SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Need to get rid of SC400 parts car, what should I keep?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-11, 06:32 PM
Blaxxus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to get rid of SC400 parts car, what should I keep?

I have a 1992 SC400 black exterior, tan interior which is now my parts car. A buddy of mine needs the engine from it + some suspension parts, so I decided to strip the whole car of any good parts I can keep for my running 1995 SC400 and just give him the rolling shell with the engine, transmission & whatever I'm unable to keep.

Before I accidentally throw away any good parts or take off anything that would be useless on my 95 SC, what do you guys suggest I keep?
Old 12-05-11, 06:33 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Every nut and bolt.

I've used the most oddball things from my parts car. The other day I needed the cover for the switch on the seat after the other one split in half...... had it. Bolt for the radio cage to hold it to the console...... had it. Cover for light in trunk.......... had it. None of this I would have kept if I hadn't decided to strip the car to it's last bolt and put the entire body harness in a box. I literally have every plug, bolt, cover, screw........ and I've used about 125 things that are so small and oddball you'd have run yourself to the poor house trying to get them all from a dealer.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 12-05-11 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-05-11, 06:34 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is indeed a '92 SC400, Keep the front lip (And all it's mounting hardware) That's a highly sought after item and is worth some money (Especially if it's in excellent condition) on these forums I hear.
Old 12-05-11, 06:37 PM
Blaxxus
Rookie

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Every nut and bolt.

I've used the most oddball things from my parts car. The other day I needed the cover for the switch on the seat after the other one split in half...... had it. Bolt for the radio cage to hold it to the console...... had it.
Thanks for the reply, I'll keep that in mind.
Old 12-05-11, 06:38 PM
Blaxxus
Rookie

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
If it is indeed a '92 SC400, Keep the front lip (And all it's mounting hardware) That's a highly sought after item and is worth some money (Especially if it's in excellent condition) on these forums I hear.
The lip isn't in great condition, but im keeping it since im taking off the front bumper & fenders
Old 12-05-11, 06:42 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

....and I have a 92 and 95 that sometimes loan parts to each other via my parts car so incase you ask about compatibility there will be only slight electrical changes, but will still work so keep it ALL.
Attached Thumbnails Need to get rid of SC400 parts car, what should I keep?-img_0013.jpg  
Old 12-05-11, 07:00 PM
Arkansas
Pole Position

u going to get rid of the factory amp if its working? if so....how much? and what model number is it?
Old 12-05-11, 07:38 PM
Blaxxus
Rookie

....and I have a 92 and 95 that sometimes loan parts to each other via my parts car so incase you ask about compatibility there will be only slight electrical changes, but will still work so keep it ALL.
haha wicked. I'll try to keep as much as I can, under carriage stuff will be harder to part out before the engine gets pulled out, but i'll see if i can grab them after the engine gets pulled out

Originally Posted by Arkansas
u going to get rid of the factory amp if its working? if so....how much? and what model number is it?
Unfortunately, I had a trunk leak and it got the amp same thing with my 95.... FML! But it makes for a good excuse to get a new audio setup
Old 12-05-11, 07:40 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Do not post sales questions in the main forums please.
Old 12-05-11, 07:45 PM
Arkansas
Pole Position

Do not post sales questions in the main forums please.
That was really a two-fer. Was tryin to find out the correct model number amp for my 92 sc4. My question on part number never got answered because it got moved to a dead zone (audio forum.) Plus he said he was thinkin of getting rid of parts so didnt think a questioning of the amp would hurt
Old 12-05-11, 07:56 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

I'm not looking for a reason, please don't post sales inquiries in the main forum.

Old 12-06-11, 11:57 AM
Blaxxus
Rookie

That was really a two-fer. Was tryin to find out the correct model number amp for my 92 sc4. My question on part number never got answered because it got moved to a dead zone (audio forum.) Plus he said he was thinkin of getting rid of parts so didnt think a questioning of the amp would hurt
I think i can help you with finding out the correct model number for a 92 SC Amp.

Seems like you been having trouble finding a stock amp, have you considered wiring up an aftermarket AMP?
Old 12-06-11, 06:41 PM
SEXC
Pole Position

You should take a look at the DIY to find out what parts break the most. I would keep the window switch assemblies, door actuators and trunk shocks for starters.
Old 12-06-11, 09:34 PM
scguy
Driver

Default what u wnt

shocks 4 hood trunk, fuse relay n trunk, fuel man in left quater panel, mirror if its good , wing if its got 1 , sub n middle amp under seat climate control door panels window trim window regulator w? motors, door lock mechanisums, shift ****, cluster, headlight tail lights and seat if n good shape those r all the real money makers if u ask me
Old 12-13-11, 04:54 PM
fatkhoa
Pit Crew

another thing you should save is the inner door handles those break off all the time

Quick Reply: Need to get rid of SC400 parts car, what should I keep?