Headlights and fog lights HIDs need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-11, 01:44 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by sc300jz
They ship from china? Since when? The reason why it takes so long is because they are always backed up with previous orders.

DDM is okay, i've been using them for the past 3 years and no dead bulb.
My friend's DDM kit shipped straight from China since they were out of stock on their site. It still got here in a few days too.

HIDextra.com is where I got the HID's on my SC and their a forum vendor on here. Xenondepot.com and Mod-Express are both good and Club Lexus vendors. You also have DDM Tuning as well.
Old 07-24-11, 06:38 AM
unknown159
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ebay..............
Old 07-26-11, 10:09 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm biased ;-)

We've been selling quality HID kits on this board since 2004.

Steve
Old 07-26-11, 10:51 AM
BigBang
Lead Lap

I've had ddm's for 2 years and no problem. friends have ddm too. imo it's bang for the buck..
Old 07-26-11, 12:00 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kingphilip
Backorder happen on whatever company y'know. And so what if they ship from China, nothing in the world isn't made in China anymore anyways. I've had DDm Tuning ever since I bought my SC, my previous cars' HID's where all bought in China directly, and have had them for 4years or more, and never did I have any problems with it. You guys talk about China like it's the worst in the world. I find it really ignorant if you haven't been to China and see stuff there with "Made in the USA" tags on them.
My HIDS weren't made in China, They were made in Japan (I can post pics to prove it too)

I always try to avoid stuff made in China since China is notorious for cutting corners in trying to maximize profits.
Old 07-26-11, 12:38 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
My HIDS weren't made in China, They were made in Japan (I can post pics to prove it too)

I always try to avoid stuff made in China since China is notorious for cutting corners in trying to maximize profits.
Out of topic, but I guess you don't buy any Apple/Mac stuff too since all of it is made in China? My point is, made in China stuff isn't that bad. I've been there bro, I've seen all of the stuff we can buy here that's made there.

Last edited by OG Dada; 07-26-11 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-18-11, 11:23 PM
stocksc3
Driver School Candidate

I ordered hid low beams, hid fog lights, and interior led bulbs from DDM Tuning on Oct 31, they didn't arrive until November 18.... Should of ordered them elsewhere. I had to exercise a lot of patience to wait 19 days on a pretty regular order.
Old 11-18-11, 11:46 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

^ you sure thats not customs instead of being back ordered? get the cheapest **** you can or support your favorite sponsor. As mentioned several times here, most stuff is manufactured in china; those that arent are still competing with long running products that are.
Old 11-19-11, 12:29 AM
BAUSauto
Former Sponsor

We sell High quality JDM HIDs! Let me know if you guys need anything in the future!
Old 11-19-11, 09:14 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

DDMtuning is where I got mine, can't beat
Startrting price of $35 .1 year and no issues so far, you can chose a wattage, temp(color) and ballast size...
Old 11-19-11, 09:39 AM
vangb2
Pole Position

High or low quality. I always get blinded by those glaring headlights that does not have a cut off.
Old 11-20-11, 10:34 AM
stocksc3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by greens14
^ you sure thats not customs instead of being back ordered? get the cheapest **** you can or support your favorite sponsor. As mentioned several times here, most stuff is manufactured in china; those that arent are still competing with long running products that are.
I ordered low beam and fog lights from DDM Tuning earlier this year for my brothers Trans Am. 1.5 weeks went by and nothing had arrived. I called them up and they told me the lights were on back order. The website didn't state the lights were on back order, they had no courtesy to inform the customer. So it took about 3 weeks total for them to arrive.
Now it was my turn to order lights for the SC. Since I knew what I was getting I decided to order from DDM. I placed my order Sunday night Oct 30. So now it is Thursday Nov 10 and the order still says processing whereas my credit card was already charged Monday Oct 31. I called them up and the guy said the order didn't make it past the point of sales. Some error in their system. I requested that he expedite the lights, the guy said he couldn't because they come from China and that would cost him $200. I asked him to waive the shipping fee, he said he couldn't because they hardly have any markup on their lights as it is. So finally they arrived Friday 18, it took 19 days for my order to arrive. My order was almost a $150 order and I was a returning customer. I wish the guy would of taken better care of me. So basically if I never called him the order would of never made it to the processing phase.
In conclusion, DDM Tuning has an excellent product, very happy with all the kits and led bulbs. If you aren't in a hurry and have a lot of time on your hands to follow up with them, only then would I recommend them to anyone.
Next project: HID Retrofit and upgrade my wheels

Old 11-20-11, 12:56 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

^ horrible customer service. Ridiculous. Very clean twins btw.
Old 11-20-11, 01:32 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

∧∧∧I wouldn't say that it's horrible customer service, I would say it's getting what you paid for. I mean, people always want to save big but never wonder what's the difference between buying the $100-200 products from the $35-50 products which are totally the same. It's like, going to a swap meet market and asking for a Nordstrom customer service.
Old 11-20-11, 01:35 PM
Bubbas SC
Driver

You can try the $40 eBay hid kits. I use them for the fog lights on my WRX. I've had them since 2008, and they still turn on everytime.

Quick Reply: Headlights and fog lights HIDs need help