us who can do more...And we try to represent the Sheer Awesomeness of the model and genre...To each his/her own, and each will do to their car as they want and can...

Still, that eBay stuff is not what I like...

Ryan
Old 03-25-12, 03:48 PM
SFrymyah
Driver

Jimmy, that fitment is a lot better than some of the comments to the broken links actually suggest. I'm not seeing how people can justify the extra $300 for a leather seats kit.
Old 03-25-12, 04:50 PM
jimmyXthai
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Better than the OEM...Only because the OEM was so ravaged and decrepit. I know the SC is old now, and most of the current and new owners are young, not yet established, and broke...So I get it...No money to spend on the car, but you are a Lexus owner...You gotta start somewhere!

On the other hand, there are those of us who can do more...And we try to represent the Sheer Awesomeness of the model and genre...To each his/her own, and each will do to their car as they want and can...

Still, that eBay stuff is not what I like...

Ryan
I'm more of a toyota guy. I started with a corolla gt-s and will probably move on to a scion next year.

lexus toyota and scion are all the same to me
Old 03-25-12, 07:38 PM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It doesn't have to be can't spend more. Mine is I won't spend more.

Who knows - maybe one day I will go crazy and decide that it's worth it to drop $20k into this car instead of something else. Right now it's a car I got for $800 that is a fun second car and it gives me something to tinker with and make better along the way.

As I fix all the little things wrong with it, it's amazing how much more I like the car with each passing mod.
Old 03-25-12, 07:45 PM
hellaboost
Driver School Candidate

they dnt look half bad and fitment looks pretty snug aswell
Old 03-25-12, 08:56 PM
Axmily
Lead Lap

Mine will be in tomorrw! i will try and post a DIY

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ebay vendor: exotikleather