SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-15, 03:42 PM
joehud23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation joehud looking at 93 300sc

thinking about buying or selling 93 300sc from my sister replacing com. modual if car checks out should i purchase it ? excellent southern body but meny parts discontinued 105000 miles
Old 04-07-15, 03:58 PM
Thomas1jz
Driver School Candidate

Rocky mount NC
Old 04-09-15, 12:38 PM
ufakaaa
Driver School Candidate

Been lurkin for a bit. Guess I'll start here and say hello.

I have a 1992 SC400 w/170K on it. Pretty much still in the fixing mode; timing belt, water pump, gaskets and all the basic stuff so far.

Rims are off my truck, 18X9.5 +22 w/ 255/35R18 tires and yes they're fake. Still better than rollin on stocks, BC Coil overs from the previous owner.

Aloha!
Old 04-09-15, 02:25 PM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aloha what Island are you on?
Old 04-11-15, 08:17 AM
tsupra1822
Driver School Candidate

Hi I am a new lexus owner and wanted to introduce myself. I recently purchased a 98 SC300 Auto with 180k miles. It has only one problem when you incline driver seat back and rest on it it falls back down. Other than that everything works ac,heat,radio,CD changer. Has new timing belt no oil leaks perfect running engine, with a silky smooth transmission. No check engine light or other warnings lights when car is running. I just needs some tires but that's nothing. It was hit in the back once and bumper was replaced with a pre 97 one, and has a dent around the right rear fender. It was just $2,500 so I purchased it. Front seats could use some changing. It was a daily driven car. 1 hour trip to bring it home ran perfect and was getting 24 mpg highway.

Old 04-12-15, 02:24 AM
95sc300tec
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi I'm new. please be understanding :(

hi club Lexus. my name is Ben. i am a new owner of a 1995 sc300, and this is my first time ever joining a forum or really any online community ever. i have zero computer skills so i apologize in advance for my ignorance . but i would like to believe im competent at fixing cars. especially Lexus's. iv'e been working as a Lexus mechanic at stevens creek Lexus for about five years. and working on cars for many more years then that. I grew up as a Honda fan, and have modified and owned many of them. but have decided to try something new and play with the big boys. i like to think i know a thing or two about cars, and modifying them but the truth is i know very little about modding the sc300 model, what the solid engine and suspension set ups are. how to make an sc fast on the track/weight saving tips. so im excited to talk and learn about what options are out there. again i apologize for my computer ignorance, it took my awhile just to figure out respond to this message
Old 04-12-15, 06:26 PM
503SC
Driver School Candidate

So for the past 7-8 years I've been telling my now wife how much I'd love to pick up an SC300/400 simply because the body style in my opinion is perfection. The lines...the look...everything about it just screams gorgeous. We always agreed we would pick one up later on down the road, once we were settled into our house and had things under control.

Well she was walking a dog the other day and came across a 1994 SC400 for sale. Also had a city tow away sticker and parking ticket on the vehicle. Seller wanted $3300, looked like the car had been sitting for some time. Tags on the plate expired in 2013. I called and inquired about what might be wrong with it and why it had been sitting. I was told it was her sons car and he had purchased something new and basically left it in front of her house. They tell me the starter went bad and its very expensive to replace. (I'll get to that later). I asked her when the vehicle would be towed, she replied with 48 hours from when i called her. I told her if worst comes to worst I"d be there with a tow truck and pick up the vehicle before the city did, and I asked her to name a price. She laughed and said, "At this point honey, I'd take $500 for the thing just to get it out from in front of my house"

Thirty minutes later i showed up with a tow truck and five crisp hundred dollar bills for her. Towed it back to my shop with a big grin on my face. I manage a Firestone Complete Auto Care here in Portland Oregon. Threw a new battery in her and still get a click no start. Did some poking around and seems she was telling me the truth about the starter. All lines are pointing to it being the failed unit. As many of you know, on the 1UZ engine Toyota made they decided to put the starter UNDER THE INTAKE MANIFOLD. Who does that?

Anyways, we got the intake off and come to find out the starter bolts go in from the transmission side, seriously, Toyota you're killing me. Back to work tomorrow to get it out and get the new unit in. it looks like the radiator has a leak up near the top as well, I see some snail streams. Outside of that, everything else looks to be in order. The interior is rough, torn seats, torn panels, carpet stains, no stereo, but it could always be worse ya?

