SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-15, 02:37 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow LOTS of new members! Glad to see everyone getting comfortable. As always search for whatever you need but afterwards if you have questions, post up on an old thread or start a build thread! FYI, we like pictures
Old 05-04-15, 02:40 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by drknite504
hey my names alex i own a black 1993 sc400 with a 1jz swap with a r154 transmission i bought my sc about 6 months im really bad at this heres some pics take it away vana
im from new orleans, louisiana

Hard to tell from the side but I think that's an ORIGIN or VERTEX kit.
Old 05-06-15, 12:32 PM
Sc1349
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Louisiana

Hello everyone, gonna be picking up my first sc300 with 2jzgte swap done this week, gonna be needing a little extra work done as the guy I'm purchasing from was still in the process of restoring it, fresh 2jzgte , 5 speed trans upgraded clutch, Borg Warner single turbo, lots of other goodies as well,.. I'll post a few pics,..I'm VERY excited about getting it and being a part of this community, as well as freshening up the interior and stuff like that,... Gonna try to get as much of the electronic stuff done while in Texas , we don't have many shops with dynos in my area, and I know Texas has LOTS! Lol

Borg Warner S366

needs some interior work, aside from the seats

Black mishimoto intercooler

18 inch Konig Rims
Old 05-09-15, 02:22 PM
pulkitt
Driver School Candidate

Default New member

hey guys whats up im a new member here my first car was an es300 and i was always creepin on CL for maintenance but i have recently bought a 96 sc300. i just got it registered this week so i decided to hop on and be an active member and hopefully show off a sick na-t build within the next couple of years. also anyone lmk if ur from the northeast, im around north boston and i never see too much of a lexus crowd

got it with 107k with those wheels for only 4k! pumped

Old 05-09-15, 05:22 PM
SC3_5SPD
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everyone, my name is Mike. I'm originally from NYC but currently residing in FL. I'm new to the forum and trying to get my hands on a 1997 SC300.

My uncle had a pearl white 97 SC in 97. I was 18 at the time and this quickly turned into my dream car. My uncle was real cool and would let me pick up my girlfriend(s) and drive into the city almost every weekend...great times...great memories!

I later purchased a 99 es300 that is still going strong today. I recently gifted it to my grandfather who is enjoying it greatly.

I picked up a 2014 RX as a replacement (another family car) that feels more like my wife's car...this started to make me think that maybe it would be cool for me to have something fun again!

I thought long and hard about a reasonably priced car that would be modest yet super fun to own/drive...and so here I am!

I'm in SW Florida (Sarasota area) searching for my very own 97 SC300...I'll update this post the moment the dream comes true!

Have a great weekend everyone! Look forward to seeing your rides!

Last edited by SC3_5SPD; 05-09-15 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-11-15, 05:33 PM
Static1280
Driver School Candidate

Best of luck in the search luche! I became a recent convert to the SC faithful when I traded my 01 GS3 for a 92 SC4 and I couldn't be happier with the decision!
Old 05-11-15, 07:16 PM
SC3_5SPD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Static1280
Best of luck in the search luche! I became a recent convert to the SC faithful when I traded my 01 GS3 for a 92 SC4 and I couldn't be happier with the decision!
Thats really cool Static, and thanks...I really hope something turns up soon!
Old 05-12-15, 06:58 AM
flash9
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up 1998 Lexus SC 300 - 2nd Owner - 83,400

I have always liked the mid-90's Lexus SC and GS 300 based cars.
I began looking for one in mid-March, and came across this One Owner 1998 SC 300 in Wilmington, NC, which is almost exactly two hours away.

I called and they had no service records but they provided me with the CarFax report, which confirmed the One Owner North Carolina car. The car has just short of 83k miles and they admitted that most likely the timing belt had not been done since the water pump looked original. They had just done an air filter, oil and oil filter change. They had also just put on new rotors and brake pads on the front and back. So I did nothing.
During the first weekend in May, my wife and daughter were out of town so I loaded up the car and set an appointment to take a look at the car. I let them know I would be there at 10AM when they open and would want to spend up to 3 hours checking out the car. They offered to setup an complimentary apportionment with the local foreign car shop and they would put it on a lift for me.
When I got to the dealership a few minutes before 10AM, the owner came out and handed me the key and gave me directions to the service station. No ID check, no asking for my keys or anything!

