SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ebay vendor: exotikleather

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-11, 11:34 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Justinizme
I sincerely thank you for all of the knowledge and help that you have contributed over the past years. It was just an observation made in text. Once again, no anger intended. It just seems as if you didn't find it, come up with the idea, or have already started your own repairs to something of the same nature, you always have a negative remark. I have ordered this kit, front and rear, discounted price for buying as a set.(Total being less than $300 shipped) I sure hope it is a good quality material, but my luck, it's going to be as you stated. Inadequate, I guess would be a good word to use. I will let everyone know how the material looks and feels.
it'll match that autozone shift **** well.
Old 12-28-11, 11:36 AM
Justinizme
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
it'll match that autozone shift **** well.
New shifter, shift boot(Luxurymods.com) and **** already received and installed
Old 12-28-11, 11:41 AM
VC455
Driver School Candidate

I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure if the stock seats are 100% leather or are they a mix? Leather faces with some other material on the sides.
Old 12-28-11, 11:42 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by VC455
I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure if the stock seats are 100% leather or are they a mix? Leather faces with some other material on the sides.
100 percent cow. The backing of the seats that is actually a piece of cardboard may be comprised of something else, but as far as I know it's also leather.
Old 12-28-11, 12:11 PM
SleeperTTz
Rookie

If the vendor is really selling interior innovations leather kits then its a great kit with good fitment. Interior innovations makes one of the best replacement kits for the z32. I bought and installed two kits for a few friends when I had my Z.
Old 12-28-11, 12:23 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to say that comparing the texture and feel of the leather and pleather in my leatherseats kit, I would almost prefer a full pleather kit. The pleather looks nearly identical, and you don't have to maintain it as religiously as 100% leather. It is also a little bit softer to the touch. It's a personal preference thing, so try not to fret too much over other people's opinions.
Old 12-28-11, 12:41 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, OP just last night and already 2 pages. I wouldn't buy anything that nobody have posted here yet. It just simply means that when CL members bought it, it wasn't good enough to be posted. I'd rather do it right the first time like OLT said, and save money in buying another one in the near future. I mean, my SC is a forever project for me so I really do mind what I'm putting in it. If you're a one hitter quitter with the SC then yes go for stuff like this.
Old 12-28-11, 12:53 PM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My friend has it in his sc and it looks and feels great. Tight fitment too. For the price.... I wouldn't mind. I need the extra savings to go to others areas needing attention.

Honestly, I'm a budget builder. I can't afford the nice things. But I want my car to look cleaner and run cleaner. Some things ill skimp on, some things I won't. I say these kits are just an alternative for someone who just needs a cleaner look than the old ripped up seats.
Old 12-28-11, 02:06 PM
gtsfire
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I won't skimp on mechanicals, but for the interior I'd buy this and probably will after I sort out the transmission issues. For a 20 year old vehicle I think this is a good deal. It's your car so do with it what you want, don't mind everybody's opinions because they're just opinions.
Old 12-28-11, 04:04 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just added to my "Watch List"
Old 12-28-11, 04:32 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

It's funny how people buy other expensive stupid stuff for their cars exterior appearance or whatever and be cheap to the part where he actually is and is always touching. I'd rather buy a genuine leather so I can feel what the first owner felt when he first got the car and not be all over his left over sweat and what not...
Old 12-28-11, 05:21 PM
chashiubow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Justinizme
I sincerely thank you for all of the knowledge and help that you have contributed over the past years. It was just an observation made in text. Once again, no anger intended. It just seems as if you didn't find it, come up with the idea, or have already started your own repairs to something of the same nature, you always have a negative remark. I have ordered this kit, front and rear, discounted price for buying as a set.(Total being less than $300 shipped) I sure hope it is a good quality material, but my luck, it's going to be as you stated. Inadequate, I guess would be a good word to use. I will let everyone know how the material looks and feels.
Let us know the results...Its too bad leatherseats.com is no longer our preferred vendor. Should of GB'ed them when I had the chance and money!
Old 12-28-11, 05:31 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

In for the final results...thx for sharing and good luck with your interior.
Old 12-28-11, 05:41 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Right, it's not the $200 everyone is jumping on. It's $325 for fake leather (vinyl, pleather) when Leatherseats kits are just maybe $250 more for real OEM stitched leather.
Just want to point out that leatherseats.com is not going to be a mere $250 more. There has not been a group buy on those seats here on CL for years at the sub $600 mark. Their website begins the cheapest build at $700 for a leather/vinyl mix. If you want two tone, inserts, perforated, etc it is all extra. Not trying to discourage anyone from a quality kit (I have one on another car) but just be aware that its not marketed to the "oh its either this or an autozone seat cover" crowd.
Old 12-28-11, 06:05 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
It's funny how people buy other expensive stupid stuff for their cars exterior appearance or whatever and be cheap to the part where he actually is and is always touching. I'd rather buy a genuine leather so I can feel what the first owner felt when he first got the car and not be all over his left over sweat and what not...
Butt sweat!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: ebay vendor: exotikleather