Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Old 07-24-14, 04:07 PM   #3901
97DWPSC3
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Hey guys, Im a returning member of CL. Was pretty active when I bought the car in 08, and now Im back with a username and password I will actually remember! My name is Matt, and I have a 1997 SC300 Diamond White Pearl. Im from New Jersey and love to play golf. Looking forward to getting back into the forums!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
97DWPSC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 07:32 PM   #3902
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400
Trader Score: (58)

Welcome everyone. Thank you for taking the time out to read the rules and tell us a little bit about yourselves.
1992 SC400, Sleeper..522RWHP - 93 octane, 1JZ, BW S366, Soarer R154, ACT Stage 4, 800cc, DM LW Flywheel, MINZ FPR, 3" Exhaust, HKS CF Slip on, HKS BOV, Tial 44 WG, BC 264 Cams, AEM gauges, AEM V2, MKIV Auto LSD!
Follow my build thread.....http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...and-links.html
Jay's Interior....http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-4...y-1jzpwrd.html
1JZPWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 07:28 AM   #3903
jimmymac30
Driver School Candidate

Hello all! My Name is Jim McLaughlin and I am from Chicago, IL. I am not new to the Lexus community but I am new to the forum and I just recently purchased a 1997 Black/Tan SC300 automatic. It is completely stock and in excellent shape. I don't know what I am going to do with it just yet. Probably park it in the garage and look at it for a while. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.
jimmymac30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 08:20 AM   #3904
Matthew1
Driver School Candidate

Default New SC400 member

I own a 1992 SC400. I intend turning into a "track" car.I will use a company here in Summerville South Carolina called Show Zone, despite the name they build race cars, drift cars, and auto crossers. I have seen bits and pieces of the despised drag racers laying around. Show Zone is very professional and quality seems their highest priority. I want to keep it normally aspirated, but I must admit the fuel injection system is a visual, -- yuck. Also getting my hands on a set of shop manuals has been frustrating. I live in a nursing home due to congestive heart failure. I recently fixed a fellows 1982 Rolls-Royce for the fun of it. It hadn't run in years. The hardest part was persuading the owner it could be fixed. I let some of his mechanics install the new parts but I ended up haveing to do it all over my self. Being under a 6700 pound car suspended by jack stands and hydraulic floor jacks for about two weeks was a real thrill. The Rolls also had some odd electrical gremlins. I fixed everything including the electrical gremlins, without the expedient of jumpers, running new wire, or any of the other work arounds. My cardiologist and the nursing home had a fit when they found out what I was up to. Once finished the owner and his mechanics thought I was the second coming. Any way the fuel injection system on my SC400 is a real aesthetic downer.

PS The car club I hang around with is called The Dark Side, and Show Zone has a very interesting FB page displaying the level of work they do, in fact they just finished an SC300 they turned in to a full on race car..

Last edited by Matthew1; 08-05-14 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: spelling
Matthew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 08:32 AM   #3905
Matthew1
Driver School Candidate

Sounds fun, I have contacted Kelford in New Zealand for , to 1JZPWRD

Last edited by Matthew1; 07-31-14 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: add name observation intended for
Old 08-01-14, 08:01 PM   #3906
drareg
Driver School Candidate

Hai, guise!

My name is Gerard and I'm in the US Air Force. I just moved to Little Rock AFB, Arkansas! I figured there wouldn't be much to do out here so I decided I'd give cars a try. I never worked on cars, but many of my friends do so I'll be getting a lot of help from them.

Today, I picked up a manual 1995 SC300 wif dat 2JZ lol.. Should be fun!

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by drareg; 08-01-14 at 08:19 PM..
drareg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 01:46 PM   #3907
rja
Driver School Candidate

Default New owner of 93 SC400

I have been member of club for a while. Also have 99 ES300 with O/D problem. New to social media , posting, threads, and such. My SC is white , in very good shape and only has 65,000 miles on it. Interestingly, I bought it from same person who owned a 2001 Honda S2000 that I bought about 10 years ago. Small world. I am hoping to get some performance tips from this site. Would love to add some horsepower.
rja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 08:34 PM   #3908
Matthew1
Driver School Candidate

Default tear it apart

Its interesting reading the different types of posters and posts. My first inclination whenever I buy a new car is to rip the interior out and throw it away. Then take everything else apart that will come apart and sand/media blast everything in sight. The first car I have had much to do with was in 1972ish and it was a Porsche 914/6, our first move was to saw the windshield off. But then thats just me and the type of guys I hang out with. we raced it very successfully in SCCA C Production Sports Car. I can't remember ever losing a race with it. So, the short term goal with my 1992 SC400 is to tear it apart. I will chronicle that both here and on my facebook page. Hope to meet some like minded types here as time goes by.
Ian
Old 08-03-14, 09:55 AM   #3909
Matthew1
Driver School Candidate

I keep introducing my self, and still get e-mails asking me to introduce my self. Whats up with that, moderator? I notice that two of my introductions although there yesterday are now missing? Again whats up with that? I've never had a harder time joining a group I am absolutely dying to join and get to know people. Dear Moderator thanks for any help.
Ian
Old 08-03-14, 09:58 AM   #3910
Matthew1
Driver School Candidate

I found them they are still there Mr. Moderator. Onward, why do I keep getting the e-mails to introduce myself although I have done it several times now?
Old 08-03-14, 12:50 PM   #3911
kungpoof
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the block!

