SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-11, 04:32 PM
jaecques
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, i'm Mike Jaecques (pronounced "jakes" and its Belgian not french!) and i've been reading countless threads on here and haven't replied to anything because i've only been doing regular maintenance on my 1993 sc4. now im getting ahead financially (i'm 19 and in college for automotive tech) and its time to map out my overhaul and get involved in the community. I'm in Canada (not too far north, only Toronto area) so the weather proves to be a challenge to be subtle about it. Anyways, my sc has 301,000kms on it with not too much wrong with it. i picked it up in july this summer for $1100 (he wanted $2000) and the only things i've been able to do in terms of restoration have been painting the chewed up front end and defogging the headlights (oven method). it needs a new windshield as it was struck quite hard in the front end while in the previous owners possession. it also mis-aligned the bumper and front left fender. no frame damage as my brother (experienced tech) and i saw. i'm planning to totally murder this car out and add some cool "gizmos" just for fun. oh, another fun thing i found out when i went to register my car is i am the 23rd owner... yeah.. shes a lady of the night but i plan to be her last man (haha).

so now for a list of what needs to be fixed and what i want to do just to make it unique to myself. both of my cats are toast, and i'm currently getting about 400km to the tank (yes that does suck), but this week i'm getting a couple magnaflows (cheapies) to hopefully get my mpg's to a reasonable level until i can get an x-pipe and a couple mufflers. the left rear wheel bearing is toast, i know something in that suspension assy is bent, creating more stress on the bearing and thats why it failed. the drive clean test guy broke my inside door handle off (i know, wtf?). i respect the namakichi sound system in it for what it was in the 90s but i think its pretty terrible, so a new sound system will be done by summer. id like to modernize the interior as much as possible and make everything black (i have the tan and grey interior), new suspension, 18+" rims (i have 16" supra mk3s on it now), BFI, auto couture kit, HID lows highs and fogs, W58 tranny swap, torsen rear diff, ls400 bigger brakes, lextech instrument cluster, navvy, flat black paint.... i can go on forever because i've literally spent hundreds of hours researching and admiring other peoples projects. Gary Bonner seems to be my twin because before i saw his sc i was planning on going low, flat black, vertex kit and the 20" m6 replicas with a little bit of camber. now that ive seen his, there is no way i'm going to copy his car. hopefully this is enough info for you guys to get a good idea of who i am and what i'm about. Cheers!
Old 01-23-11, 05:27 PM
el400
Rookie

Whats up fellow sc owners im new to the sc's crew. Before i use to just drive and work on honda's all day.But now i have a sc and im ready to make it clean and hopefully 2jz swap it.nice to meet u all .
Old 01-23-11, 07:52 PM
Lexxxysc
Driver School Candidate

Hey whats up my name is Cristian i currently drive s red sc300. i stay in southbay
Old 01-24-11, 01:01 PM
MassAppeal
Driver School Candidate

Hey there, name's Ben from "hicktown" Cheyenne, Wyoming. I am admittedly new to the whole lexus thing, and through some research and with a little bit of patience I have picked up what I believe to be a rare original five speed SC300. I hope to be able to upgrade the transmission as well as add some power either by way of adding a turbocharger or swapping in a JZ series engine and hope to share the build with everyone here. I've seen this forum on youtube a few times and know a couple of things such as the bar has been set rather high, and as a combined group to be some of the most knowledgeable people on this platform. I hope I can do us proud!
Old 01-25-11, 07:28 AM
DxSEO
Driver School Candidate

Default Just Wana Say hi to all

hi

i am new here

just wana say hi to all

DxSEO
Old 01-25-11, 07:37 AM
EastSC3
Driver

Here why dont you introduce yourself in this Thread....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...self-here.html
Old 01-25-11, 07:39 AM
Sidesweep
Driver

Originally Posted by EastSC3
Here why dont you introduce yourself in this Thread....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...self-here.html
+1, exactly what i was going to say, but welcome to the club!
Old 01-25-11, 08:03 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Welcome to the Club. Come down to Fort collins sometime. Also if you want a JZ motor and W58 i have one! it is currently trying to pass emissions then after that, Swap for my other 1J that i know wont pass the test. I will pass emissions TODAY with the motor that is going to be up for sale
Old 01-25-11, 11:48 AM
jaycin
Driver School Candidate

Hello to all forum members. Name is Jaycin here from Dallas. Enjoy Super Bowl 45 and our beautiful new stadium!
Old 01-25-11, 10:43 PM
Milenkoben
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, new here. Had a 94 es300 but I hated it so I didn't look into anything like this for that car much. I recently purchased a 1jz sc400. It needs a little work but I love it already. I hope you guys are dry to help me because I'm definitely gonna have some questions lol.
Old 01-26-11, 02:59 PM
Ralfx
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone. I'm from Poland (in Europe). At first, sorry for my English, still learning. I'm driving '95 SC300 with manual transmission whith was actually the main reason why i bought it.
I came here looking for parts and modification tips as I'm going to build a car that I will use for drifting championships in Poland. There isn't much to talk about my ride couse I'm already starting my story with the SC. There is TT LSD already and in few days I'm going to swap LS brake calipers and TT master cylinder. New 18" chrom wheels should be in my place soon.
The community already helped me, now I'm hoping I'll be able to help others.

Ralf

Last edited by Ralfx; 01-26-11 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-26-11, 05:16 PM
R3Y
Rookie

Default Hai Guys!

My name is Rey from Florida! I bought an SC300 about a year ago simply for the fact that it has one of the strongest blocks out of japan. Anyway I'm here mainly to share knowledge.
About the car: its a 1993 SC300; and the mods i have done to it are simply rims and a short ram intake with a K&N* filter. the car is very dirty so
Here is a crappy pic:
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-dsc_0229.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-dsc_0224.jpg  

Last edited by R3Y; 01-27-11 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-29-11, 08:53 PM
jaskren
Driver School Candidate

Default New here,

Hello, I'm John and own a 95 SC400. Pearly white with black insides.
I've had her for some time and put four sets of tires on sense the purchase, They last about a year or so.
It's been stock and has over 200,000. I love the car except all the dents every
body else seems to enjoy putting in the car......Never let the girl friend drive it..
Sense I have all this body repair coming up I'm thinking about adding some horse
power. Intake and Cam work. The trans doesn't like second, it's ok unless I play.
I'm looking for black interior and pearly white body parts, along with a bunch of other stuff.
Any resources or suggestions would be great.
I love this car a lot. sense I haven't found a four seater coup that compares unless it has a V12.
I'm going to keep on loving it, A lot! And the girl friend is moving back to her mothers........in a Geo.
Old 02-01-11, 05:00 PM
driftboy
Rookie

yo whats up people this John out of VA been around this forum for a bit but I just recently got my soarer got tired of the 240 thing! Going to a massive make over with this car! And hopefully do my first build thread with this car.
Old 02-01-11, 06:53 PM
SC400Drift
Driver School Candidate

Hello Jon from NJ got 93 SC400 and 92 SC300 W/1jzgte auto swap.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!