Plans are in the works to get her cleaned up and then see what im working with. Pretty good dent in the drivers door, couple small pitter dents around the body but nothing catastrophic. Color is black, I told my self I'd never own a black car but for $500 I couldn't say no.

Name:  56E65E6E-FED6-454A-999C-D52ECFBF5270.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  210.6 KB

Name:  00C036A6-C45F-48B8-B309-C2F6CA45582F.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  234.1 KB

Oh and the wheels, terrible...just terrible.
Old 04-13-15, 08:49 PM
drknite504
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello party people

hey my names alex i own a black 1993 sc400 with a 1jz swap with a r154 transmission i bought my sc about 6 months im really bad at this heres some pics take it away vana
im from new orleans, louisiana

Old 04-13-15, 09:22 PM
tsupra1822
Driver School Candidate

Smooth look! what body kit is that?
Old 04-13-15, 10:24 PM
drknite504
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tsupra1822
Smooth look! what body kit is that?
honestly not quite sure what body kit is but i wana get rid of it for the shine auto bumpers or stock
Old 04-13-15, 10:42 PM
dricacho
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New guy

Hello everyone,

I just picked up a pearl white 1992 Lexus SC400 this afternoon. It needs a little bit of TLC and as soon as I got home, I jumped online and started searching and ran into this forum. I have searched and found fixes for the driver side outside door handle that wouldn't work to open the door, a DIY on replacing the passenger side window regulator, and other fixes for small issues that came with this car. It currently has 200k in the odo however, the car idles and runs smoothly. It pulls pretty good when stomping on the accelerator. I am curious as to what the engine compression is like. I have searched for an hour and couldn't find a DIY on doing a compression test on the 1UZ-FE, hopefully some one will throw a newb a bone and point me to the right direction.

Here's a quick snap shot of her, she's missing the front bumper lip which I'm hoping to find at a wrecking yard this weekend. I have a feeling it comes with the front bumper and I may have to get a whole front bumper instead.

Old 04-13-15, 11:15 PM
tsupra1822
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drknite504
honestly not quite sure what body kit is but i wana get rid of it for the shine auto bumpers or stock
If your thinking about selling the kit send me a pm
Old 04-14-15, 09:12 PM
SLOSC
Driver School Candidate

Default Sc400

How's it going all! It's a pleasure to be introducing myself to the community here.

I just picked up my new baby here about a month ago, a 1999 SC400 in the Angora Beige Metallic color. It's bone stock, has 168k dealership maintained miles (I bought it from an older rather wealthy gentleman) and was kept garaged most of its life; I felt very lucky to have found it.

Though the car accelerates and rides like everything I expected of a lexus (and then some), it had a problem with wobbles at freeway speeds as well as some land yach-esque handling characteristics. It came to my attention that it was in need of bushings, thus I am currently in the process of overhauling all the car's front bushings (Front UCA and LCA, steering rack bushing) and replacing them with the Figs Engineering polyurethane bushings. This combined with a fresh set of tires and a balance and alignment should fix the ride issues.

In the near future, besides regular maintenance tidbits and possible seafoam treatment, my plans include a V1 hardwire, frankenstein install an Injen intake originally from an SC430, exhaust, led bulbs, and brake upgrades.

I'm excited to be posting here finally, and hope to do a few write ups soon for some of the above mini projects.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0142.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0139.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0138.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0104.jpg  
Old 04-14-15, 09:42 PM
newageinc
Driver School Candidate

Default Project: Quantum Lex400

Ciao,
Loong time CL lurker, been hooked ever since ma came home with a '92 ES.
Saw SC speeding up highway ramp. Sold my car next day. Destiny. Got it.
Changed my life. Attracted girls, inspired my friends, repulsed fake friends.
Then life happened, breakups, fall outs, depression, the Lex chilled in garage.
Grieving period is done. Healing phase begins. The world awaits your sequel.
I wake up from hibernation, to streets full of German brand oversaturation.
Budget 1-3 series, C-E class flood the market, devaluing their flagship models.
Lex remains focused on performance and refinement, unpretentiously.
Italian exotics in my future. LFA dreams. 'till then, project quantum begins
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-image-25-.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-image-26-.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-image-24-.jpg  

Last edited by newageinc; 04-14-15 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-15-15, 08:29 AM
joehud23
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up 93sc300 problem

still waiting for ecm to be reworked and sent to supplier for pick up.hopping when or if t arrives that it will work in my 93sc300.may be my only chance to get this cream puff back on the road

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!