Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Duralast/Rack & Pinion

Old 07-19-11, 01:18 PM   #1
Tament
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default Duralast/Rack & Pinion

I am considering getting a Duralast/Rack & Pinion from autozone. My reasoning for doing so is the part from them has a lifetime warranty. I have had good experience with them and warranty stuff, no hassle "it does not work, bring it in" Mine is barely leaking, hardly even noticable, but I am thinking when it goes, as I am about to change my PS high pressure hose, and that may just add pressure causing it to go faster, i should just get the Duralast/Rack & Pinion and change it out.

What do you all think...would you? Why? or Why not....all comments are welcomed.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Tament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 01:27 PM   #2
KingPhilip
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (10)

I just got mine from Duralast also, same reason, it's lifetime warranty and I just might keep this car for as long as I live, LOL. But seriously, the guys who refurbish this things and are the same guys who do it if you buy the refurbished ones from Lexus. They pretty much order from the same company then just certify it under there own terms.
KingPhilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 03:02 PM   #3
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Trader Score: (18)

Dark Cloud XS Death_Anghell

Is the Duralast one a lot cheaper than a new factory one? I might get one if they are. You can't beat the lifetime warranty.
95 Toyota Supra

さくら

Kira X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 06:01 PM   #4
Tament
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira X View Post
Is the Duralast one a lot cheaper than a new factory one? I might get one if they are. You can't beat the lifetime warranty.
The Duralast is approx $219 with the core return, the core is worth $125 in my area. I have not priced the OEM yet so I am not sure, my main concern was the lifetime warranty on the part..I have bought altinators and you cant beat the lifetime on that.
Tament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 10:45 PM   #5
JDMparts
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

lifetime warranty all becomes a matter of, how many times do you want to do the labor...

just because you can get a "slightly" lesser priced/ slightly "lesser" quality part, that's good for life, doesnt mean whoever is warranting the part is going to remove and reinstall it...
JDMparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 11:39 PM   #6
KingPhilip
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira X View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tament View Post
The Duralast is approx $219 with the core return, the core is worth $125 in my area. I have not priced the OEM yet so I am not sure, my main concern was the lifetime warranty on the part..I have bought altinators and you cant beat the lifetime on that.
The Duralast is $219 + $125 core (So you have to return yours once you've replaced it). OEM is $1550 brand new, then $650 refurbished, and $350 refurbished with our Sewell discount, 1 year limited warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMparts View Post
lifetime warranty all becomes a matter of, how many times do you want to do the labor...

just because you can get a "slightly" lesser priced/ slightly "lesser" quality part, that's good for life, doesnt mean whoever is warranting the part is going to remove and reinstall it...
Well, for guys like me who do all the labor it's just finding the time to do it is the problem. And like I said, there is only one factory who does the refurbishing of the parts, Lexus and Duralast just get's it from them and warrants it based on there own classification. This is according to the guy from Lexus Sewell I talked to. 'Cause I asked him why do they need to wait for the part to be shipped to them first before they can ship it to me, why not straight from the factory? So he said because they need to inspect it first so they can warrant it and so on and so forth...
KingPhilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 11:39 PM

Tags
98, autozone, cardone, duralass, duralast, duralastrack, forum, good, is300, lexus, ls400, pinion, pinon, rack, rating, removal, sc400