SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I dunno why SC's are so darn loveable......

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-11, 07:52 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts
Default I dunno why SC's are so darn loveable......

You all do it...... driving by a car lot you see an SC and the first thing that comes in your mind is "I wonder how much?". .............Like the one you're driving isn't enough. Then you say "hmmm what year is that?, I might can use the stuff on it" ............ like you'd buy it and part it out even though it's a perfectly running car. You tell every single person "hey there's an SC for sale down the road" ....... Like they will care as much as you do.

You stop and scrutinize every inch of it seeing if every common breakage part is either broke or replaced...... pop the hood.... "Yep, new PS pump and alt " ...... look inside, only one half of one needle lights, 5 backlight out, the climate is blacked out, the factory amp is dead as a door nail, the door panels are split across the top, the rear view mirror is black in spots... light in other spots, the seats look like HELL, the steering wheel leather is nearly blackened around the wheel edge.......

YOU CAN'T WAIT to tell everyone how an awesome a car is for sale and they should buy it. They look at everything and think you're nuts. "but it's a 97 with ONLY 174,000 miles for $2,100 DUDE!".

They are like "174k miles and 14 years old WTF YO!?!" and you are persistent in the fact they should buy it........ now.

Damn thing is like an ugly girl with a pretty mouth..... can't help but love her sometimes.
Old 12-05-11, 07:59 PM
Banikid
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol every time I find an SC locally for sale I tell my friends and try and convince them to buy it. They think I'm crazy but I'm normal *twitch* SC aren't common round here so I freak out when I see another and ppl stare as I walk around it seeing what condition it's in. I give the old people that drive them thumbs up and they stare at me like I'm crazy. But yea I see what you're saying.
Old 12-05-11, 08:40 PM
leonsup
Driver

Everyday I ask myself why the hell I love mine so much....I mean...I'd rather drive my 15 yr old more than just about anything else...cept maybe a 911...but still, if you can't explain it, must be true love...
Old 12-05-11, 08:44 PM
MichaelsRT
Driver School Candidate

I have never in my life said to myself, "I might can use" under any situation...ever.
Old 12-05-11, 08:56 PM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my rough 92 so much it's very tempting to trade my truck on a spotless 98-99 and pocket the difference in cash. If I didn't need something to tow with I probably would have done it by now
Old 12-05-11, 09:02 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know exactly what you're saying O.L.T lol I'm the exact same.
Old 12-05-11, 09:29 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
You all do it...... driving by a car lot you see an SC and the first thing that comes in your mind is "I wonder how much?". .............Like the one you're driving isn't enough. Then you say "hmmm what year is that?, I might can use the stuff on it" ............ like you'd buy it and part it out even though it's a perfectly running car. You tell every single person "hey there's an SC for sale down the road" ....... Like they will care as much as you do.

You stop and scrutinize every inch of it seeing if every common breakage part is either broke or replaced...... pop the hood.... "Yep, new PS pump and alt " ...... look inside, only one half of one needle lights, 5 backlight out, the climate is blacked out, the factory amp is dead as a door nail, the door panels are split across the top, the rear view mirror is black in spots... light in other spots, the seats look like HELL, the steering wheel leather is nearly blackened around the wheel edge.......

YOU CAN'T WAIT to tell everyone how an awesome a car is for sale and they should buy it. They look at everything and think you're nuts. "but it's a 97 with ONLY 174,000 miles for $2,100 DUDE!".

They are like "174k miles and 14 years old WTF YO!?!" and you are persistent in the fact they should buy it........ now.

Damn thing is like an ugly girl with a pretty mouth..... can't help but love her sometimes.
I just pissed my pants reading this!....hilarious as always Brian. I can relate whole heartedly about this post in it's entirety
Old 12-05-11, 09:33 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Ya.... My mom is buying a 2010 Camaro SS, and is willing to sell me her 2002 E46 BMW 330Ci 5-Speed with the Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, M-Sport, Bi-Xenon, and Harman Kardon packages on it with 94K for what my SC's worth in trade-in (basically trade my SC instead of her BMW) to the dealer and I'm having a really tough time making that decision..... Everyone I talk to point out that the BMW is 5 years newer, with 60K less miles than my Lexus......BUT, my SC is in pretty much PERFECT condition, only 1 wear mark on the driver bolster, no splits in the door panels, no leaks, mirror glossy paint, perfect headlights, runs fantastic, and it's got every option as well.... It's a tough choice, the thing that's swaying me towards the Bimmer is that I won't have to do a timing belt service in 30K, I know, based on what everyone says, that 160K is when starters die, and I have 1 bad LCA in the front.... Whereas the BMW only needs a valve cover gasket (easy diy) and 2 LCA's ($550 and easy DIY).....The BMW is faster, much more fun in the corners, but hasn't held up as well as my lexus, if someone didn't know cars well, they would think my SC is newer than the BMW from the condition of the two.... The lexus is quiet, smooth and comfortable... The BMW rides hard but brakes and handles like a dream.... Driving the two side by side I still feel like I'm in a much more luxurious car with the SC.....Opinions?
Old 12-05-11, 09:58 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

One of the best cars ever created.
Old 12-05-11, 10:24 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

haha well said! I think I have only seen an SC on a used car lot once though.
Old 12-05-11, 11:02 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I feel the same way.

Unfortunately, every SC that pops up for sale is a piece of junk. It's hard to convince my friends/family to buy one.
Old 12-05-11, 11:51 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

This must be the realest thing I've read about owning an SC at this time and age of our cars. I have people left and right telling me it's costing me too much to rebuild, but seriously... THEY-DON'T-KNOW-WHAT-THEY'RE-TALKING-ABOUT.
Old 12-06-11, 12:21 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

SC's are for Sex Criminals....Oh hey wait! Nevermind! I own an SC haha!
Old 12-06-11, 06:01 AM
Sciller
Driver

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
You all do it...... driving by a car lot you see an SC and the first thing that comes in your mind is "I wonder how much?". .............Like the one you're driving isn't enough.
EXACTLY!! My girlfriend doesnt even wonder why any more....whenever there is a holiday or birthday present question she just says "BUT NO SC'S!"

your a philosopher OLT! lol
Old 12-06-11, 06:47 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

O.L.T. you're so right with this thread...LMAO! I'm definitely guilty of all the above. And most of my friends think I'm crazy for my love of the SC...not knowing the full potential and the direction I plan on taking the SC. Oh well, we all have our VICE-the SC just happens to be mine! LOL.

Quick Reply: I dunno why SC's are so darn loveable......