SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC400 upgrade parts questions where to get

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-11, 01:30 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 upgrade parts questions where to get

I need some major help finding these last few items for my car.
I also need some feedback on some of these things so please if you have any info on the items then let me know whats good thanks!

AUTO COUTURE BODY KIT (where to get)

Supra LCA (where to get)

Supra LSD (where to get and should i get this ??? )

Coil Overs (what kind and where)

OEM Supra TT Big brake kit ( is it the best brakes for sc400 and where to get them etc)

Should i get a 145 amps Alternator to replace my regular one even if it is still good? would that be an upgrade and be better for the health of my ride in any way?

this is the list of the last few items i need to grab for my lexus sc400. and i am looking to get them new though i think a couple of these items dont come new not sure supra lsd does. thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by ScDoinIt; 10-01-11 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-01-11, 01:44 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

The first thing that you should start doin' is using the search function. Not trying to be a douche, but every one of your questions has been asked a million times by n00bs and answered almost as many, and you can find this information by searching. See what you find there, process the info, and then you're on track for asking questions.
Old 10-01-11, 03:28 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by ScDoinIt
I need some major help finding these last few items for my car.
I also need some feedback on some of these things so please if you have any info on the items then let me know whats good thanks!

AUTO COUTURE BODY KIT (where to get)

Supra LCA (where to get)

Supra LSD (where to get and should i get this ??? )

Coil Overs (what kind and where)

OEM Supra TT Big brake kit ( is it the best brakes for sc400 and where to get them etc)

Should i get a 145 amps Alternator to replace my regular one even if it is still good? would that be an upgrade and be better for the health of my ride in any way?

this is the list of the last few items i need to grab for my lexus sc400. and i am looking to get them new though i think a couple of these items dont come new not sure supra lsd does. thanks in advance!!!
I don't know if these places have the best prices you can get, but I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. These shops I'll recommend are mainly mostly Club Lexus vendors and will offer you a discount in some cases.

The authentic Auto Couture body kit can be obtained through Carson Toyota, a dealership located in California. They are a vendor on here and I believe they offer special Club Lexus member discounts. Keep in mind, the authentic kit is pretty expensive for most people, so they usually go with the Shine Auto replica kit. It's quality and fitment is very good for a replica kit.

The Supra LCA's, LSD, and OEM Supra TT brake kit can be purchased through Carson Toyota as well. Luxury mods is another option for the Supra TT brake kit or you can buy them used here on the SC400/SC300 classifieds forum here on Club Lexus. The LS400 BBK is also a great alternative to the Supra TT BBK because of price and similar performance.

Coilovers can be purchased from Carson Toyota, Luxury Mods, MVP Motorsports, and even here on the forums from other members. There are a lot of other vendors on here as well too if you check in the Vendor Markteplace forum. As far as recommendations for coilovers, what kind of drop are you looking for, what kind of ride quality do you want, and what is your price range?

You don't NEED a 145 amp alternator, but it is nice to have if you have a nice stereo system. You can purchase one through Luxury Mods as well.
Old 10-01-11, 05:47 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kira X
I don't know if these places have the best prices you can get, but I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. These shops I'll recommend are mainly mostly Club Lexus vendors and will offer you a discount in some cases.

The authentic Auto Couture body kit can be obtained through Carson Toyota, a dealership located in California. They are a vendor on here and I believe they offer special Club Lexus member discounts. Keep in mind, the authentic kit is pretty expensive for most people, so they usually go with the Shine Auto replica kit. It's quality and fitment is very good for a replica kit.

The Supra LCA's, LSD, and OEM Supra TT brake kit can be purchased through Carson Toyota as well. Luxury mods is another option for the Supra TT brake kit or you can buy them used here on the SC400/SC300 classifieds forum here on Club Lexus. The LS400 BBK is also a great alternative to the Supra TT BBK because of price and similar performance.

Coilovers can be purchased from Carson Toyota, Luxury Mods, MVP Motorsports, and even here on the forums from other members. There are a lot of other vendors on here as well too if you check in the Vendor Markteplace forum. As far as recommendations for coilovers, what kind of drop are you looking for, what kind of ride quality do you want, and what is your price range?

You don't NEED a 145 amp alternator, but it is nice to have if you have a nice stereo system. You can purchase one through Luxury Mods as well.

Thanks i sure appreciatew any real info!

