SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-14, 10:02 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Love the color!!! (But I am supposed to.... LOL).

Welcome to CL.... You have a lot of discovery and these threads and the very helpful members should provide the direction you need to get the car where you want (and can afford) to take it....

I am three years into my rebuild and almost done (as far as I am going to take this particular car, anyway) and it's been fun and educational....
Old 09-01-14, 10:56 AM
BlackIRON
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I honestly love that front bumper, and welcome to the forums. All the DIY's are pretty straight forward and most are for common problems you should check em out. And here they are along with the FAQ

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tart-here.html
Old 09-01-14, 01:30 PM
Black1UZ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Hey guys
I've been a lurker in here for like a month and I figured I should make my presence known. I just bought a 92 SC400 with 90000 miles on it from the proverbial little old lady. She literally drove the car to church and that's it. And the church was around the corner. Soooo I lucked out, and after some minor cosmetic upgrades it looks a little more like the sporty coupe it is and a little less like my grandpas Buick. Its got some issues, namely bad knock sensors and a badly calibrated TPS, but it still roars and kicks Mustang butt all day long. I hope I can afford the gas for it...but where there's a will there's a way. In the future I wanna build the motor, cams, valve springs, heads, higher compression, and internals. Also hoping to get a Dragon TC. If anyone has any advice please pm me.
Old 09-01-14, 06:41 PM
Kaspar
Driver School Candidate

SO,dont really know where to start,been in the nissan world most of my car life,a few rx7's, but 7 s13's,2 s14's....a few jeeps. finally flipped out on my last s14 when discovering some well hidden rot. was planning on doing a v8 swap to my s14,figured i may as well start with a car that COMES with a v8.....GENIUS....ill be on here,noobing around here pissing everyone off. anyways,heres a few pics of my last few cars,all received them stock,ended with a flatbed to the junkyard..

then i grabbed this,130 on the clock,little bit of rust,hopefully i can get it taken care of quickly

Last edited by Kaspar; 09-01-14 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-01-14, 11:01 PM
JONPEREZ58
Driver School Candidate

Hello, my name is Jonathan and I've been lurking on this forum for the past couple months. I recently picked up a 1993 sc300 from some old white couple around San Diego. Little did i know that the car would have as many issues as it does. This being the first car that i bought for myself, I doubted it and wanted to sell it the day after buying it. After long nights on this forum i decided to keep the car and build something I can enjoy. I work at Auto Fashion USA in San Diego and seeing customers cars inspired me to build one myself.

The car currently needs some work: exterior, interior, brakes, rotors, radiator flush/ new piping, new heater hoses, engine flush, and whatever else i can find wrong with it. Despite all the negatives, I'm looking forward to whats in store for my car. I'm currently planning out an LS1 swap and slowly gathering parts for it.

I am located in San Diego!

Below is a picture of the car and the color of the radiator fluid. I don'd have many pictures of the car at the moment but will definitely upload more when i get the time!

the thickest and darkest radiator fluid I've ever seen

Old 09-02-14, 10:24 AM
larsbars44
Driver School Candidate

Just scored a 1992 sc 300 with 152k miles. Pretty stoked. This must have been garage maintained. Completely stock everything.
Old 09-02-14, 11:45 PM
Penthos
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys. I really am not fond of that demon front bumper. I don't care if the kit is duraflex as long as I can get it to fit. I'll be refitting it. Haven't decided much on performance mods yet but down the line I definitely want to repaint it.. What does everyone think of this color? It's called toxic tomatoe pearl.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-2014-09-03-01-41-58.png  
Old 09-03-14, 01:20 AM
Michael3UZ
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there! I'm Michael, from New Zealand.

On to my 5th Japanese market Soarer, 2JZ-GE so a SC300 equivalent.

Doing a 3UZ-FE & W58 conversion to it in the next few months, shall be a bit of fun.

Sadly later model V8s dont exist down here and tidy examples are very hard to find.

