SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How did you become aware of the SC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-11, 10:32 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts
Default How did you become aware of the SC?

When I was 16 I went to my stepfathers dealership where he was the GM in 1993. It was directly across from Lexus of Chattanooga. I decided to go in for kicks and they had a renaissance red sc400 with a gold package on the showroom floor with zero miles. I had never seen anything more perfect in my life, but at the time didn't pay attention to the model. In 2002 I finally ran into another one and bought it on the spot after a test drive. I had forgotten about my run in with the sc400 in 1993 until almost 3 years after I had owned my first SC. When I remembered it was the brand new sc400 that had impressed me so much as a kid I was pleasantly surprised to remember telling myself that day "I'll have one of these one day". By accident, I was right! 9 years and 3 sc's later it looks like I was right from the very start. Love it.....
Old 11-23-11, 10:36 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

I've asked myself this before and my brother and neither one of us can remember. I just remember going out, test driving a 96 sandstone 5spd several years ago and I got hooked. I had to have one.
Old 11-23-11, 10:45 PM
SadPanda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Town I live in has a massive JDM scene. I literally see 3 different r32 gtr's every day, and a whole slew of other RHD cars from Japan. Tons of FD's and various Nissan/ Toyota cars with turbo engines. Not surprisingly, people also import soarers.

I remember there was one really clean green one in town for a while (this is all about 5 years ago). Sick stance, sounded good etc.

I remember driving around with my friend in his 4 door R32 and going, 'Man, your skyline is sweet, but THAT is a nice car'.

For some reason I always thought they were super expensive, but lo and behold, I bought a 97 5spd for under 5K.

I think the very first time I can really remember seeing SC's and remembering them (I'm sure I saw SC's in the 90s, just never paid attention to them back then), was in the SC's gone wild vids. I know, I'm a noob.
Old 11-23-11, 10:50 PM
Kayasith95
Driver

SCs gone wild ...

jk i came across the sc by accident i was looking at the IS models because i always loved the 2jz it seemed like an easier alternative from a $25000 supra but then i read somewhere about the SC so i went searching around. I looked it up saw some pics read some info and i loved it it was like a supra in disguise with a beautiful body of a lexus.
Old 11-23-11, 10:54 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Remember when was a kid seeing an SC for the first time in a TV series, and I thought it was so unique. Years later my cousin picked up a sc400 and I really liked the ride quality, of course though Sc's gone wild did the trick like it did w/ many on here, lucky enough later on I found a 97 sc300 5spd locally so I forgot about the s14 kouki I found in OC an picked me up a Lexus I'll enjoy for a long time.
Old 11-23-11, 11:04 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking for a car when I was 16 and I wanted a honda accord v6 My brother told me to get an sc300 because it has "the supra engine" Then once I owned the car I absolutely hated it because I wanted a civic.. Then I discovered soarers that drift.
Old 11-23-11, 11:09 PM
Keiffith
Rookie

Surprisingly enough I had never even heard of sc's until a month ago. I've been a hardcore beretta lover and was told by a 240sx fanatic (owns a jy with 15 for parts and 4-5 running) that if I ever grew out of berettas that I should look at a lexus sc300 or sc400. Test drove one 2 weeks ago and can't wait to buy one.
Old 11-23-11, 11:11 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Have a friend who's older brother bought one and lightly modded it, I thought it looked pretty good. (I had a 91 Civic hatch at the time)
Someone then ran into the back of the Civic totalling it, and I just happened to see a black 1992 SC400 sitting in a car lot around my area so without much looking around, I went ahead and picked it up.
Old 11-23-11, 11:43 PM
808Sc5spd
Rookie

Wanted a supra so bad in high school but knew I could never get one for a decent price or even see one for sale in Hawaii. After graduating and getting deeper into the car scene I saw a sc300 on one of the car cruises not knowing much about it except that it was a Lexus.......so I wasn't wowed. But everyone started to crowd around it looking at the engine bay. I went over to take a look and it was a boosted 2jz......I was like wow this guy swapped a 2jz into this Lexus??? My friends laughed at me......no man this Lexus comes with the 2jz motor the guys jus boosted it. They also went on to say that it was 5spd and it's rare to find an sc stick.....so from there on I went hunting to get one as a cheaper alternative.

In 07 I found one on craigslist in Hawaii but was to late and it was sold. I ended up getting a 2003 g35 coupe 6spd and til this date have modded the **** out of it. In 2010 a jade green 5spd one popped up and I wanted it so bad but didnt have the money for it at the time so I talked my girlfriend into buying it in hopes of buying it from her later on.

Finally in October of this year I have money and I'm jus searching craigslist for a daily. On the day I'm suppose to go look at a boosted s14 the guy flakes on me....so I decide to look on craigslist again and I see a 95 red sc300 5spd for sale.......I couldn't believe it.....call the guy up meet him up and pick it up the next day.

Finally got my sc and I'm happy
Old 11-24-11, 12:51 AM
jrowedem
Driver School Candidate

I've barely seen these cars at all until a few years ago.. i went to a tower car meet one night.. it seem like they all came out of the wood works... there were at least 20+ SC and about 5 supra's even some from titan motorsports.. I was a Nissan fan and didn't pay much attention... especially when an R33 turned up and stole the show...

haven't even considered them until about a year ago as i was getting tired of my beater maxima i searched High and low all I've seen were S14's and S13', 300ZX's, G35's and 350Z's were all expensive as hell even the ZX which i had wanted since i was a child...

Well fast forward to about 6 months ago.. I'm home on R&R Cruising down the Highway on GSXR600 in the middle of the night and out of nowhere a red one fly's past me... I wouldn't have given a second thought but i was doing 100 even... I tried to catch the guy but he was gone... I've worked with car all my life and haven't seen one like it.... a few days Later I was head home, when i seem a beautiful Platinum metallic silver...

I spun around and tried to talk to the dealer but the man said he was closing... and to come back tomorrow.. his rude behavior made me forget that place... but i knew it was a silver or Black with Black interior SC300 was the next car i was gonna get an i Just got my wish all for 3K delivered while oversea my family told it arrived... but i have even gotten the chance to see it yet :/
Old 11-24-11, 01:03 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sc's gone wild did it for me....i went out and bought a white one the next week...
Old 11-24-11, 01:04 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

"Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero" for the PS2 was what got me to notice the SC (No joke)...Later on, A co-worker told me that the SC can have a 2JZ-GTE transplanted into it, After extensive research, I found that It was Toyota made and RWD...I had to have one.
Old 11-24-11, 01:08 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scviolence
sc's gone wild did it for me....i went out and bought a white one the next week...
Yup,

Sold my 240, a few weeks later and then picked up a SC.
Old 11-24-11, 03:24 AM
vr4gt
Driver School Candidate

my wife owned the car when i met her so i inherited it. the funny things i that i was looking to buy a car that could be fun and a dd. i was looking into m3s legacies is350s and so on. i only recently found out about the 2jz swap and now i have a project car that will be a great dd someday. yay.
Old 11-24-11, 05:31 AM
MumRah
Rookie

actually i first saw the owner of the performance tuning garage where probably the sickest and fastet cars come out of where i live and he has a 500 whp black sc400 5 spd. with a 2jz moded to the core at the time i had a silvia s13 and a friend of mine actually bought a white soarer and i told him that car would be mine one way or another til one day he said dude i like your car would you like to..... b4 he finished i had pitched the silvia keys to his chest while taking the soarer keys and that was it hooked!

Quick Reply: How did you become aware of the SC?