Hey all, just became the proud owner of a 1995 Lexus SC400! It's gold, 148k on the clock (pics to come soon!), and has been a blast to drive (literally just got home with it).

It's got some quirks I need to go through (speedo and gas gauge don't work, some of the dash lights don't come on, A/C light randomly flashes and I have to hit it a few times for the A/C to kick in, need inside door handles...etc) but I'm looking forward to getting her back to new and enjoying the experience along the way.

It's so great to see an active community for the car that seems very knowledgable and ready to help. I hope to add something of value to the team and get this party started!

Thanks!
kungpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 05:40 PM   #3912
chillchewy
Driver School Candidate

Default hi im new to club lexus

hi i am jonathan chewy. (yes it is my real last name) I have recently bought an 95 sc300 with 187.000 miles on it i did not know it had a bad head gasket but i only paid 1000 for it so not a terrible deal i knew i needed some work im wondering which gasket kit i should get thats worth the price. im thinking of getting a felpro kit for now and when i have more money get a tt gasket and go na-t but i also am gonna go with a manual swap here is my bad boy

Last edited by chillchewy; 08-03-14 at 05:45 PM..
chillchewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 05:54 AM   #3913
kungpoof
Driver School Candidate

Default Pics as promised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungpoof View Post
Hey all, just became the proud owner of a 1995 Lexus SC400! It's gold, 148k on the clock (pics to come soon!), and has been a blast to drive (literally just got home with it).

It's got some quirks I need to go through (speedo and gas gauge don't work, some of the dash lights don't come on, A/C light randomly flashes and I have to hit it a few times for the A/C to kick in, need inside door handles...etc) but I'm looking forward to getting her back to new and enjoying the experience along the way.

It's so great to see an active community for the car that seems very knowledgable and ready to help. I hope to add something of value to the team and get this party started!

Thanks!

1995 Lexus SC400

1995 Lexus SC400

1995 Lexus SC400

1995 Lexus SC400
kungpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 01:26 PM   #3914
Yohan84
Driver School Candidate

Default New to this Lexus thing....

what up yall, I'm new to having a Lexus I'm liking it so far. I have a 92 sc400 that's black in color with gray inside I just got last Saturday It's running great but needs a little work. I'm from Portland ,OR and would like to go to some meets and get to know more about these cars. Planning to do a tranny swap to 5 speed and a 1jz a little later.....

P.S Pics coming soon.....
Yohan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 06:54 PM   #3915
Matthew1
Driver School Candidate

I don't know why everytime I visit here to post my previous posts seems to disappear and then reappear. I must say as 32 year veteran of working with military computer systems, including design, I find this ones pecularities baffling. Any way, on to the good news, the title situation for my 1992 SC400 is now straightened out. But the car has not been registered in something like 4 to 6 years and getting officially recognized as existing again by the DMV is gonna be fun. I am a very stubborn and persistent person, and I have a high tolerance for nonsense, in other words I am a very mellow dude. I found when working with the Navy that getting excited just doesn't help, clear logical progress gets the job done and keeps blood pressure low. Some of course don't see it that way but they tend to be unhappy people alot of the time. The car should be in my personal possession here at the nursing home in seven days, Wednesday next week. I am going to chronicle on Facebook and on this forum every step of the process, so the first pics will go up in a week and I know that the ripping out of the innterior is already well under way, LOL. Fortunately that is my goal to basically have no interior at all. The first pics you will see are in the as found condition, and mechanically it seems quite sound, but we are gonna take most of that apart too. I have already contacted Kelford in New Zealand, and I even wrote a letter to Ed Pink about the fuel injection set up he used on the Indy Ford engine for a recent issue of Hot Rod, and interestingly he had some leads he put me onto for eight trumpet fuel injection systems for the 1NU-FE engine, I hope I got that right, I am just getting use to that designation for the engine. Obviously the pistons have to go and a more modern ring package too. But WOW Ed Pink told me were to look for what I wanted, how cool is that? Pics coming in the as found condition next.. Ian Divertie

Last edited by Matthew1; 08-05-14 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-05-14, 06:54 PM

Tags
1993, 92, 93, gray, green, knock, lexus, lip, lowered, lug, nice, nuts, pitch, rims, rod, sc300, sc400, thread, whats, wheels, wise