SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-15, 04:34 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Welcome to the forum guys.

One of the sticky threads has tons of links to threads that can help you find info if you needed one. Here you go :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tart-here.html

Good Luck to all !
Old 02-03-15, 06:29 PM
SummerLove
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I'm new and need help.How do I set an Avatar? I'm also looking for a hitch plug that will not come off in the car wash, any suggestions?
Old 02-03-15, 07:00 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerLove
I'm new and need help.How do I set an Avatar? I'm also looking for a hitch plug that will not come off in the car wash, any suggestions?
Welcome to Club Lexus. Go to your user cp, (top left hand corner) then find the "Edit Avatar" button, click it and set your avatar. The profile picture is different and appears in your user profile while the avatar is directly next to your name whenever you post.
Old 02-04-15, 10:39 PM
sleepersc4
Driver School Candidate

Let me start off by sayingMy name is Cory Ive been a lurker on this site for about a year, I had a 95 pearl white sc300 which was really a beautiful car but wasnt quite the power i was looking for However i stumbled upon a hell of a deal about 2 months ago on a 92 sc400 with only a 116xxx miles . Ive looked over a billion different forums but cant seem to get the answer im looking for . Could a ls400 trans be used as a replacement with out modification aside from the speed sensor?

Last edited by sleepersc4; 02-04-15 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-05-15, 10:20 AM
bibz1uz
Driver School Candidate

Default forum newbie

Whats up CL!!! My name is Anthony and I live in mass and im the proud owner of a garnet red 93 sc400 160k. I've been lurking around this site for the past few months and have never posted anything mostly because ive never really used a forum before so bear with me but I gathered up a lot of diy info I needed this site has helped me hugely already and glad to be a part of i

Now back to the car Iike I said it a garnet red sc400 that spent its last to years wasting away in someones driveway. ended up talking to the guy one day and he said that he was sending it to the junk yard he was sick of looking at it stoped him right there and 37 seconds later had the title and the keys. I guess one mans trash is really another mans treasure because I love this car. So far ive mostly been getting it cleaned up road worthy again. as far as mods go no plans sent in stone to exactly what I wanna do but as soon as winter is over I already have a good amount of parts to start installing. fair warning I do like a little rice so my style may not be what everyone likes but its what I like but I got thick skin so all comments welcome here...

Old 02-05-15, 07:43 PM
guynoirpi
Driver School Candidate

Default New member intro

Good evening all. Been lurking for a bit and it's time to say hi. Regretful former owner of a 96 sc300 looking to redeem myself for letting it go. It may take months or it could even be tomorrow but heed these words...I WILL OWN AGAIN

and thanks to all who have posted (past, present and future) the wealth of information on this board!
Old 02-06-15, 01:01 PM
Daelum
Driver School Candidate

Hey, my name is Ben!

I had (well, still have) a '96 Lexus SC300. I recently crashed it though . I loved the car so much that I'm actually considering getting another one!
Old 02-06-15, 08:05 PM
davejr1964
Driver School Candidate

Noob Alert!

This site is a little intimidating. My name is Dave and I've had my silver 1999 SC400 for 10 years. It has 260k miles on it now and I've had to only replace the timing belt, starter, lower control arm bushings and many sets of tires. I love this car but I think it's time to move on to something newer. My water pump is leaking, bad. I just read the timing belt needs to be removed to get to the water pump? Not happy to say the least. Why didn't the service tech recommend that last year when I had the timing belt replaced!? Some people... it wasn't the dealer tho. I could do it myself, but I don't have the time or money for this kind of fix. No pics, its just your average looking SC.
Old 02-07-15, 09:32 AM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might seem intimidating at first, but read and enjoy the fact you own a great car that will turn heads, whether you see em or not. I was breaking my neck every time one passed so I had to have one.
Old 02-07-15, 02:46 PM
massakill
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone,

Just purchased my 1995 SC400!

A little background:

My first car ever was a 95 SC400 (104k miles, fair condition) purchased for $3k. Of course, being young, I ended up crashing my car, and at the time I only had liability insurance. ( Because I was in college and needed a car, I ended up replacing with a 98 Chevy Monte Carlo that was in cheap with low miles on the engine but in fairly poor cosmetic condition.

This week, I finally got a SC400 back. 1 owner, always dealer serviced, 106k, clean title, complete stock (except for some sort of Motorola hands free phone receiver?). $5500. Check out the pictures below!

Plan is to replace the stock headunit with a Raspberry Pi based system for music, backup/dash cams, and integration with smartphone via Miracast. Then work on improving performance and handling, adding custom badge, update the front bumper to the 97+ version, and maybe two-toning the interior! All ideas for now.

I'm already excited about all the info available here on CL. Thanks!

Old 02-07-15, 04:35 PM
SittinSolo
Driver School Candidate

Default new guy from arkansas

how's it going everyone? I'm Charlie and I just purchased a 95 sc400 just afew days as a project for $800. I don't have any pics of it as the moment but ill post some soon. Have LOTS of questions as I did buy the car in less then fair cond. Maybe someone can give me some insight, the car runs fine cold start but after it starts to warm up get a hesitation and just gets worse till the car feel like it does not want to go when given gas. Any advice welcomed, thanks!
Old 02-07-15, 05:59 PM
SummerLove
Driver School Candidate

Got it. Thank you!
Old 02-09-15, 06:07 AM
SummerLove
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SC400slide
Welcome to Club Lexus. Go to your user cp, (top left hand corner) then find the "Edit Avatar" button, click it and set your avatar. The profile picture is different and appears in your user profile while the avatar is directly next to your name whenever you post.
Got it. Thank you!
Old 02-09-15, 08:47 AM
KCstateSc3
Driver School Candidate

Default Jay Jay

Hi I'm jay jay I own a 1999 sc300 black N/A just plasti dipped my wheels black and trying to upgrade it more the engine is stock and trassmission is auto.. Yeah I know... But I wanted a 2JZ single turbo swap to be put in and A 5 speed just need help getting the right stuff to do it but yeah I'll post pics
Old 02-09-15, 01:36 PM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I think he meant to post here!

Originally Posted by baphomit
This is how I got her, but this is not how she will be finished...

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!