SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Last pic I'll ever take of old red :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-11, 05:29 PM
JPKeiichi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, that's a nice car you picked up there!
Old 09-04-11, 05:49 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

sad to see her go, but congrats on the new car.
Old 09-04-11, 06:17 PM
fleishelja
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, the new car is definitely nice. Im enjoying the 45mpg Ive been averaging
Old 09-04-11, 06:27 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

beautiful sc, hopefully she went to a deserving owner, but nice to see you got another beautiful lexus
Old 09-04-11, 07:41 PM
xwingzero2
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

super nice dude
Old 09-04-11, 10:31 PM
cv129
Driver School Candidate

Hello all, new to the forum and definitely new to the lexus community. I am proud to say, I am the lucky sob that bought this car!

Took a 760miles trip back to Dallas in this beauty. Weather wasn't so nice, I was chasing a rain cloud. I learned a few things, about the car and myself:

-This car is indeed mechanically perfect. Just as James had advertised.

-Immediately after James picked me up from the airport, we drove through ghetto roads to get to the bank. Immediately I was impressed with how solid the car felt. No squeak. No rattle. No knocking noises. How can a car, riding on coilovers and sitting so low, with 220+k miles, feel as solid and quiet as a new stock SC400 would? My dad has owned 2 LS400's, and this red car feels very similar to them in terms of noise control and solidness. This is simply a testiment to James' hardwork and know-how. This impression holds true throughout the long trip back to Dallas, where I've had to come across many many many rough and uneven road surfaces.

-I am a showoff #1. I have always thought I prefered to be understated. No bright color, nothing too low, no painted calipers, nothing too flush, etc. Well, I've crossed over to the dark side. I've soaked up every moment of people looking at this car with wide eyes...chickas, kids, bikers, men, chickas, more chikas (my wife doesn't go on clublexus so I'm ok)...and there were many of these moments for the past 2 days.

-I am a showoff #2. I stopped more times than I had to (added gas when I still had 1/2 tank), just so I had excuses to start the engine with bystanders around. This car sounds especially awesome on startups. I got the "WTF do you have in there" look from a biker, hehe.

James, I clay bar'd, hand washed, and machine buffed the car today. It looks great. I definitely plan to build on the solid foundation you've provided. Relentless pursuit of perfection, that is the Lexus law, right? I seriously can't believe this car has 220k+ miles. The 65 to 100mph acceleration was suprisingly strong. Engine and gearbox are silky smooth. The doors are as heavy as a Brinks money truck (especially vs my 240 lol) and they close with a solid "muff" sound, which once again, unlike many 15 yr old cars.

Last edited by cv129; 09-04-11 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-04-11, 10:47 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on the new lexus, she looks very nice. nice to know your moving to Seattle, i'm going to have to hit you up for a photo shoot lol
Old 09-04-11, 11:57 PM
rath
Driver School Candidate

shes a beauty, I hope the owner will take care of her like you kept it.
Old 09-05-11, 08:02 AM
fleishelja
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I should have just read the forum post, I just texted you a second ago haha. Glad to see you made it back ok and your enjoying the car. Ill look forward to seeing your updates on here
Old 09-05-11, 08:39 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by cv129
Hello all, new to the forum and definitely new to the lexus community. I am proud to say, I am the lucky sob that bought this car!

Took a 760miles trip back to Dallas in this beauty. Weather wasn't so nice, I was chasing a rain cloud. I learned a few things, about the car and myself:

-Immediately after James picked me up from the airport, we drove through ghetto roads to get to the bank. Immediately I was impressed with how solid the car felt. No squeak. No rattle. No knocking noises. How can a car, riding on coilovers and sitting so low, with 220+k miles, feel as solid and quiet as a new stock SC400 would? My dad has owned 2 LS400's, and this red car feels very similar to them in terms of noise control and solidness. This is simply a testiment to James' hardwork and know-how. This impression holds true throughout the long trip back to Dallas, where I've had to come across many many many rough and uneven road surfaces.

-I am a showoff #1. I have always thought I prefered to be understated. No bright color, nothing too low, no painted calipers, nothing too flush, etc. Well, I've crossed over to the dark side. I've soaked up every moment of people looking at this car with wide eyes...chickas, kids, bikers, men, chickas, more chikas (my wife doesn't go on clublexus so I'm ok)...and there were many of these moments for the past 2 days.

-I am a showoff #2. I stopped more times than I had to (added gas when I still had 1/2 tank), just so I had excuses to start the engine with bystanders around. This car sounds especially awesome on startups. I got the "WTF do you have in there" look from a biker, hehe.

James, I clay bar'd, hand washed, and machine buffed the car today. It looks great. I definitely plan to build on the solid foundation you've provided. Relentless pursuit of perfection, that is the Lexus law, right? I seriously can't believe this car has 220k+ miles. The 65 to 100mph acceleration was suprisingly strong. Engine and gearbox are silky smooth. The doors are as heavy as a Brinks money truck (especially vs my 240 lol) and they close with a solid "muff" sound, which once again, unlike many 15 yr old cars.
Where in Dallas? I need to see this car.
Old 09-05-11, 09:05 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What happened to your black SC?
Old 09-05-11, 09:26 AM
cv129
Driver School Candidate

ThomasGS4, I am in uptown/downtown area.
Old 09-05-11, 09:28 AM
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

It's awesome to see that such a great car is passed on to someone else who will obviously appreciate it and take care of it. Welcome to the forums.
Old 09-05-11, 09:33 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

ThomasGS4, I am in uptown/downtown area.
Oh really? I'm a little bit west of you in Flower Mound.
Old 09-05-11, 09:51 AM
cv129
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Oh really? I'm a little bit west of you in Flower Mound.
Cool. I'll try to make it out to one of the car meets. Is there one that you usually attend?

Quick Reply: Last pic I'll ever take of old red :(