SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Interest/Group buy for Big Win front lip....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-11, 01:25 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interest/Group buy for Big Win front lip....

Update 7/22/2011

Latest information from ExtremeDimensions posted on page 9 of the thread:

So I have gone ahead and tried to get approval on this project. Unfortunately, even with the massive amount of interest Extreme Dimensions will not be able to assist in this project due to the fact that SEMA is right around the corner and we are working 12 hour days trying to prototype parts from scratch for our booth vehicles.

But..

All hope is not lost, if we were to do the project it could take well over a year. Waiting on the Big Win, making a mold, shipping it over seas, mass producing the item, waiting for it to come back. There should be another sponsor coming up here soon to post some info.

Latest information from me posted on page 9 of the thread (P.R.S.22)

It sucks....but there might still be hope! This other sponsor should hopefully be joining the ClubLexus forum very soon. I have a bit more incite into the matter but I can't really say anything more until the other sponsor joins the forum and posts their own information for everyone to read on here.

Basically it could still happen in the VERY near future so whoever is on this list that is still interested may want to hang on, or if your ready to dish out the 700 then by all means go for it.

I'm in no rush since the lip is just the last piece of the puzzle for me and I would have to save up awhile anyways in order to get it. Either way it is a bit of a set back but I'm still not going to give up on this matter just yet!

Update-7/18/2011

The latest information from ExtremeDimensions posted here on page 5 of the thread:

Thank you everyone for showing great interest in this GB. I do appreciate having the opportunity to serve/help you all. I will have a final answer for everyone by the end of the week, 22nd. Around 4pm'ish. That is when I have my meetings for new product development. Subscribe to this thread if you already haven't. Thank you once again.

UPDATE-7/17/2011

So I received some information from ExtremeDimensions as of now. Here is a gist of the information given to me:

The lip, if made, will not have any mounting holes since everyone may not want to mount it in the same way. Holes will have to be made on their own. Also, the lip will not be a clip on. You will have to secure it with bolts and 3M Double sided tape.

The pricing is still a rough estimate. It can go down, go up or stay the same. No additional discounts can be given after it has reached its max of 16.

Ok guys....this is the moment we have all been waiting for. Our ClubLexus vendor on here ExtremeDimensions is going to be making a Big Win front lip and will cut CL an exclusive offer if we reach a quota of 16 interested members. Remember this is just for the front lip and not the whole body kit.

The mold has not been made yet so this quota is going towards making the mold, as well as giving each member who signs up in this thread a discounted rate on getting the lip vs. those people who decide to get the lip after this initial group buy.

The lip will be made in polyurethane and could possibly be made in CF in the future if there is enough interest in that particular material. For now expect it in polyurethane. Here is a price breakdown directly from ExtremeDimensions as far as pricing is concerned....

Urethane pricing would be around $449.00 - $499.00 plus shipping.

Shipping on average for a front lip alone in the Continental US runs about $79.00

Breakdown on how a GB would look pricing wise.

5-10 buyers:
$314.30 - $349.30 + Shipping

11-15 buyers:
$291.85 - $324.35 + Shipping

16+ buyers:
$269.40 - $299.40 + Shipping

This is just a breakdown on how pricing would look from our end if we did this project. Obviously the best bang for your buck comes after 16+. If we were able to do that I would not mind ordering the BigWin lip as long as everyone here is patient and are willing to leave a 25%-50% deposit.

Again for those interested in CF it will cost a bit more than for polyurethane. Also keep in mind everyone that this lip will not just be available to us in just a few weeks or anything. Remember ExtremeDimensions is going to have to first get the lip, which takes around 10 weeks or so, then test fit, then make a mold, then produce polyurethane lips from there and sell them to us.

This process will take several months but be rest assured it will get done this time around. We are being very serious about this. ExtremeDimensions will be posting in this thread from time to time to answer any questions and also to check the list to verify we have the 16+ people we need.

Remember the more we get for the initial group buy the cheaper it will be for us in the long run.

I also don't want any bashing of ExtremeDimension in this thread. This is an opportunity for the Lexus community to get a product we all want and I don't want ignorant people to post in here and mess this up for the rest of the community. If you have a problem with them send them a PM but don't post here.

Let's make this happen guys so we can all benefit from this tremendous opportunity

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 07-22-11 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-15-11, 01:26 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

So far on this list confirmed....

