SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anybody done a sunroof delete ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-11, 01:58 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Same here. Had an 88 AW11 SC'd 5-speed, and used to cruise with a buddy of mine that had an auto AW11. Only difference between ours was the trans and supercharger. No one would ever race cause it was hard to tell which was which.
I really miss that car
Nice! and yeah so do I, great cars!

Originally Posted by Gate
WTF well i guess he duz smoke a ton of weed! I should stop believing everything he says. It really does come in auto! That makes me so happy! Thanks for helping me not sound like an idiot anymore, bet iv'e already upset some people...Still, why would he say that, it pisses me off, he has horrible sources, he's my best bud though I'm so used to taking his word on everything, Duse, i seriously am thankful for the correction! If i didn't already have my sc i would go get an auto mr2 first gen
Lol no problem, its cool it happens, not sure why your friend would say that, some strange people out there or maybe he didnt know himself it could be many reasons but thats why people should do research themselves before buying instead of relying on others but now you know in case you want one in the future and your welcome
Old 09-24-11, 04:51 AM
SourLex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool over40drive. that area with the sunroof controls and map light did you leave it blank or replace it with something else. and how much is the custom headliner gonna cost you? im thinkin of doin the same thing as im gonna give my car a new coat of paint.
Old 09-24-11, 02:08 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting you should ask that, sourlex. I just reinstalled the headliner this morning. I used thin roll insulation with white plastic backing to fill the sunroof hole. It was not as stiff as I thought it would be, will reconsider. The overhead light panel also houses the sunroof switch, which of course I dont need anymore. The light panel was supported by the sunroof power motor, so ill have to see how thats going to work.
Old 09-24-11, 06:03 PM
Gate
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Nice! and yeah so do I, great cars!

Lol no problem, its cool it happens, not sure why your friend would say that, some strange people out there or maybe he didnt know himself it could be many reason but thats why people should do research themselves before buying instead of relying on others but now you know in case you want one in the future and your welcome
Hah I dunno either, he should more research, he is SO lucky that he ended up liking the car, seemed in decent condition, first year ever made too, he liked it a lot, got it for $1100.

BUT it got towed the morning after he bought it. He left the door unlocked, it was parked at the top of the hill. I know he put the parking brake on, I was there when he parked it. The police report said they found it at the bottom of the hill in the middle of an intersection as if it had just coasted down. I'm pretty sure the buttholes across the street got pissed that he had to temp park it by their mailbox, i bet they released the brakes and let it go bye bye.

My bud didn't fight it. He let it get auctioned.

But yes, thank you again, and knowledge is power, he learned a few lessons and is taking much better care of his eclipse