SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Door Speakers Not Working Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-11, 07:51 PM
JJ823
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Speakers Not Working Please Help

I have been searching for this but don't see any threads on it.

My speakers are not working but my sub is fine. Anyone ever have this problem? Is it the amp and where is it located? Is it a fuse and where is it located? It was working fine all morning until I drove it home from work. Thank you. -JJ
Old 09-18-11, 08:09 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Are you saying all the speakers are not working or just the door? Chances are the speakers are prolly dry rotted and quit or the factory amp is bad. Do you have a NAK or Pioneer system? The amp is in the trunk by the spare tire.. The known problems is that factory amp gets wet or moisture in there are fries it. Check the amp for rust or any signs of moisture.
Old 09-19-11, 05:25 AM
bugjug
Driver

Mine did that and the amp was fine, the speakers were dry rotted. Replaced them with boston acoustics s45 speakers, and everything good now...
-bug
Old 09-19-11, 08:09 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

ok here we go... ur amp is in the trunk on the right hand side under ur cd changer. if it was working fine at one point then ur amp probably got messed up. if ur speaker are bad or cracked theybshould still make noise. if it sounded fine and now it sounds bad its ur speakers. if the sound just stopped working then its ur amp.

another thing u can check is ur fuse. its located it the drivers side kick panel next to where ur left foot would be behind the rug. the fuse ur gunna look for i believe is a 7.5 and its somewhere towards the middle of the fuses. it should say something like brake light fuse. check it and even if it "looks" fine change it. or check it with a multimeter.
Old 09-19-11, 10:16 AM
bugjug
Driver

Originally Posted by cmh
ok here we go... ur amp is in the trunk on the right hand side under ur cd changer. if it was working fine at one point then ur amp probably got messed up. if ur speaker are bad or cracked theybshould still make noise. if it sounded fine and now it sounds bad its ur speakers. if the sound just stopped working then its ur amp.

another thing u can check is ur fuse. its located it the drivers side kick panel next to where ur left foot would be behind the rug. the fuse ur gunna look for i believe is a 7.5 and its somewhere towards the middle of the fuses. it should say something like brake light fuse. check it and even if it "looks" fine change it. or check it with a multimeter.
not necessarily true on speakers still making noise. Sometimes they will, but mine didn;t.
Old 09-19-11, 10:22 AM
JJ823
Driver

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Are you saying all the speakers are not working or just the door? Chances are the speakers are prolly dry rotted and quit or the factory amp is bad. Do you have a NAK or Pioneer system? The amp is in the trunk by the spare tire.. The known problems is that factory amp gets wet or moisture in there are fries it. Check the amp for rust or any signs of moisture.
Its just the door speakers. I dont know if its NAK or pioneer. While on the way to work this morning I hit a bump and all the speakers turned right back on lol. Then hit another bump they all turned off again, very annoying. It keeps doing this now. Could it be some connection with the amp? The recent service I got done was new back tires and alignment so doubt that had anything to do with it but it was working fine until then. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Last edited by JJ823; 09-19-11 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-19-11, 02:04 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bugjug
not necessarily true on speakers still making noise. Sometimes they will, but mine didn;t.
i know what ur saying thats why i said should... normally speakers dont just stop working from one sec to another. but yea u are right sometimes they do.

Originally Posted by JJ823
Its just the door speakers. I dont know if its NAK or pioneer. While on the way to work this morning I hit a bump and all the speakers turned right back on lol. Then hit another bump they all turned off again, very annoying. It keeps doing this now. Could it be some connection with the amp? The recent service I got done was new back tires and alignment so doubt that had anything to do with it but it was working fine until then. Thanks everyone for the replies.
yea it has to be the amp. and ur radio says what brand it is on it. atleast mine does. but anyhow check ur amp connections.