SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

92 SC400 Viper 5701 remote start

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-11, 04:16 PM
jdmloyal2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 SC400 Viper 5701 remote start

im trying to install a viper 5701 remote start and i have ran into some problems. When trying to activate remote start the remote sends me a fault code and the unit makes a clicking sound for about 5 seconds. The way that i have it wired gives me no power to my instrument panel. The ignition harness color codes i grabbed from lextreme.com. Paired everything to my best judgement and i just need help at this ponit. I made a diagram showing how i have everything wired and will also include pics of the viper quick reference quide. If anyone notices anything wrong in my wiring let me know.

H2 18 pin harness could someone please let me know where the grounds/connectors are for pins h2/10 - h2/14. Does the ignition harness have a ground if so where?

Also from the H3 10 pin connector i have did not wire in the h3/8 pink/black + flex relay input 87a key side (if required) of flex relay. I have no idea where it goes?

Tachometer wire could someone verify where it is i have found two different locations online
1. white connector rear passenger strut tower
2. igniter passenger fender

link to lextreme wiring information
http://lextreme.com/sc92.pdf

Thanks in advanced

My wiring diagram the way i have everything wired now

Viper quick reference guide

Old 10-07-11, 01:15 PM
impact
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hook the red, red/black, red/white to a constant 12 volt source. That will get you powered up on the internal relays needed to get the remote start working.

Tach wire can be left off, just set the alarm to virtual tach setting by going through the manual

I'm just assuming this is an auto car so ground the neutral safety wire (black/white)

Also need to change the transmission setting on the alarm to auto

Also make sure that the doors and hood are closed when you try to remote start the car. The remote start will not function without any of these things done. Hope that helps if you didn't already get it done
Old 10-07-11, 06:15 PM
phrozen
Lead Lap

only a few things will stop the alarm from engaging the remote start portion.

-the black/white wire is not grounded
- the 2pin black toggle switch is not plugged in and set to "on"
- the "brake shutdown wire(brown)" is seeing a + voltage signal
- the hoodpin switch is seeing a ground signal
- you need to program the alarm for automatic transmission which is under mode 3 option 1 or 2

thats all i can think of interms of the remote start not cranking the starter.
Old 10-10-11, 04:23 PM
jdmloyal2
Driver School Candidate

ok so i connected the black/white wire to ground
the toggle switch is plugged in and switched to the on posistion
i did not have the brake shut down wire connected but i did so today
i do not have the hood pin switch mounted (is it needed just to get the remote start going to verify i have everything wired correctly)

And i dont see anywhere in the book how to change manual transmission mode nor do i see how to adjust virtual tach am i missing a manual ?? i only have one owners guide and a quick reference guide i was reading another remote start thread on here and everyone says refer to manual but the manual just isnt offering much help to me
Old 10-11-11, 02:48 PM
impact
Driver

You dont need the hood pin hooked up for the remote start to function just make sure the wore for the hood pin isnt touching ground. There should be a section on the sheet that has the wiring diagram that says programming system features, Just look under the remote start section and it will have the transmission mode and engine cranking mode which will have the virtual tach setting on it. I'll see if i can dig up a link to that
Old 10-11-11, 02:50 PM
impact
Driver

check this link and read from page 60-65 that is the system programming menu

http://acsdistributors.com/uploads/t...%20Install.pdf
Old 10-18-11, 08:43 PM
jdmloyal2
Driver School Candidate

thanks this is really coming in handy havent gotten back around to the remote start i went ahead and wired up a few other things will keep you posted on updates and will make a easy to follow diagram, wire/connector location, and pictures for everyone on here with a 92 sc400 once i get everything 100%