SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anyone else have a rough sc?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-11, 06:33 PM
copermn
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bought mine in july for 1100, with a blown headgasket.. and oh boy did he drive it for awhile after he blew the headgasket.. god.. when I drained the oil this past weekend, it took up two entire drain pans, where it should only take one. The oil was a milkshake for sure.. it was ridiculous.

but its put all back together now, and I'm just connecting the vacuum lines back together and figuring out my little overheating problem I'm having.

exterior isn't bad, front bumper Needs to be painted again though :/ and some dings and dents on the body, but still the best car i've ever had in this condition.

interior, the drivers door panel needs to be screwed on better and fixed and need to figure out my seats since the passenger one's motor is broken and only half works and just missing odds and ends.. ugh.. hard to work on it tho when it's 2.5 hours away from me while i'm at school haha.
Old 09-09-11, 11:20 PM
619Rider
Pole Position

Mine is rough .. because the drivers side do not open , the windows down open as well, the door panels are ****ed. Also the passenger side is kinda rough. I dont think anyone has this lol..

It came from a US customs aution.. so go figure.. the sings of the passenger side panel being ****ed.. from some type of search.
Old 09-09-11, 11:26 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still no pics of said "rough" SC's...? Come on now, I want to see these things.
Old 09-09-11, 11:27 PM
619Rider
Pole Position

because it will scare away people
Old 09-09-11, 11:36 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

blah, Ive owned several s13's, a rough SC I think is far better than a rough s13...bring'em on!!
Old 09-10-11, 12:33 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought my SC March of this year for $3600, and I found a receipt from a towing service who auctioned the SC to the previous owner, the first time I cleaned my SC. And the receipt was dated a couple months before I bought it and it was only for $2400, I think. So that really sucks, since I've already spent about $6k+ for new parts of the SC and some accessories. I did all the labor for the things I needed to fix, and it's getting better and better every time I fixed it, although sometimes I feel like my SC is fighting me, whenever I fix something something else breaks down. The only thing I'm thankful for my SC is, the body is in great shape even the paint, and interior is also in great shape with no tears, so far, although the leather is already hard and rough, and also, the engine and tranny is still mighty strong. I made a spreadsheet of everything I've spent and fixed, you guys wanna see??
Old 09-10-11, 06:44 AM
ChrisH
Rookie

Rough scs are not a thing you want to see, trust me. Its a lil bit heart breaking . Parting out my "rough sc" right now so I can buy a non rough one
Old 09-10-11, 08:11 AM
lex92sc300
Driver

All of the ones that havent been cleaned up are ruff most are close to twenty years old and interiors all need work paint and improvments
Old 09-10-11, 03:16 PM
Matthieu
Driver School Candidate

I bought my SC300 for 1400 (and I threw in my busted iPad) a few months ago. 5-speed with only 152,xxx so I was sold as soon as I drove it. I have wanted an SC since I was 6 lol

Exterior is alright, a dent in the driver quarter panel and the rear deck lip is cracked.

Mechanically: Leaking rack and pinion, clutch literally exploded out of the bottom of the trans but motor and transmission are in good shape....minus the hole.

Interior: You could definitely call my interior rough, you could also call it not there haha. All I have is a dash and front seats.
Old 09-10-11, 10:40 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

^^ Ouch! Sorry to hear about the clutch explosion! Is the physical repair as simple as finding another W58 to JZ block bell housing?
Old 09-14-11, 10:16 AM
Starfx5
Driver School Candidate

bought my 93 sc3 for $2200 in 2009. Had the usual seats look like a the let an animal loose in it MKIII supra rims cracked windshield, only the driver window works, no air bags, radio missing, no ac, and the list goes on and on and on. started fixing things little by little when i had no job custom two tone seats and fixed alot of little things. but car got totaled and had to come out the pocket to fix it grand total of...you guessed it $2200!!! since then i got job fixing stuff left and right i invested to much to quit now lol thats my rough sc story.
Old 09-14-11, 03:50 PM
Matthieu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
^^ Ouch! Sorry to hear about the clutch explosion! Is the physical repair as simple as finding another W58 to JZ block bell housing?
Thankfully a W58 to JZ block bell housing is all I need, I am just having trouble tracking one down although my local dealership said they can order it.
Old 09-14-11, 06:46 PM
UR2klose
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Still no pics of said "rough" SC's...? Come on now, I want to see these things.
here's a rough sc. not mine but ive seen it around before. its for sale on craigslist now for 2k obo.. http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2586922869.html

Old 09-15-11, 05:16 AM
flip3d
Driver School Candidate

Picked up a rough 1994 SC400 a couple months ago for $2500.

Bad

Rebuilt title
Missing driver door panel
No back seat
No radio
No speakers
Power antenna broken
Sunroof leaks
Front windshield leaks
Some no name wheels with mismatched tires
4 blown struts

Good
Motor is perfect. Everything just redone.
W58 swap
A/C Works great

It's a little too rough for me. I'm gonna pick up a clean SC (hopefully a shell) later down the road and swap the motor and tranny over.
Old 09-15-11, 08:44 AM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was nice but i beat on it every chance I get so now its in rough shape. Funny thing is I like it more in a beat up condition

Quick Reply: Anyone else have a rough sc?