1. P.R.S.22
2. Superjatt
3. xxtoobsxx
4. LexusFTW
5. N00bie909
6. Jadu
7. uras300
8. LameSC300
9. JDMmuscle x2
10. suislide
11. SoarerJZ
12. JPKeiichi
13. Durrby
14. phrozen
15. SC1984
16. SickSC3
17. 97sc300t
18. ecstaticSC
19. SH_JZZ30
20. cuonggs300
21. Boost786
22. Relapser
23. Forte_EXE
24. FatCat67
25. Tabaka
26. DoriSaru15
27. DeezNuts
28. brosefine
29. bigdaddygr
30. FiSta
31. mktbully
32. poser714
33. SOLID300
34. MMCtuner
35. MI SO FST x2
36. SCott300
37. beazysc3
38. Matador
39. atlsupdawg
40. Slooooooow
41. IN2LXUAL
42. kaidoy
43. 2jzsoarerH
44. CalitriSC

Couple more pics up close...

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 07-20-11 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-15-11, 01:34 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in and if Ed needs a bumper for test fit ill be happy to help
Old 07-15-11, 01:38 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

I want this.. what's the time frame looking like?
Old 07-15-11, 01:39 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by N00bie909
I'm in and if Ed needs a bumper for test fit ill be happy to help
Thank you We already have someone at the moment for test fitting but if anything falls through we will definitely go to you in order to get this done.
Old 07-15-11, 01:42 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jadu
I want this.. what's the time frame looking like?
Good to hear We are looking at roughly 5 months. Remember ExtremeDimensions will have to get ahold of one of these lips which will take 10 weeks. Then from there the mold process and test fitting will begin. The last half should not take very long, but it is the initial receiving of the lip to ExtremeDimensions which will take the longest.
Old 07-15-11, 01:48 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Good to hear We are looking at roughly 5 months. Remember ExtremeDimensions will have to get ahold of one of these lips which will take 10 weeks. Then from there the mold process and test fitting will begin. The last half should not take very long, but it is the initial receiving of the lip to ExtremeDimensions which will take the longest.
Understood. I was just concerned about the deposit and paying in full
Old 07-15-11, 01:58 PM
ecstaticSC
Racer

I'm interested, but want to see the final product before putting any money in.
Old 07-15-11, 02:26 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jadu
Understood. I was just concerned about the deposit and paying in full
Totally understand No money will be deposited on our part until this fully takes off and we have the full green light. Also ExtremeDimensions will give us more information as we reach that point.

Originally Posted by ecstaticSC
I'm interested, but want to see the final product before putting any money in.
Understood ecstaticSC. Stay tuned in this thread for further updates and final product as time progresses.
Old 07-15-11, 02:27 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The final product consists of the Big Win lip in polyurethane.. the mold will be made from the original lip. The only difference will be the material. Also, if someone has pictures of this lip kit not installed please let me know. Thanks.
Old 07-15-11, 02:39 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Count me in, as long as shipping is within a reasonable range.(<$150~)
Old 07-15-11, 03:41 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by uras300
Count me in, as long as shipping is within a reasonable range.(<$150~)
Good to here uras300 The list has been updated. Shipping will definitely be below $150 for sure.
Old 07-15-11, 03:45 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just so i understand, this is legit Polyurethane, as in the SAME materiel as the OEM bumper correct? not some poly-fiberglass hybrid ?
Old 07-15-11, 03:54 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Just so i understand, this is legit Polyurethane, as in the SAME materiel as the OEM bumper correct? not some poly-fiberglass hybrid ?
Don't worry brotha....I literally called ExtremeDimensions myself and spoke with Khurram for quite a while. He told me legit it will be polyurethane and not a hybrid fiberglass of any sort. He also told me if later on there is enough interest for CF they will make that as well, but for now it's just polyurethane.

I know you have your doubts on whether they can come through for us but lets give him a chance and see how this turns out for us. We all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them to be better in the end

Even Dave on here gave us the thumb up on this from the previous thread so lets give it a whirle

P.S. I was going to masage you first about this but ran out of time. You know you want this lip as bad as I do...haha.
Old 07-15-11, 03:56 PM
LameSC300
Pole Position

Please count me in.

Quick Reply: Interest/Group buy for Big Win front lip....