SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Plasti dipping whole car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-11, 10:33 AM
fatkhoa
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
to OP the picture you posted wasnt plastidip it was a flat black wide body g35.

What is this...cuz BMW, Benz etc all have an option for flat paint. In fact it cost more to have it done. My car is flat/satin black and i dont think it looks ricer!
i got the picture from another thread on here and the op on there said it was plasti dipped, so i just just wanted to share it here...

I do not intend on doing this to my car i plan on panting the whole car i just wanted to find out more info on this and see why anyone would do this and how well it worked
Old 09-14-11, 10:37 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

why are people like addicted to this stuff... lol like i have plasti dip ratchet handles but i will be damned if a SC is PLASTIDIPPED HELL NO!!!
Old 09-14-11, 10:39 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

plastidip is not a paint substitute. dont be cheap
Old 09-14-11, 11:08 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

I think it's a great idea. The Audi looked fantastic! For anyone wanting a quick, temporary change for less than $500, this is the perfect solution!!
Old 09-14-11, 11:09 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 09-14-11, 11:43 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

^^^^^lol^^^^^^
Old 09-14-11, 11:52 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
What is this...cuz BMW, Benz etc all have an option for flat paint. In fact it cost more to have it done. My car is flat/satin black and i dont think it looks ricer!
I haven't seen an OEM flat black finish yet and I detail a lot of very high end cars.

I have seen people do it right, but they spend a **** ton of money DOING it right (not the average joes, spray can paint job that I see 99% of the time).

Anyway, when in the hell did I say flat/satin black was ricer? I said PLASTIDIPPING YOUR ****ING CAR MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A RETARDED 16 YEAR OLD KID WITH $20 WHO WENT INTO LOWES AND FOUND THE CHEAPEST THING POSSIBLE TO COVER HIS OXIDIZED PAINT.

There, is that clear enough?
Old 09-14-11, 11:55 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

I would consider doing this if my paint was busted to ****, i had absolutely no money, and i got really bored and drunk one night
Old 09-14-11, 12:24 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vinh
I would consider doing this if my paint was busted to ****, i had absolutely no money, and i got really bored and drunk one night
lmao and if that..
Old 09-14-11, 12:25 PM
sc3jd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TechGreek

Toyota does make Lexus yes, but Lexus designed it in America and did not base it off something else - that to me makes it a very unique car alone, let alone all the Luxury features that a lot of modern day cars still don't have without paying out the rear for them.
Um dude really. im a very pacient person but ur ignorance pisses me off. lexus sc300/400 was the american version of te toyota soarer. really and also the soarer was made based off the mk4 supra. why u think u can take everything off a supra and put it on the sc. So if u dont know what ur talking about then just keep ur mouth shut. or as everyone say google it and ull find the truth

hey look i googled http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/...soarer/1991_5/

Last edited by sc3jd; 09-14-11 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-14-11, 12:30 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

You're a ****ing moron! I've got a huge book with pictures of them designing the car. So who's right Lexus or you? Lol get the **** out of here with your lulzinternetcantfinishawordwithouttypingitalltenyearoldattitude.

The American Calty design team took a different approach to designing the car,[5] using plaster molding shapes to design the body,[3] and working three-dimensionally instead of the traditional 2-D sketch approach.[3] As described by design chiefs Denis Campbell and Erwin Lui,[3] the result was a car that was based on "emotion and feeling" rather than linear aesthetics. The resulting design possessed almost no straight edges, and produced a drag coefficient of Cd 0.31.[3] According to automotive journalist Bill Russ, the SC design was considered influential among automotive designs of the time.[4]

The SC 400 débuted on June 1, 1991 in the United States as a 1992 model. The SC 400's 4.0*L V8 1UZ-FE, the same engine as used in the LS 400, was reported to have cost over US$400,000,000 in research and development.[6] The SC 400 was honored as the Motor Trend Import Car of the Year for 1992. It also made Car and Driver magazine's Ten Best list for 1992 through 1998.

Originally Posted by sc3jd
Um dude really. im a very pacient person but ur ignorance pisses me off. lexus sc300/400 was the american version of te toyota soarer. really and also the soarer was made based off the mk4 supra. why u think u can take everything off a supra and put it on the sc. So if u dont know what ur talking about then just keep ur mouth shut. or as everyone say google it and ull find the truth
Old 09-14-11, 12:32 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys didn't think that matte white S4 looked good?

Old 09-14-11, 12:37 PM
sc3jd
Driver School Candidate

Ok so u think ur a ethug just cus u got a book. the **** i know bout this car u cant find on the interweb. like the chassis it self is a mk4 chassis if u take it all the way down to skeleton. the design of the sheet metal was design here. so dude learn ur car more. actually take it apart look at it, and then get back on the web.
Old 09-14-11, 01:03 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Damn so you mean tearing my car down to the body and putting it back together doesn't count as knowing my car? Darn!

Shut up mr 20 posts. You're a ****ing tool.

Originally Posted by sc3jd
Ok so u think ur a ethug just cus u got a book. the **** i know bout this car u cant find on the interweb. like the chassis it self is a mk4 chassis if u take it all the way down to skeleton. the design of the sheet metal was design here. so dude learn ur car more. actually take it apart look at it, and then get back on the web.
Old 09-14-11, 01:05 PM
sc3jd
Driver School Candidate

And u still havent realized ur car was based off the mk4 chassis?

Quick Reply: Plasti dipping whole car?