Basically after climbing though the whole car all I could find was the following:
  • Timing Belt needed to be done withing 5K.
  • Tires were cracking in the tread.
  • Power Antenna does not operate.
  • Only had one key/remote.
  • Small Leak around the transmission pan.
  • Trunk lifts were shot.
  • Shocks are original.
But this car was CLEAN! In the glove box I found the Owners manual and the owner had taken the car to the Raleigh Lexus dealership for the first four years every 5-7k miles for routine service. This was recorded in the Owners Manual by the Johnson Lexus Service Technicians. Then no more records, but I have to think they just started to go to a non-dealer for their service. Engine bay was clean but not spotless, which tells me it was not detailed.

They were asking $8,000, I was able to negotiate a complete Timing belt, water pump, cam seals, drive shaft seal, idler, serpentine belt service into the deal and got the car for $7,100.

I probably over paid, but I plan to keep her for the next 10 years.
I have already put on Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 tires all around and did a lifetime Alignment. I also fixed the trunk lifts before someone got decapitated! I have looked at the antenna and will take it apart soon to see whats up. The motor is not even attempting to run, so I do not think it will be as simple as a new mast.

In the next month or so, I plan to do the following:
  • Transmission flush, Filter and a Pan Gasket
  • NGK Spark Plugs, Wires and Coil-On-Plugs
  • Fuel Filter
  • Cabin Filter
So that is my story.
Old 05-12-15, 09:39 AM
SC3_5SPD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flash9
I have always liked the mid-90's Lexus SC and GS 300 based cars.
I began looking for one in mid-March, and came across this One Owner 1998 SC 300 in Wilmington, NC, which is almost exactly two hours away.

I called and they had no service records but they provided me with the CarFax report, which confirmed the One Owner North Carolina car. The car has just short of 83k miles and they admitted that most likely the timing belt had not been done since the water pump looked original. They had just done an air filter, oil and oil filter change. They had also just put on new rotors and brake pads on the front and back. So I did nothing.
During the first weekend in May, my wife and daughter were out of town so I loaded up the car and set an appointment to take a look at the car. I let them know I would be there at 10AM when they open and would want to spend up to 3 hours checking out the car. They offered to setup an complimentary apportionment with the local foreign car shop and they would put it on a lift for me.
When I got to the dealership a few minutes before 10AM, the owner came out and handed me the key and gave me directions to the service station. No ID check, no asking for my keys or anything!

Basically after climbing though the whole car all I could find was the following:
  • Timing Belt needed to be done withing 5K.
  • Tires were cracking in the tread.
  • Power Antenna does not operate.
  • Only had one key/remote.
  • Small Leak around the transmission pan.
  • Trunk lifts were shot.
  • Shocks are original.
But this car was CLEAN! In the glove box I found the Owners manual and the owner had taken the car to the Raleigh Lexus dealership for the first four years every 5-7k miles for routine service. This was recorded in the Owners Manual by the Johnson Lexus Service Technicians. Then no more records, but I have to think they just started to go to a non-dealer for their service. Engine bay was clean but not spotless, which tells me it was not detailed.

They were asking $8,000, I was able to negotiate a complete Timing belt, water pump, cam seals, drive shaft seal, idler, serpentine belt service into the deal and got the car for $7,100.

I probably over paid, but I plan to keep her for the next 10 years.
I have already put on Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 tires all around and did a lifetime Alignment. I also fixed the trunk lifts before someone got decapitated! I have looked at the antenna and will take it apart soon to see whats up. The motor is not even attempting to run, so I do not think it will be as simple as a new mast.

In the next month or so, I plan to do the following:
  • Transmission flush, Filter and a Pan Gasket
  • NGK Spark Plugs, Wires and Coil-On-Plugs
  • Fuel Filter
  • Cabin Filter
So that is my story.

Hi Flash, welcome to the club! The car looks to be in mint condition, great find!
Old 05-12-15, 10:08 AM
flash9
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by luchevida
Hi Flash, welcome to the club! The car looks to be in mint condition, great find!

