SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Huge/Annoying problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-11, 01:32 PM
DjRadical3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge/Annoying problem

So I don't have the master key to my 99 sc300, which means?- I cant get into my trunk! Its locked. The dealer I bought it from told me..."Oh you can go up to Lexus and get a new key for $30-$60 bucks"...Ok sweet not a problem. Took the car back home, went to Toyota since there's no Lexus dealer close to me. Turns out I need a new computer to get a master key, at least that's what they told me... $2600 + labor...just to get into my trunk. No thanks bro, that's nearly half of what I payed for the car...(That will teach me to trust the word of an Indian car salesman). I got a flat the other day, took me 2 hours to get the wheel lock lug nut off because whatyaknow...special keys in the trunk. There's no telling whats in that trunk either lol it hasn't been opened since before the guy I bought it from got it. (Im hoping for bags of money for my inconvenience)

So My question is to you guys. Any idea's? Way to possibly break into the trunk without breaking anything? Could I part out a computer and keys from another lexus someone else selling one?(Does it have to be the same year?)

Thanks in advance for any advice
Old 06-27-11, 01:50 PM
tjcetanyan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does your trunk release inside of the vehicle not work?
if the lock on the trunk release is in the locked (in) position, pick it, or remove the lock cylinder for the trunk release. Other than that, not sure how well a locksmith would do with the trunk lock.
Old 06-27-11, 02:17 PM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

you can get it from the lexus dealer for 125 bucks, i had to do that once. you just have to show ownership and vin number and they can order it up for you.
Old 06-27-11, 02:46 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

If you're in or around Denver, CO I'll fix it for you.
Old 06-27-11, 04:32 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

2600? hahaha i woulda been like what? does it come with a 2JZGTE? haha
Old 06-27-11, 06:00 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

My thoughts exactly.. What a crock of crap..
Old 06-27-11, 09:17 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

I'm not really around the shell of my car much since i'm mostly working on the engine now. But is it possible to remove the back seats to access the trunk? Like some cars you can pull em forward and unlock from inside. Now that most cars have the latch where you can open the inside of the trunk, you can't kidnap anybody unless you tie their hands up real good. :P
Old 06-27-11, 09:34 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

I will be your savior Cause I been doing with key issues for the past couple weeks and learned alot. Since your is 99, any advice that older than 98 does not apply to you. Go back to the lexus dealer (not sure about toyota dealer) and tell them about the key ecu immobilizer replacement program. If comes with the car once in the life time of the car. You might just have to buy a set of keys + labor, which cost about $500 or less. Then you have a new master key. If the car been thru that program, then you might be out of luck. That is how you get a new master key...

If you just want to open the truck only, then you can go to the dealer and ask them to cut your key by the key code they have in their database.. They will ask for your registration card. But you cannot start your engine with new cut key because it has not been programmed. You need a original master key to program a new key.

Another alternative to cut key cheaper...
Go to the dealer and ask for the key code. Go to your local locksmith, if they have the laser cutting machining, then they can cut you a new lexus key with the key code. Ask your local locksmith if they can cut lexus key or not first. Many cannot...

Last edited by horent135; 06-27-11 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-27-11, 09:39 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BigBang
I'm not really around the shell of my car much since i'm mostly working on the engine now. But is it possible to remove the back seats to access the trunk? Like some cars you can pull em forward and unlock from inside. Now that most cars have the latch where you can open the inside of the trunk, you can't kidnap anybody unless you tie their hands up real good. :P
No, cannot pull the back seat. It just a metal wall there. You can thank the gas tank.
Old 06-27-11, 11:29 PM
Taste
Driver

Can u get an aftermarket alarm and have them add a trunk release button for like 260
Old 06-28-11, 12:05 AM
kaban1993
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

If you get 2 keys, you will get the ecu (computer) for free. Call lexus to make sure that special is still going on but Im pretty sure it is. This cost me around $700 at my local lexus dealer (labor included)
Old 06-28-11, 12:18 AM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was told by someone on here once that u can take the bottom panel where the valet trunk release is off the dash . Then u find the connector to the trunk release and run a jumper wire to it or use paper clip. He said that will pop the trunk. Good luck.
Old 06-28-11, 12:19 AM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Shop around. Don't just call one place and stick to it. Even two Lexus dealerships will offer two completely different diagnosis and resolutions. Be a smart consumer!

And why can't you open the trunk from the interior/dash?
Old 07-05-11, 12:13 PM
DjRadical3
Driver School Candidate

Sorry guys been away a while.

But yeah I was thinking about the after market alarm solution, because I have an after market alarm on my jeep. So may look into that.

It is locked from the interior/dash, thats why I cant open it. I have a valet key wich unlucks my doors, and starts the car, but it doesnt unlock the trunk. I will try everything you guys suggested and thank you so much for the good advice! def gonna help me lol
Old 07-05-11, 01:12 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

wow.....drop the bottom dash piece where the buttons are....unplugthe black and blue wired connector to the trunk switch....short it with a paper clip or piece of speaker wire.....wala....have a nice day....n i want one of those bags of money...

Quick Reply: Huge/Annoying problem