SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How did you become aware of the SC?

Old 12-05-11, 01:22 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

[QUOTE=matrixgts;6849367]
Originally Posted by S0ulTuner

I know where a grand national is waiting for a new owner.
I wish were in a financial position to take you up on that information. I love those cars. I prefer the Regal T-Type versions more than the GN's (same cars) but they're something else. Ballistic refridgerators. That's a good thing.
Old 05-20-13, 09:30 AM
JahKno
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always liked supras ever since I saw the movie fast and furious, but found they were to expensive.
I saw alot of sc's in my hometown and I saw the video sc's gone wild and then I found out that the supra and sc had the same chasis and engine, therefore I had to get one.
Old 05-20-13, 09:41 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

I am a might older than a lot of you so my first SC was the first year '92 SC300 which I waited to come out as the SC400 hit the US market first. I did not get to drive it very long when first purchased but it stayed in the family. Got it back in mid 2011 and now starting to chip away at getting it close to what some of you have done except for major engine enhancements as I do not plan to race it or blow away those Euro cars on the street....
Old 05-20-13, 11:11 AM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dad's friend had one. I told his friend jokingly that if ever you decide to sell it I'd buy it. Fast foward to a year after that my dad calls me and says that his friend is selling his SC. I sell my 98 Corolla for $5000 and buy his 92 Lexus SC400 for $4300. Best deal ever. The car was mint, and maintained at the Lexus dealership it's whole life. It was like stepping in a time machine with the factory phone and nakimichi system in mint condition.

I knew nothing about SC's when I picked the car up. Since then I've learn a lot about the car and I'm still learning today. I've learning a lot more about the mechanics of the car in the process. The SC is like the greatest platform to build on to make whatever you want your dream car to be. It can be a luxury car, drag car, drifter and race car. Basically does everything. Cheapest platform to build a supercar with
Old 05-20-13, 11:46 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I decided to buy a used car and started by looking for the best passenger car motors and trannys ever made. I came upon the 1UZFE at intellexual.net via a web search. I then looked up the car it was in...... the Sc400. When i saw a picture I thought AWESOME! I remember seeing that car in the street in the 90's and absolutely LOVING IT, especially the rear end.
I started looking that very day.
I was/am obsessed!
I found mine in Boston 2-3 months later.
Old 05-20-13, 12:04 PM
RedVex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

checking craigslist for cars, seen the 2jz-gte swapped 97 sc300, went to orlando that week and bought it cash. Best decision i've mad so far.
Old 05-20-13, 02:36 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4 years ago I saw a red SC300 lowered, with nice rims and the JIC Magic body kit driving by me and I wanted it so bad.

1 year ago I bought this car and the PO showed me a few pictures of it next to his brothers SC... lo and behold it was the same one I saw that day 4 years ago. I'd never seen something that looked like it belonged on the road more than that SC, and it showed me the potential these cars could have. When I found out it came with a 2j and a 5 speed I was pretty much sold, as before then the only engine I knew about was the V8.
Old 05-20-13, 02:59 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually hated SC's and thought they were the uglies cars ever. I have no idea how but i traded my LS400 clean title with a cam seal leak and faded paint for a rebuilt titled sc400. since i got the car i had replaced the window regulators, new ish door panels, got some 18's from a tc on it and in the process of saving up for PBM's and a new head unit since the car came with a cd player from an ES300 that doesnt work and i want pandora and ipod connectivity. looking into a w58 or ka24 5 speed swap for the car as well.
and i have a passionate hate for two doors too. so me owning this car makes no sense but i actually love it.

Last edited by SC4Paulo; 05-20-13 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-20-13, 03:54 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to be on the GS forums and one day I was looking thru some of the other forums to see what other people posted on the other Lexus brands. When I came across the SC forum I saw how nice these cars looked and was impressed with what u cud do with them. I told myself if I ever wrecked my GS I wud get an SC.
Well 4 months later I totaled my GS and I knew exactly what car I wanted to get after I got my insurance money.
Old 05-20-13, 06:59 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I was smitten when I first saw the car's debut in June 1991. Drove the car (had to go to another Lexus dealer to be able to drive it) and placed my order on the spot. Took 6 months for delivery for my choice of color and options. I still have the car. Enough said.
Old 05-20-13, 07:36 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It's my first car.
Back in 2010 my brother said I should really consider this black on black SC300 when he was looking for a car for me. I had no idea what the SC even looked like, I just trusted that he thought it was a cool car and just accepted it.

On the drive home I thought the interior was pretty beat up and the butterfly cup holder was pretty weird, I also thought the grip handles were in a weird place (my brother said he liked that and thought they looked sporty). Now I feel like it's more comfortable to have it in that spot.

Over the 3 years I've had this car I've been researching and looking up what people usually do to these cars and I realize it has tons of potential. I'd been adding more to my plans to my car before I even had a job to realistically have these mods. I must say that I've embraced my first car for what it is
Old 05-26-13, 10:13 AM
- V -
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 121 Posts

it was simple for me. I was looking for a car and saw an SC drive by on the street. i liked the look of the car but it being a lexus i immediately assumed i wouldnt afford it so i didnt give it much thought. A few years later i was looking for a car again so i decided to look it up just for kicks. realized it was in my price range so i got it. Since then i like it more each time i drive it.
Old 05-26-13, 10:26 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I saw one a long time ago, but yet in my land of fantasy it would NEVER be a reality. Over 6 years ago, it happened. A friend of mine at work, had one and it wasn't for sale. I told him to give me first shot if he ever wanted to get rid of it. Well low and behold, I received a call. He said it was for sale and he wanted pay off, which was $2048. I couldn't write him a check fast enough. Been addicted ever since...
Old 05-26-13, 11:54 AM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always liked the SC, but it never stood out me as a car that I could actually own. I always just assumed, oh its a Lexus, it's out of my reach. Until back in the summer of 2011, I saw a red 400, lowered, 18's, nice exhaust, etc. and I fell in love. I can't find the old cell phone picture, but here it is... (a forum member on here bought it, and totaled it earlier this year I believe... )

As soon as I sold my old Cavalier, the hunt began. I could've had this exact car because he was selling it at the time, but it was more expensive and had 200,000+ miles on it. While the owner was a Lexus Tech at the local dealer, I just wanted something stock I could make my own, and in September of 2011, I found my SC and I still love it every day, nearly 2 years later.
Old 05-26-13, 01:17 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my teens (90's) I was into the hip hop scene trying to promote rap events and parties with mixtape DJ's at the time like Ron G, Tony Touch etc... and the Lexus brand at the time was KING. This was clear when the movie Belly show cased the GS in a shootout scene while showcasing with the likes of Mercedes etc.. My senior year a close friend leased a 1995 SC300 Blue manual coupe and put on some racing harts and was the absolute man lol! Those were good times. After years of owning many cars i actually sold my Z33 for my low mileage GS and sold my SR powered S14 for my 1995 5spd SC300.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How did you become aware of the SC?