SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-12, 07:46 PM
Rizzo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Nice pick up, and welcome to CL...let the mods begin!

steve
Thanks man! I have done work on Cressidas as well as ae86's, It's nice to get into the less janky side of Toyota. Piecing together a five speed set up seems to be the hardest part of modifying these cars.

THE ENGINE BAY IS MASSIVE
Old 12-26-12, 08:06 AM
VaSC300
Driver School Candidate

What up CL. I'm new here I have a 93 sc300 with the w58 manual tranny. Trying to find an ecu if anyone has one
Old 12-26-12, 08:52 AM
VaSC300
Driver School Candidate

I'm in serious need of a 93 sc300 ecu m/t. Can anyone help me?
Old 12-27-12, 11:02 AM
scthree00
Driver School Candidate

hey guys,
so i was lurking on this site gathering information about sc3/4's trying to figure out if that was the car i wanted after my s14 got destroyed. well after all things considered i decided to buy a 97 sc300 and im really glad i did so far.

PS ive been stalking the wheel and tire thread since i got the car and i cant thank you guys enough for starting it. its giving me some sweet ideas on what i want as far as stance and clearence (both fender and ground)
Old 12-28-12, 02:32 AM
ninjaCEO
Driver School Candidate

Greetings,

New member here Haven't picked up my SC300 yet it is in the pipe line within the next few weeks/days talking to the seller in the morning it is an 00' cinnabar pearl auto [ tragic : - ( ] clean inside and out hopefully I will have it soon.
Old 12-28-12, 06:04 AM
GotRiceYo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scthree00
hey guys,
so i was lurking on this site gathering information about sc3/4's trying to figure out if that was the car i wanted after my s14 got destroyed. well after all things considered i decided to buy a 97 sc300 and im really glad i did so far.

PS ive been stalking the wheel and tire thread since i got the car and i cant thank you guys enough for starting it. its giving me some sweet ideas on what i want as far as stance and clearence (both fender and ground)
Where in FL you located?

Originally Posted by ninjaCEO
Greetings,

New member here Haven't picked up my SC300 yet it is in the pipe line within the next few weeks/days talking to the seller in the morning it is an 00' cinnabar pearl auto [ tragic : - ( ] clean inside and out hopefully I will have it soon.
Welcome to CL gents!! Enjoy the abundant knowledge from these fine people here!
Old 12-29-12, 12:47 PM
dmanilli
Driver School Candidate

Default hello club lexus

Hey everyone! Just thought id introduce myself to the forum and share my ideas and future goals. My fascination in the lexus sc started when i was browsing through a local forum classifieds here in edmonton, alberta canada and saw a black on black 1993 lexus sc for sale with a 2jzgte in it. The car really caught my eye, it was nothing ive ever seen before on the streets of edmonton. I honestly didnt even know a car like this existed and ive loved cars for many many years. Upon further research the sc 300 was never introduced to canada but the sc400 was. Going onto the engine side of things i didnt really know a whole lot about the 2jzgte. i knew it was from a supra but didnt really know the potential this engine had. And so here i am. Ive been on this site for a couple months but this is my first post lol. It was time i got more involved on this forum.

My obvious goal for right now is to pick up an sc. Living in edmonton im obviously going to have problems sourcing an sc300 locally. But there are a few NICE sc400's. Whats even harder is finding a color combination to my taste. Id prefer black leather interior but that seems to be super rare. I dont mind a lighter colour interior but the exterior has to be dark.

For power goals i would like around 400 hp to to the wheels!! what would be the best bet to achieve this goal. Is this easily achievable with an sc400? Or is it alot easier in an sc300? thanks everyone for reading. Merry xmas and happy new year
Old 12-30-12, 03:39 PM
bikrman2
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys. Been a member/lurker for a while now. Finally picked up an sc300 so I figured I'd post. Car is a 96 black 5spd car. Bought it as a project drift car for next season as everyone around here (myself included) has 240's and i'm sick of seeing them every time I turn around. Car has a vvti 2JZ-GTE in it that I need to wire, Ksport coils and cage has started. Hopefully I'll have her ready in the spring.
Old 12-30-12, 10:05 PM
SCMike87
Driver School Candidate

Whats up guys!