How much does carson totoya sell the auto couture kit for? Back in 04 and in 07 they were selling it for 1600-1700 dollars. only reason i know is because i saw posts dated at those times
talking about auto couture kits and how much they got them for. on their website it says around 2700 or so. is that price correct? i think the 2 is supposed to be a 1.

does the shine auto replica kit have any problems bad rep?

so what is better ls400 or supra bbk? how much of price difference? is it direct bolt on to the sc400?

well my ride already is dropped and i was just looking at the different upgrades and people were listing coilovers and from what i read it looked like it was for ride qaulity while driving?????? guess i dont need them?

yeah i think the same thing as well about the 145 amp alternator, if stereo system and such its nice.

about carson toyota do they have good rep? are thier prices reasonable or is everyone getting ripped off by 40 percent beause its a dealer?

thanks kira very much appreciated!!!
Old 10-01-11, 11:56 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

im not speaking from experiance but from the posts and feedback ive seen the shine kit is supposed to be a pretty high quality replica, it gets alot of positive reviews on this site thats all I can say.
Old 10-02-11, 03:08 AM
RideSkinz
Former Sponsor

I've also heard decent things about the Shine kit, but if you plan on going low with your car look into a Polyurethane lip!
Old 10-02-11, 03:16 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by ScDoinIt
Thanks i sure appreciatew any real info!

How much does carson totoya sell the auto couture kit for? Back in 04 and in 07 they were selling it for 1600-1700 dollars. only reason i know is because i saw posts dated at those times
talking about auto couture kits and how much they got them for. on their website it says around 2700 or so. is that price correct? i think the 2 is supposed to be a 1.

does the shine auto replica kit have any problems bad rep?

so what is better ls400 or supra bbk? how much of price difference? is it direct bolt on to the sc400?

well my ride already is dropped and i was just looking at the different upgrades and people were listing coilovers and from what i read it looked like it was for ride qaulity while driving?????? guess i dont need them?

yeah i think the same thing as well about the 145 amp alternator, if stereo system and such its nice.

about carson toyota do they have good rep? are thier prices reasonable or is everyone getting ripped off by 40 percent beause its a dealer?

thanks kira very much appreciated!!!
No problem man. I think the authentic Auto Couture kit is still in the $2,000+ range. They are pretty expensive unless you can snag one during a group buy. You may want to give Carson Toyota a call and see if they'll go lower on the price for you. Ask to speak to Steve Ganz, Luis Salazar, or Jose. They'll let you know for sure.

The Shine Auto replica has an excellent reputation from what I've seen. The fitment is very close to the original and should need only a few adjustments to fit it on your SC. It's an excellent value because it's just under $1,400 shipped from Shine themselves or through MVP Motorsports. The kit is very durable and flexible, so it would be a better choice if you have bad roads.

I would say the LS400 and Supra BBK's are about equal in performance and the only real difference is price. It really just comes down to how much you are willing to spend. I plan on going the LS400 route since it would be cheaper. You can also use IS350 brakes, but I don't know too much on how that all works.

Ride quality is a big concern for some SC owners because with most coilovers, you lose the great ride quality of the stock SC. If ride quality isn't too big of a deal, BC Racing coilovers are pretty good and they're under $900 from some of our vendors on here. If ride quality is a concern, some of the higher end HKS coilovers supposedly ride smooth. My friend with an IS300 held the Stance GR+ coilovers in high regard and said the ride quality was amazing, despite his car being slammed. Coilovers are a good thing to have with the Auto Couture kit too. I recommend getting a set if you can.

Yeah, the alternator is a good choice then for a nice stereo.

Carson Toyota has an excellent reputation. They have awesome prices and offer group buys on rare parts that no one else can get. You may have to call up there to get the special Club Lexus pricing. I've ordered from them and I had a great experience.
Old 10-02-11, 09:08 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

Damn it sounds to me that shine auto is qaulity and auto couture only cost more because it is the original ad shine replicated it. i dont think it matters in real sense if its the "authentic" one or not haha w.e that means. saw shine auto site yeah 1300 or so for the whole thing. sweet.

sweet. i heard the ls400 brakes feel mushy? yeah i will do supra then.

about the coilovers. well i care alot about my ride quality for sure. i thought coilovers improves thst so now it actually is just used for ride height? will have to search that later.

i hope so i will see about if i can buy the lsd and such things from. what made ur experience so great? curios.