I examined the car on Saturday 5/2, and after negotiating the sales price I left a personal check, with the agreement they would get the complete timing belt done in my name at the foreign car repair shop during the week. This let my check clear. On Saturday 5/9 my wife and I drove down and picked up that car. On Friday I ordered the tires from TireRack and on Monday I had them installed by my local Firestone. I picked up the Armstrong Trunk Lifts at Advanced Auto using a coupon I had. All of the other parts I have ordered from RockAuto and should get here later this week or early next week.

Here are two photos of the drivers seat, due to lighting and different cameras the leather colors appear way different.
The first was before the dealer (in January when they got the car) then they had had someone work on the seat. The second was taken in my drive way this morning.
Old 05-13-15, 02:37 AM
ChrisChhor
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, new to the SC300 and loving it so far. Bought it as a DD instead of racking up miles on my Nissan Juke Nismo RS as it is mainly my Autocross car. I also have a 1990 Miata that I autocross every once in a while to take a break from the Juke also which I was using as my DD prior to picking up the SC300.

I picked up my 94 SC from a co-worker for $2500, Salvage title but in REALLY good condition inside and out. It only has 118,000 miles on it. Water pump and timing belt were done a few years ago, about 25k miles ago. Brand new front brakes, rotors, struts, AC was recharged, everything electronically works. I hope to learn a lot from you guys as I've already been reading up on doing an NA-T build. GTE motors aren't common here in Hawaii. AND here are pics of my cars lol.

Day I picked her up
Name:  sc300%20stock_zpsyak0k2h2.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  107.0 KB

Day 2, Put my 370z Sport rays on her. Looked terrible. They came back off on Day 3.
Name:  sc300%20370z_zpsxaiif8ci.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  108.5 KB

Day 3, Installed my extra set of Evo 8 wheels. Not Ideal but much better than the 370z wheels.
Name:  sc300%20ev0_zpshfc3jqoo.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  103.8 KB

Day 4 she got a fresh set of 235/45R17 Bridgestone RE-11A's.

Here's a couple shots of my Juke

Autocross is in offseason for us in Hawaii so here's my offseason look

Here she is on her Race wheels (Weds TC105n's 18x9.5 +35) with her race tires on. (Nitto NT01's, 275/35R18's all around)

Here is after a photo shoot just looking pretty on her race wheels. Amazing how the right lighting makes that blue pearl pop in the Sapphire Black color.

And here she is having fun

And last one of my little Miata on Mini cooper wheels
Name:  Miata%201_zpsfqg2f5pn.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  142.0 KB

Thanks for having me!

Last edited by ChrisChhor; 05-13-15 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-13-15, 09:34 AM
Maximo018
Pole Position

Hi. I'm Chris. I've always lurked/studied off and on on CL. This is my 1st Toyota. I own nothing but Nissans but was always looking from the other side of the fence wondering what this like. I've always admired and wanted an SC for the last 15yrs and as of yesterday I final obtained mine. Its a project but it's not as bad as it looks mechanically.
Name:  3CB14CC4-B3B9-4747-B9CA-C9B511AD7E27.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  323.3 KB
Name:  77DA9C64-A734-4C87-BFFF-8109916B83AB.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  195.9 KB
Name:  09199D71-DC4F-424F-9ADA-49932E7CECDE.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  218.7 KB
And of course the typical key issue.
Name:  94C80C68-3828-4AA1-B608-D8FCA602DC55.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  297.4 KB

Last edited by Maximo018; 05-14-15 at 03:30 AM.
Old 05-13-15, 05:51 PM
2JZGTE94CO
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the forum!

Hi,
Just picked up a project car, going to be dropping a 2jzgte VVTI motor in it after this summer. Figured I should join up and pick yalls brains. Car is an Sc300 1992. I am very familiar with the 2j but know nothing about the sc platform.

Old 05-14-15, 05:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Welcome to all new clublexus members.

Here is a thread which is a summary of thread links that can help you find things around.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tart-here.html

Hope you enjoy your car as much as others had with theirs.
Old 05-16-15, 06:49 AM
94Blexus
Driver School Candidate

Default My new '97 next to my '94 [Green]

Hey guys! I just got my second one!!!
I put 130,000 on my first one in 7 years. She served me well!

Here is to another 200,000
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-11037775_10206298031914765_998414778900896331_n-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!