My name is Mike. Ive been a long time lover of the SC. Always found them to be a very attractive car! I always wanted to get an SC3 and build up sick 2j setup. About a month ago I came across a SC4 for sale.. not running, no battery, had not even been STARTED in 3 years, sat for the better part of 5 years. He was the 2nd owner, bought it when it was at 35k, and its at 216k now. He was asking 1500. I called and he still had it.. went and looked at it.. it was rough.. haha. Had moss and mold growing almost everywhere.. tons of moisture inside the car. I told him I wanted to hear it turn over before I even thought about making an offer. Put a battery in it and it turned over awesome.. but didnt start. (I wasnt worried about it, it turned over awesome and I could hear it had compression, knew it had to be something pretty simple) I tried HARD to get it for a grand.. he was very stubborn, because it had new tires on it and we settled on 1200.

Towed it to my work. Had her running in about an hour. It ended up being the fuel pump. So I replaced the pump, filter and did an injector flush. Then I changed the oil, tranny fluid, put a new radiator and coolant in it. Shes been running like a champ! I still want to do a tune up (plugs/ wires and caps/ rotors)

Ive put about a 2500 miles on it and I love the car!

Heres some pictures!!

Sitting in the parking lot at my work. Hard to see, but LOTS of moss on pass. side!

Name:  IMAG0365_zps27d0b8b9.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  104.4 KB

Pulled it in the shop to work on it.

Name:  IMAG0366_zpsefd8c4f2.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  101.5 KB

After the first bath!

Name:  IMAG0392_zps890103ed.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  66.3 KB
Name:  IMAG0394_zpsbc7b67da.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  73.6 KB
Name:  IMAG0403_zps7c123696.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  72.7 KB
Name:  IMAG0399_zpsbb6ebb5e.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  86.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0398_zps84bdeb3b.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  85.5 KB

I still need to fix all the moisture in the headlights.. it annoys me!

Last edited by SCMike87; 12-30-12 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-31-12, 08:10 AM
LouCiro
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello Sc group!

I am Lou.
Used to have a red '92 SC400. Missed that car. Recently found and bought a '92 red SC400 with 37000 miles on it, see picture, overpaid and got screwed by dealer who claimed it had a CD changer. Tried to replace old pioneer sound with NAK but parts purchased on web were defective. Bought new pioneer system. Replaced all belts , fluidsetc, had a few dings removed. Plastic standoffs on doors cracked and loose. Had repaired.Great ding and paint fix guy in south FL. Only thing that doesnt work is key remote. Tried to buy on web but cannot get a blank key.
Now it is just like new (old) car. nothing like it. Runs like a dream. Love it. Site is great.
Also have two 1956 Plymouth Belvederes. One red hardtop, one blue sedan. Used to date my wife in Blue hardtop. Working on these. Thanks for the great site and helpful posts.
Regards,
Lou
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo.jpg  
Old 12-31-12, 11:35 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

I joined to grab all the info I need to keep my new to me 1992 SC400. I have built a few custom cars and the last few are credited to te forums I visited. My last car was a LS1/t56 powered RX7 unfortunately after two years of building it only two months after getting it tagged I was shoved into a guard rail at 50mph (still looking for the red truck that hit me).

Anyway, after that accident I sold my seven for parts and bought the first car I tried out (tested about 8 cars). I just loved it soo much and it was everything the seven could never be. So now I got heat, back seats, trunk space, and most of all a street able suspension. Pot holes suck ba in a race car (being use as a daily driver). Other cars I built were a boosted Saturn (SC2) and a mk2 GTI.

I do not plan any major changes to this car as it is my daily now. But if I do decide to do anything, it would be a custom home made wide body and a LSx swap with the T56.

Anyway thanks for this awesome site and the FAQ section is amazing. I won't post much unless te lounge is entertaining. But once I start modding, look out, I won't stop

-Shawn
Former sixthsphere and norotors resident, now here is my home
Old 01-02-13, 07:21 AM
Cryser
Driver School Candidate

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself my names= is Jason. I Currently don't own a sc400 yet but have been looking, hopefully this is change on Thursday!

