Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-06-11, 12:48 PM
soLow1jzSC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by czar07
step one: remove all your ac ****
step two: wind the windows down..
thats what i was thinking. with some window visors for when it rains. i got no A/C right now, and i can keep my windows slightly open when it rains, and its tolerable.

a roof scoop is different, but IMO not appropriate on certain applications. maybe if the SC had big fenders and tires and AWD, then you could go that route.
Old 11-06-11, 01:10 PM
Exthultu
Pole Position

I really don't see a point to it.
Old 11-06-11, 01:32 PM
Arkansas
Pole Position

The point is to break the norm of everybody having sunroofs in their SCs. Im not goin for performance like I stated. And I also said that it may not function as I want it to also. Am planning on other ways to cut weight and later some modifacations to the motor hopefully. But nothing extreme like the guy runnin 600hp on e85 lol
Old 11-06-11, 01:45 PM
Exthultu
Pole Position

I say just do a sunroof delete. If you want a custom scoop, go for it. Just don't use it as the circulation system.
Old 11-06-11, 02:13 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

you might get a few looks from the kids in their slammed almost stock Honda's, but from anyone that truly appreciates cars, chances are you will be laughed at...

trust me man, I've gone the route of unique - I had a bright green 3000GT, carbon fiber hood... cool car, well, sure... I had it before Fast and the Furious, and when the movie came out, the Eclipse in there was almost a copy of my car, color scheme...

What do I drive now? A stock appearing IS300... looks stock from the outside, and I plan on keeping it that way... (for now, it has Emanage, AEM UEGO, and will be installing bigger injectors soon) I don't want the attention from the punk kid in a Civic, period... as soon as winter is over, she's getting a turbo kit and a built transmission... save the money you would spend (that won't net even close to a faster car), and spend it on making the car faster or look better the right way... perhaps some Supra shocks and 1" lowering springs, nice aftermarket wheels and tires, or if you want more power, a turbo kit....
Old 11-06-11, 05:51 PM
Arkansas
Pole Position

I dont know any kids in my area that drive hondas...everybody is in lifted trucks or mustangs and camaros. I do have friends that have civics and porches. My friends civic is a honey mustard color with a cf hood and other mods so I know theu wont mind lol
Old 11-06-11, 09:48 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Arkansas, I can understand your interest in trying something out of the norm and roof scoops do have a purpose and even an advantage in RACING applications but I really cannot stress enough my recommendation to go against this idea unless you are going to strip out your car, weld in a roll cage and make it a dedicated track car.

At the very least, if you are set on this, make it a functional modification, design a way to seal the system from rain with in the event of a storm and spend the money to get the seams welded smoothly around the area where you used to have a sunroof. That, and there is no reason to remove the A/C system unless you are planning to make a track car.

It's just a LOT of work for something that will look like it belongs on a dedicated drift car with no interior.

We're not trying to shoot down creativity here and at least in my case I can agree with you that a roof scoop generally looks cool on some cars that are in full racing trim-- especially rally cars.

It's just that in those rare cases there is still only a marginal benefit to doing this but roof or side window scoops with air ducts are added to racing cars because they are a couple of the last options available to help the driver out when there is no A/C system. It also only works when the car is driven flat out at fairly high speeds.

To do it just to be different or make a show car look interesting is all well and good but it really is a lot of expensive, custom work with little to no benefit in a normal daily driver.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 11-06-11 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-07-11, 09:09 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So you have a better idea that this isn't a good idea.
Old 11-07-11, 10:24 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ soo sexy
Old 11-10-11, 08:06 AM
MumRah
Rookie

if you want to be different paint your car pink with zebra print interior pretty sure itll be the only Sc in the world looking like that
Old 11-10-11, 10:59 AM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

man i get your desire to be different, we all have that, but in my personal and honest opinion dont go for it.
Old 11-10-11, 07:11 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some fuel in your fire

Tape!

Wrap!

Spread resin!

Remove!

Beef it up!

Trim and install!!!

Flame ON!
Old 11-10-11, 07:12 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah.....and PAINT!!!!!

LOL havent got there yet
Old 11-10-11, 07:47 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.rcramer.com/fun/econobox/

Read that, and if you're still serious about putting on a hood scoop because racecar, then kindly turn your keys in to the nearest Lexus enthusiast who won't ruin the car.

Quick Reply: Roof scoop?