SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

92 SC turn signal question, please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-11, 02:30 PM
MySCSucks
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 SC turn signal question, please help

I ordered the Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals. I thought I had asked the guy whether this would trigger "quick blink" by interrupting the circuit, but apparently I wasn't specific enough in my questions. Reading their documentation it looks like if I install this thing it's going to trigger the quick blink.

I removed a bulb from my turn signals, but that didn't trigger a quick blink. I thought that removing a bulb would trigger the quick blink since the circuit isn't drawing enough current. Should it? If I broke the bulb and damaged the filament so it didn't conduct energy would that be a representative test.

I'm very inexperienced with car modification in general (I usually pay to have an expert do the work so I don't wreck stuff), and I don't have any experience modifying electric components.

I know there's probably a post or a thread about this someplace, and I'd definitely appreciate a link to that, but I was hoping someone could help me with my specific situation. I hadn't read much about sequential turn signals here.

My primary question is if I install these as referenced at the below website, will I induce quick blink? And how difficult is it to implement the two primary fixes (replace/modify flasher or put resistors/loads on the circuit).

Thanks very much. I hope that after I resolve this issue I'll have lots of other mods to discuss.

Forgive my first post being a question.

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm
Old 06-13-11, 02:48 PM
MySCSucks
Driver School Candidate

So I re-read the hyper blink fix thread. I'm sorry but I'm just not sure still what I should do.

I believe this module will definitely interrupt the circuit and I believe I'm well and truly screwed because I'm not sure how to proceed.
Old 06-13-11, 07:44 PM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy a modified blinker relay that will blink at the normal speed no matter what you do with the bulbs. I thought I had a URL to refer you to but can't find it at the moment. It's out there!
Old 06-14-11, 07:42 AM
MySCSucks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MooJohn
You can buy a modified blinker relay that will blink at the normal speed no matter what you do with the bulbs. I thought I had a URL to refer you to but can't find it at the moment. It's out there!
I have googled and searched this site but I'm struggling to find a link for this. Is this relay something that a novice could install or would it require professional installation?

I'm at the point where I'd paypal someone 20 bucks just to give me some solid leads on this thing.
Old 06-14-11, 08:23 AM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

I found one here -- http://store.ijdmtoy.com/12V-Electro..._fix_sku85.htm

and on ebay here -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8-Pin...-/140543628565

You unplug the stock flasher relay and plug this one in its place. Someone else will have to chime in as to the location since I'm new to SC ownership. Just listen for the clicking while the blinker is on and it'll lead you to it.
Old 06-14-11, 09:36 AM
MySCSucks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MooJohn
I found one here -- http://store.ijdmtoy.com/12V-Electro..._fix_sku85.htm

and on ebay here -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8-Pin...-/140543628565

You unplug the stock flasher relay and plug this one in its place. Someone else will have to chime in as to the location since I'm new to SC ownership. Just listen for the clicking while the blinker is on and it'll lead you to it.
Hmm. Looks good but the compatability page on the EBay link only goes back to 2000.

I owe you one internet sir! I'm gonna probably take the plunge and hope it works.
Old 06-14-11, 05:18 PM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Try pulling the stock one to verify first. I hate posting "maybes", especially when it comes to electrical. If we've got the older style 3-pin flashers they can be purchased off the shelf at any auto parts store. I'm still working on the reassembly of my interior so I haven't made it to lighting mods yet.