A little background, currently in school for Mechanical Engineering, working night shifts to pay the bills. I do engine tuning for a Miata racing team in California known as RJ Racing. We ran in the WREC series, which we won in our class (E3) this year. Our main focus as always been the "25hrs of Thunderhill" which we unfortunately had our engine block blow out about 11hrs in the race. It lasted 3 seasons, including 2 WREC championships, 2 other 25hr races, and other various spirit races in between. So she really did give it her all!

I started modifying cars around the age of 16 with a Honda CRX, ended up with that car from a friend of mine. Fun little car that was bottle fed, ended up selling it back to the friend that sold it to me after I gave him a ride in it after it was "done". Since then I don't believe I have ever own a "Stock" car for longer then 24hrs

had a Saturn SC2 that I boosted on a small T3, Saturn Ion I boosted on a T3/T4 57 trim, W210 E430 sports I sold to my dads co worker as she loved the car and really need something at the time, wish I never did that one. Few beaters in between that always got an intake or something silly made for them while in my possession.

What brings me to the Lexus SC scene is simply this. My current car was a 2000 WV Jetta. I fully built the engine, stroked it from 1.8L to 2.0L, full V-banded GT3071R turbo kit, full stand alone control of the stock ECU, and all the supporting bits. Sadly on Christmas eve night of all nights I was returning home and got ran off the freeway by a hit and run. Sent me down the exit guard rail completely smashing the driver side in the process. This resulted in the frame being bent totaling the car This was the first engine I ever built and by a program at my local community college I was able to perform all the machine work and measurements myself. Took a year to build, blueprint,balance, etc everything after doing all that it showed me 2 things. I love to build high horsepower cars, and fwd is really retarded past 350whp

After the crash I was almost dead set on buying and building up a 240sx, but I really sat down and gave it some though and came to the conclusion I like to do just that BUILD high horsepower cars, but I honestly loved DRIVING my w210 out of all the cars I owned. Then I remembered the sc and how I always loved the styling, the 400 has a great smaller displacement V8 in it, RWD, and as I'm approaching 30 it's time to get a bit away from the "tuner cars" so to speak. Drove my dad's friend sc400 and instantly knew that would be my next car!

So I've been lurking around a few days, joined up and here I am!

Once I find the right sc400 I'll be sure to post up pictures

Current plans include:

Lots of maintenance and restoring as needed, LCA, vacuum hoses etc.
Programmable ecu - I obsess about tuning my own cars, ot the point my laptop is my most common passenger
BFI intake
Full exhaust, starting with 2.5 resonator replacing 3rd cat, to a 2.5-2.25 Y pipe to mufflers eventually I plan to get some PPE headers and hopefully get in contact with bcsc400 or jbrady in regards to their scavenger Y pipe design
A good street coilover set up that retains stock like ride
HIDs and some wheels

Way in the future I'll probably wanna boost the 1uz maybe try a supercharger this time around but that's another post another time, see ya around the boards!
Old 01-03-13, 02:34 PM
Ghostu2
Driver School Candidate

Hi I found a nice SC300 for the price of PS3. Just needed throttle body cleaned and some wiring to the ecu. 2jzge na-t in the works as a modest daily driven 400rwhp luxury missle.
Old 01-04-13, 12:43 PM
upstateSC3
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member

Im zach, 24 from greenville s. ccarolina. Ive had my 93 sc3 for right at a year now. It is currently bone stock auto trans with 109k miles. Im looking to start modding my baby and dont really know where to start. I would love suggestions.

-zpd
Old 01-05-13, 04:21 PM
topshelfpr
Driver School Candidate

Hey all, been lurking for a while, just picked up a 93 SC300 and am in billings montana. I haven't seen any other members from Montana around here, if so shoot me a pm! Love the car, have always been in the subaru scene as there is so much snow in Montana, but am used to rwd anyways and have always wanted to build one of these, would eventually love to turbo swap as mine has 175k miles and a rear main seal leak, but might just rock it as a DD for a while. I could use a factory stereo, windshield washer sprayer tops, factory black floor mats, some new leather front seats or a referral for best seat cover etc. Anyone have any info shoot me a pm. Here are a couple crappy cell phone pics of my ride, all stock except for the nzo wheels. Great forum, have learned a lot already.

Cheers

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!