Just ticked over 154k miles
Old 09-03-14, 01:56 PM
larsbars44
Driver School Candidate

Hey my names Lars,
Just joined the forums and just got a lexus, stoked on my 1992 SC300, all stock. all i had to do is replace the fuel pump. got it for 2700$ it has 152k miles! I'm happy
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-dsci0720-copy.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-dsci0702-copy.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-dsci0697-copy.jpg  
Old 09-03-14, 03:58 PM
gsreid1981
Driver School Candidate

New to this website. Awhile ago I had a 1992 sc300, purchased a 1jzgte, r154 etc. Due to lack of time and money, I had to sell my swap along with other parts. So I'm basically on here to try and sell every thing I have left. Don't want to, but have no choice. I will get another sc again one day.
Old 09-03-14, 07:03 PM
White97SC4
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member Alert: (White 1997 SC400)

Hello fellow SC enthusiasts,

I currently live in Maryland and to be a little more specific, I'm usually between Frederick, MD and Baltimore, MD. I've had my SC400 for about 2 years now and since the very first time I drove it I've become more and more excited about working with SC models. A few things about my car...My 1997 SC 400 is Diamond White Pearl. As of now, it is pretty much stock with very light upgrades and with the help of all of you good people here on Club Lexus, hopefully I can transform it into a heavily modded monster!!! My Lexus will be my first hands on project and through soon-to-come pics, posts and suggestions from fellow Lexus owners, Club Lexus will bear witness to yet another example of why we love these cars so much!!!

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback, tips and suggestions as I move forward with this project.

Hope to hear from you soon!!!

-Chris Harrison

Blank Canvas!!!

Last edited by White97SC4; 09-03-14 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Add Picture
Old 09-05-14, 10:37 PM
TNSCupra
Driver School Candidate

I'm addison from east tn. I dd a super nice lifted Tacoma for several years and became a Toyota fanatic. I've wanted a 2jz (whether it be swapped or stock and 5spd) for a couple years now. So 2 weeks ago I finally bought a 92 sc300 with a 96 2jz swapped...stage 2 clutch, na-t, garrett 70t, adjustable susp., apexi AFC neo and 19" racing harts. I paid about 500 too much when I realized the jacka** I bought it from had not a clue what he was doing with the turbo piping....long story. Anyway lots of changes to come on my journey to 450rwhp! Things I need currently fan shroud(too hot in south w/o one) tread stone turbo manifold, new turbo piping, aftermrkt exhaust, elec. Boost gauge, 550cc injectors, walhbro fuel pump, new coil,wires,plugs etc....I'm obviously a newb so don't kill me too much. Also looking to ditch the harts. Any help is appreciated!

First couple days i

Last edited by TNSCupra; 09-05-14 at 11:03 PM. Reason: pics
Old 09-08-14, 12:34 AM
Razakh
Driver School Candidate

Angry NEW OWNER. 95 SC400. I think the Original owner crashed it

Hey! My names Zak.

About my CAr. 95' SC400. 2450k

THere is no info on the insurance showing it is a crashed car, but once a mechanic got underneath it. He found out it has different parts. Now im stuck wit this car. Ive already fixed a lot on it.

Now All i need is parts for my interior!

*i WILL post photos to show how horrible the car is. Please dont make fun

** PARTS I NEED
Driver side door panel (Cream)
Power windows switch
Old 09-08-14, 08:30 AM
Penthos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Razakh

Hey! My names Zak.

About my CAr. 95' SC400. 2450k

THere is no info on the insurance showing it is a crashed car, but once a mechanic got underneath it. He found out it has different parts. Now im stuck wit this car. Ive already fixed a lot on it.

Now All i need is parts for my interior!

*i WILL post photos to show how horrible the car is. Please dont make fun

** PARTS I NEED
Driver side door panel (Cream)
Power windows switch
It's okay dude. I just get my 93 SC400 and the previous owner didn't take care of it for ****. I had to have the whole Trans rebuilt for a good 1500, Trans mounts replaced. Who knows what else is wrong. I'm supposed to get it back Thursday :/
Old 09-08-14, 06:30 PM
BlackIRON
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All really nice lookin new member cars.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!